Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 20, 2024, 10:28:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: In these troubled times  (Read 10833 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2014, 02:08:28 AM »

The Sargasian Empire requests (for the second time) admittance to the Galactic Council.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 02:37:24 AM »

NO. Clear enough vote by IMG is it?

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 03:22:03 AM »

Please don't yell at me.  I just asked this time because of JJ's departure.  You are only two now (which really screws up voting).  I am a signer of the original document, I feel a need to try to fix what we missed.

Or are you just afraid of my voice in council (I know that JJL was)?
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 03:30:24 AM »

Please don't yell at me.  I just asked this time because of JJ's departure.  You are only two now (which really screws up voting).  I am a signer of the original document, I feel a need to try to fix what we missed.

Since your bringing me into this let me say this.  When I was a part of the GC it wasn't that I was afraid of your voice.  Part of the problem was you would sometimes say stuff that could make a delicate situation turn bad.  Also speaking in like you did many of the times was against part of the GC charter anyways.

9. All corp members who are part of the GC may review GC meetings and discussions as long as they remain quiet. Discussions of GC business must be via the appointed Corp representative or Corp Leader. If a member wishes to discuss this matter they may contact their Corp Leader or representative about their thoughts privately and he or she can bring them to the table if they so choose.

So as you can see when you posted in on the discussions I didn't have much of a choice in the matter.  Every issue you had could have easily been taken to me and you know I would have looked over whatever you had to say and considered it.  Yes I am aware I am violating this part of the charter right here by even speaking here to you.  But I felt I needed to post this. 
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 04:24:01 AM »

Since your bringing me into this let me say this.  When I was a part of the GC it wasn't that I was afraid of your voice.  Part of the problem was you would sometimes say stuff that could make a delicate situation turn bad.  Also speaking in like you did many of the times was against part of the GC charter anyways.

9. All corp members who are part of the GC may review GC meetings and discussions as long as they remain quiet. Discussions of GC business must be via the appointed Corp representative or Corp Leader. If a member wishes to discuss this matter they may contact their Corp Leader or representative about their thoughts privately and he or she can bring them to the table if they so choose.

So as you can see when you posted in on the discussions I didn't have much of a choice in the matter.  Every issue you had could have easily been taken to me and you know I would have looked over whatever you had to say and considered it.  Yes I am aware I am violating this part of the charter right here by even speaking here to you.  But I felt I needed to post this. 

The 'charter' being violated is now a moot point, you are neither a member nor are you restricted by anything that is GC mandated.  Therefore, since you are the only moderator left on the GC child board, the Council itself seems to be a dead entity.

You need to tell Sir Emi that you are no longer qualified to be a mod and let him know who is active in the GC and needs the mod status.  And this needs to happen soon, say before April Fools Day...

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 09:38:36 AM »

You need to tell Sir Emi that you are no longer qualified to be a mod and let him know who is active in the GC and needs the mod status.  And this needs to happen soon, say before April Fools Day...

Definitely.  1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 06:16:13 PM »

The 'charter' being violated is now a moot point, you are neither a member nor are you restricted by anything that is GC mandated.  Therefore, since you are the only moderator left on the GC child board, the Council itself seems to be a dead entity.

I don't think it would do any good for me to message him.  I messaged him several time's about giving ITO's leader his status and he just ignored the messages.  As for me mentioning violations of the charter.  I was just explaining why it was that I had given you the gag order so many times.  If someone is going to talk crap about me the least I have to do is explain my actions.   
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 08:17:56 PM »

I don't think it would do any good for me to message him.  I messaged him several time's about giving ITO's leader his status and he just ignored the messages.

True, it's unlikely but still not enough reason not to do it. You have to inform him at least once.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 10:02:58 PM »

I don't think it would do any good for me to message him.  I messaged him several time's about giving ITO's leader his status and he just ignored the messages.

True, it's unlikely but still not enough reason not to do it. You have to inform him at least once.

Or another member of the GC could try messaging him if they want.  It is more so GC responsibility then my own now.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 02:38:35 AM »

The problem is the most active GC member does not have moderator powers here. Me messaging him asking for a moderator to be removed will be ignored for certain. A moderator, if he is resigning that position, needs to talk to HIS moderator to be removed. I can no sooner remove a moderator as i can re-create "THE BIG BANG"
I will accept the position that both you (JamJul) and my 2IC (Aysle) has vacated of late.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 02:40:32 AM »

The problem is the most active GC member does not have moderator powers here. Me messaging him asking for a moderator to be removed will be ignored for certain. A moderator, if he is resigning that position, needs to talk to HIS moderator to be removed. I can no sooner remove a moderator as i can re-create "THE BIG BANG"
I will accept the position that both you (JamJul) and my 2IC (Aysle) has vacated of late.

Since he seems to be ignoring all my messages as well it feels pointless to even try to message him now.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 06:33:51 PM »

You were able to contact him when you had my council powers removed,  I think you should be able to have him remove your as well.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 07:42:56 PM »

You were able to contact him when you had my council powers removed,  I think you should be able to have him remove your as well.

That took messaging him twice.  I messaged him multiple tiles to give JoolzVern his GC powers and all the messages I sent him were ignored.  So it seems he is ignoring most PMs so there is little point in me even trying. I honestly don't care if he removes them or not.  It isn't my responsibility anymore. It's the GC's.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 07:52:19 PM »

Then message him twice.  As the only remaining active mod, it is your responsibility.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 11:13:01 PM »

Well the previous time I tried to get ahold of him for something I sent him multiple messages and no response.  I don't see why this would be any different.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: