Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 05:36:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Closure of the GC  (Read 7474 times)
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2014, 07:32:43 PM »

Dadds "The closure of the GC

« on: Today at 04:02:06 AM »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By my authority, as senior and founding member of the Galactic Council, and only active council member left, do hereby close the final door on the council.
Its legacy will live on, but in reality its time was perhaps too soon to be implemented.
Of late, some criticism has been pointed at myself and my corp to the handling of the GC as well as the makeup of my own corporation. That in itself wouldnt bother me, but when it is openly posted; and from members of the alliance into the common forum threads, that infuriates me.
It would seem that my benevolence is seen as soft and weak, so IMG will take on a sterner front. We wont and dont need to change our name to do so. All pilots can now consider us their most poignant threat to existence in the universe. Lets see then who is weak and not a corporation.
I will now take my negotiation skills to the field of battle, and have them settled there.
Lock and Load, pilots!

Dadds, Commander-in-Chief [IMG], founding member of the Galactic Council"

As also a founding member of the GC I officially deny you the right to ask for the closure of the GC. The GC is not your property. ITO remains in it and other corps care for it like the Empire of Sargas.

Dadds: you want to quit the GC, no problem, do like JJL, leave it and let other people that beleive in it to take care of it.

Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 10:13:06 PM »

You know, I don't thin I could have said that any better than Mata.

Dadds, you do not have the authority ti disband the Council, that would take a 'super-majority' vote.  With ITO a member, you only represent one vote out of two (not only not a majority, but not even close to a super-majority).

You may leave the Council anytime you wish, but you do not have the authority to disband.

Are you leaving the GC, or is this just shock rhetoric?
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 03:38:20 PM »

As i see it, Matamure, currently of EOS, and Sargas,  leader of EOS formerly of [PMI], and JamJul-Lison, formally PMI, currently leader of TGE, are the quitters who walked away from their many accords.
You cannot deny me something that you have turned away from yourself with the argument, "I dont want it, but your not having it" You want to discuss childishness? Not sure how many of you here have children, but i can guarantee that sort of talk is not childish, but from spoilt children.
The fact is the GC is non functional because it cant vote a majority as it stands (and pointed out by the part time lawyer when it suits him, Sargas), unless both parties agree to it. Since ITO choose to collaborate with criminals, that vote will never happen. Add to it that a quitter in JamJul Lison had moderator power in the chambers when its own members didnt, and chose to do nothing about it, led me to step up as senior member and close it down until such time as it can again function. It is absolutely my right to do so and cant be denied by person(s) who no longer belong to the GC.
The only person with any ruling or relevance over this matter is the board owner, Sir Emi. All your combined blather is just that...a waste of "bit-space" on the ether.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 03:59:18 PM »

As i see it, Matamure, currently of EOS, and Sargas,  leader of EOS formerly of [PMI], and JamJul-Lison, formally PMI, currently leader of TGE, are the quitters who walked away from their many accords.  ...

Uh, Dadds?  Please explain to me how you see the dividing of PMI (into the separate corporations TGE , SIN, *, and EoS) can be considered 'quitting'.   The first thing the Sargasian Empire did was apply for membership in the council (and we all know how that went, don't we?).   After all, we do have two of the original signatories in our corp.

... (and pointed out by the part time lawyer when it suits him, Sargas)...

Be careful, this type of statement is getting dangerously close to being the same type of statement that offended you.  

(edit for the usual reasons)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:12:34 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 03:29:50 AM »

Uh, Dadds?  Please explain to me how you see the dividing of PMI (into the separate corporations TGE , SIN, *, and EoS) can be considered 'quitting'.   The first thing the Sargasian Empire did was apply for membership in the council (and we all know how that went, don't we?).   After all, we do have two of the original signatories in our corp.
and the second thing you did was form a NAP alliance with a GC declared outlaw.... I was all for EOS joining after the breach, except for two events. A nap signing with the enemy and the accusation of theft by a GC member. I facilitated that 2nd issue, though it was done out of friendships, rather than a GC concern. The only regard i got from that is constant demands over knowing the exact nature of the reprimands that was imposed on JamJul for his 1st breach of the charter. Batter the RAM all you like from there on in on my doors, you will be denied entry by your actions. i dont repay that sort of treatment with an open trust in people. Call me a bit old fashioned, maybe.

Be careful, this type of statement is getting dangerously close to being the same type of statement that offended you.
Well you always have two options available to you. Request a public apology for what you feel is harmful or untrue, or throw down the gauntlet for me to pick up and defend your name. Actually, that is all part of the same option. Toss your gauntlet where you may and demand satisfaction. I will gladly pick it up for you. State your terms, Sargas of EOS

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 05:33:33 AM »

As i see it, Matamure, currently of EOS, and Sargas,  leader of EOS formerly of [PMI], and JamJul-Lison, formally PMI, currently leader of TGE, are the quitters who walked away from their many accords.
You cannot deny me something that you have turned away from yourself with the argument, "I dont want it, but your not having it" You want to discuss childishness? Not sure how many of you here have children, but i can guarantee that sort of talk is not childish, but from spoilt children.
The fact is the GC is non functional because it cant vote a majority as it stands (and pointed out by the part time lawyer when it suits him, Sargas), unless both parties agree to it. Since ITO choose to collaborate with criminals, that vote will never happen. Add to it that a quitter in JamJul Lison had moderator power in the chambers when its own members didnt, and chose to do nothing about it, led me to step up as senior member and close it down until such time as it can again function. It is absolutely my right to do so and cant be denied by person(s) who no longer belong to the GC.
The only person with any ruling or relevance over this matter is the board owner, Sir Emi. All your combined blather is just that...a waste of "bit-space" on the ether.

There is no seniority.   ITO did not consort with some GC enemy.  All they did was agree with me on an opinion that you didn't like. ITO still remains a part of the GC whether you like it or not.  Further more there was no discussion on even possibly adding me to the outlaw list.  So how can he be consorting or agreeing with an enemy of the GC if there wasn't even an agreement or even a discussion on if I was an enemy? You pull out lame excuses to try to justify your war on TGE.  I undestand possible justifications for EoS since they have made deals with Raph.  But there is nothing to justify your actions against ITO.  You have no authority what so ever to close the GC.  For that matter neither does SirEmi. The most he can do is close that section of the board.  The GC was a sort of government created by the people for the people.  All he did was allow us a place to hold meetings and stuff.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 12:42:03 PM »

Uh, Dadds, your little rant seems to be lacking in at least one area, you didn't answer my question.

And Mr Emperor JamJulLison, I require tangible proof that 'the EoS  had any dealings with Rafe.
roup.  

After I left PMI and activated the Sargasian Empire, I applied for membership in the council (I applied as the EoS because I was no longer under the protection of the group.  Since I received so much flak over it (get more members and wait a month) and was no longer bound by GC regulations, I did what I could to protect myself from who was felt the big baddie.  Hence the NAP.  That was the ONLY dealings I had with Rafe.

Well you always have two options available to you. Request a public apology for what you feel is harmful or untrue, or throw down the gauntlet for me to pick up and defend your name. Actually, that is all part of the same option. Toss your gauntlet where you may and demand satisfaction. I will gladly pick it up for you. State your terms, Sargas of EOS

Thank you I didn't realize it would be so easy.
Please extend an apology  for your unfounded accusations regarding my 'dealings' with Rafe.  (or validate your opinion)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:45:41 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »

In Dadds' mind, agreeing to a cease-fire means you do whatever they say. So if you sign a NAP with raph he thinks it's an alliance, and if you sign one with him, he thinks you're his lackey.

Even if you can get him to acknowledge that this is absurd, he will make up some other unfounded conspiracy theory as he has accusing ITO of having dealings with outlaws. He will provide no proof; expecting the burden of proof to be on you, the accused. When asked to 'put up or shut up' he won't provide evidence, but rather assert that something like your NAP for example is evidence of this even when it's evidence only of a cease-fire.

No use expecting him to listen to reason, logic, or to pull his head out of a paranoid fantasy where everyone's out to get him.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 04:56:17 PM »

I'm starting to believe that he cannot be rerasoned with.

(oh crap, I just added another plank to fuel his paranoia.)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 11:49:36 PM »

And Mr Emperor JamJulLison, I require tangible proof that 'the EoS  had any dealings with Rafe.
roup. 

When you formed EoS you agreed to a NAP with Raph. That right there is dealings with raph.  But that is the past now.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 01:42:54 AM »

the NAP with Rafe was issued after the requirements were placed upon the EoS for admission.  After all, you and Dadds both gave me the impression that it would be rubber-stamped.  You both gave your support and only after the 'more members/more time' restrictions were imposed (before Mata joined),  I just did what I did to protect the Empire while waiting for the GC's approval.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 03:08:50 AM »

the NAP with Rafe was issued after the requirements were placed upon the EoS for admission.  After all, you and Dadds both gave me the impression that it would be rubber-stamped.  You both gave your support and only after the 'more members/more time' restrictions were imposed (before Mata joined),  I just did what I did to protect the Empire while waiting for the GC's approval.

The thing is by doing that you forced us to really rethink your membership request. It was a mistake on your part but things happen.  It is the past really.  Now we need to focus on the present.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 06:27:18 AM »

After I left PMI and activated the Sargasian Empire, I applied for membership in the council (I applied as the EoS because I was no longer under the protection of the group.  Since I received so much flak over it (get more members and wait a month) and was no longer bound by GC regulations, I did what I could to protect myself from who was felt the big baddie.  Hence the NAP.  That was the ONLY dealings I had with Rafe.
I apologize for calling you a part-time lawyer, i should have said unemployed or retired lawyer. That is the only apology you will get from me Sargas.
I quote this comment as an example only, but it seems you all have issues with the timeline of events. Its ok, it happens to all of us at times, old or not.
See we know for a fact that BEFORE you even left PMI as it was known, you already were given a NAP by Raphael of SSS in the dealings at Jupiter and its moons. So "the big baddy" wasnt a threat to you, Sargas of EOS, when you branched out to form your own passive (and noisy) corp.
You also knew that the GC considered Raphael an outlaw while you were applying for status with the GC but chose to openly post a current NAP with his corp for all to review and form opinion. Add that to the comments of Raphael with regard to you re-entering the GC, for which he seemed to want to happen even though raphael has already decided the GC not to be in his interests. Then add the tip off about my science planet, and when i followed the WHD log to the location the reporting ship went to, it led straight to a neighbour system with your modules in it.
If anything, with your outspoken comments and my suspicions based on all this constant, past and present, i have more reason to go to war against you than anyone else in the game, and yet i havent.
Is this the gauntlet you are throwing down Sargas that you would like me to pick up and give you satisfaction in the field?

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: