Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 23, 2024, 09:24:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Galactic News Network report 03/15/2014  (Read 11136 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »

Hello and welcome to The Galactic Empire News Network. We are sorry to interrupt your current broadcast but we have urgent news to share. It seems Emperor Jam-Jul Lison has decided to leave the Galactic Council.  We have here a recorded video from the Emperor himself. We shall show you that now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emperor Jam-Jul Lison can be seen sitting behind a desk looking at the camera.

Jam-Jul: Hello citizens. I apologize for interrupting whatever it is you may have been doing. As you may or may not have been aware, I have been unhappy with how things in the GC have been going lately. When new ideas or issues are brought forth to the GC, the other members of GC often ignore or choose not to weigh in on issues. One individual keeps waiting for an inactive Captain to return for his input when I can't see him returning anytime soon.  I can't in good faith put my trust in the GC anymore. So with that said The Galactic Empire is now officially withdrawing from the GC.  So what does this mean for the Galaxy? Not a lot will really change. We will honor our NAPs with IMG and EOS. We have also agreed to a NAP with ITO. As for the war with Raph.  While I will not force my people to pursue him, I myself will still go after his ships. Raph can take this how he wants. I am sure he will try to claim this as some victory. But this would have happened whether he was around or not. While he will not have to deal with me sending The Empire after him, he will still have to deal with me and anyone else who chooses to go after him.  I do want to assure everyone this is not a war of TGE vs SSS.  This is more of a matter between our myself and him.  Now ordinarily I would have set up a press conference to allow questions but I am quite busy at the moment. I have an empire to run and I have a lot to do. Farewell everyone and have a wonderful night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strong words from a great and wise leader. Thank you for watching The Galactic Empire News Network and now we return you to your previous broadcast.
Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 08:25:39 AM »

laugh  cheer w00t2 wine dribble mf_laughbounce2 out_cold werule rock cheer harhar clapping coffee1 drink icecream cheers thumbsup lol_sign punk smoke
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 11:02:17 AM »

Maybe you should create a new organization with EOS and other active corps. With only IMG and ITO as its members, the GC is pretty much useless now (not to mention pretty weak).  I'm sure many will agree to my "useless GC" statement now. LOL
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 01:23:41 AM »

Yes and no, Raph. It's useless in the sense of it being gutted 'officially' but the corps that were part of it, including TGE and ITO can still work together for the same or similar goals etc. so it lives on in spirit.

I would however support a new sort of alliance among the active corps.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 02:31:11 AM »

Pretty much just a reason to go back to piracy is all i read out of this news press. Things are pretty dull out there and Raphael is not entertaining enough to keep up interest in killing him alone with nothing else to do.
On the note of "the individual waiting on an inactive captain" the main reason i do that is because the last time i made a call and counter vote i was criticized for not being the GC rep and didnt hold the vote. Besides, i dont see anything of import in the GC forums to actually require any immediate action on. Just a persistent annoying demand to join the GC when it was already made clear "We are not interested"
As always, if there is some serious issues to be dealt with, like piracy by the big corps on new pilots, we will respond in kind. Report all acts of thuggery to myself personally as senior GC member and i will deal with those complaints personally.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 02:37:31 AM »

Pretty much just a reason to go back to piracy is all i read out of this news press. Things are pretty dull out there and Raphael is not entertaining enough to keep up interest in killing him alone with nothing else to do.
On the note of "the individual waiting on an inactive captain" the main reason i do that is because the last time i made a call and counter vote i was criticized for not being the GC rep and didnt hold the vote. Besides, i dont see anything of import in the GC forums to actually require any immediate action on. Just a persistent annoying demand to join the GC when it was already made clear "We are not interested"
As always, if there is some serious issues to be dealt with, like piracy by the big corps on new pilots, we will respond in kind. Report all acts of thuggery to myself personally as senior GC member and i will deal with those complaints personally.

Well when he is that inactive it would be time to revoke his GC rep status and just appoint yourself the new rep.  This is why I never made someone a rep myself. Just in case they vanished on me.  That and i prefer to handle stuff myself. But that is the past now.  I hope my news report was entertaining.  I wasn't trying to be insulting you dadds. Was just trying to find a way way to give my reasons while keeping it in an rp format. I tried to keep it nice though. lol
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 02:42:02 AM »

As did I. Your desire to move back to your old ways is evident enough. Should any victims complain about your current actions then it is quite possible the galaxy may again see crossed swords between us lol

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 03:03:38 AM »

As did I. Your desire to move back to your old ways is evident enough. Should any victims complain about your current actions then it is quite possible the galaxy may again see crossed swords between us lol

I seriously doubt I will fall back to my old ways.  Mostly if you see anything at all it will be one of my bigger ships hitting a target.  Of course that gives such a huge timer anyone can move out of the way easy enough if they are active.  Only other things I might do is the occasional clean out of an area.  Mostly to try to clear out some inactives.  I don't plan on constantly raiding and hassling people with other forms of attacks like I did back in the day. The profit is just too low for it. lol
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 03:53:15 AM »

Pretty much just a reason to go back to piracy is all i read out of this news press. (1) Things are pretty dull out there and Raphael is not entertaining enough to keep up interest in killing him alone with nothing else to do.
On the note of "the individual waiting on an inactive captain" the main reason i do that is because the last time i made a call and counter vote i was criticized for not being the GC rep and didnt hold the vote. Besides, i dont see anything of import in the GC forums to actually require any immediate action on. Just a persistent annoying demand to join the GC when it was already made clear "We are not interested" (2)
As always, if there is some serious issues to be dealt with, like piracy by the big corps on new pilots, we will respond in kind. Report all acts of thuggery to myself personally as senior GC member and i will deal with those complaints personally.(3)

(4)

I seriously doubt I will fall back to my old ways.  Mostly if you see anything at all it will be one of my bigger ships hitting a target.  Of course that gives such a huge timer anyone can move out of the way easy enough if they are active.  Only other things I might do is the occasional clean out of an area.  Mostly to try to clear out some inactives.  I don't plan on constantly raiding and hassling people with other forms of attacks like I did back in the day. The profit is just too low for it. lol (5)

1.  I am seeing the same thing.

2.  Chill out, dude..."persistent annoying",  the GC is in trouble and needs help for it's survival...

3.  Or tell me,  the information will be forwarded unless they, themselves are involved...

4.  Dadds, if JJL restarts his piracy policy, please understand that I will (to the best of my ability) deny him his 'profit'!

5.  It sounds like the actions of a pirate to me...
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 09:43:49 AM »

2.  Chill out, dude..."persistent annoying",  the GC is in trouble and needs help for it's survival...

The way I see it, the GC needs a revival. It's pretty dead right now.  1
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 04:35:17 PM »

2.  Chill out, dude..."persistent annoying",  the GC is in trouble and needs help for it's survival...

The way I see it, the GC needs a revival. It's pretty dead right now.  1

All the GC needs is what we call a 'ringer' and maybe to take in some new active corps. 16 That and for Dadds to be his corp's rep lol.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:36:50 PM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 06:10:42 PM »

Actually Sargas to me what I will be doing is more so the job of a janitor then a pirate.  Pirates rob people usually for profit.  I am simply just taking out the trash so to speak.  Also I would like to remind you that your corp and mine have a NAP. 
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 02:43:14 AM »

The way I see it, the GC needs a revival. It's pretty dead right now.
Are you applying for a position Raphael of [SSS]? ;)
Didnt think you cared......

First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 12:56:10 AM »

Actually Sargas to me what I will be doing is more so the job of a janitor then a pirate.  Pirates rob people usually for profit.  I am simply just taking out the trash so to speak.  Also I would like to remind you that your corp and mine have a NAP. 

Pirates attack for a number of reasons.  Profit, Notoriety, Revenge, etc, etc, etc...

...yes, there is an NAP between the Empire and the other Empire and it will be honored...

...and it makes me happy that you accepted the job of 'janitor'.  I have had some trash outside my house lately...

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 12:59:07 AM »

Pirates attack for a number of reasons.  Profit, Notoriety, Revenge, etc, etc, etc...

...yes, there is an NAP between the Empire and the other Empire and it will be honored...

...and it makes me happy that you accepted the job of 'janitor'.  I have had some trash outside my house lately...

I am afraid the local planetary janitors will have to handle that one Sargas.  I know not everyone is going to like what I am doing.  But hey if inactives can get cleared out that means actives can be more likely to move in.  Though it seems pointless these days to set anything up in Sol. lol
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: