Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 28, 2024, 01:00:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: new tech  (Read 6901 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:51:30 PM »

I would like to research the NPC pirate 'Interdiction' device that is used in hijackings.

I think it should work in conjunction with the Wormhole Detection Modules and reveal what ship is being tracked and have the option to interdict the ship.
Report to moderator   Logged
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:50:20 AM »

Only if your ship get hijacked. So how will this tracking be deployed?
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:09:11 AM »

If your ship is hijacked, you would see a report (under the left hand menu - ships),  you will see your ship as captured (but not who captured it); if you are the hijacker, you will see the captured ship as a 'PRIZE'.   If your ship is captured, it still counts as one of your licensed hulls (you cannot replace it with another ship until  the hull is sold or ransomed by the hijacker).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:11:42 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 01:30:53 AM »

The thing is though that it is is not possible to hijack someone elses ship. It is not possible for an NPC to hijack a players ship. Only ones getting hijacked are NPCs and that is just for those one COM missions.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 01:31:42 AM »

I not able see my ship get  hijacked by npc pirates but in a fight with someone I may able over take there ship and held it for ransom.  Now you can track me to retake the ship. I see that.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 01:35:34 AM »

If your ship is hijacked, you would see a report (under the left hand menu - ships),  you will see your ship as captured (but not who captured it); if you are the hijacker, you will see the captured ship as a 'PRIZE'.   If your ship is captured, it still counts as one of your licensed hulls (you cannot replace it with another ship until  the hull is sold or ransomed by the hijacker).

Interesting, but it seems to be too powerful of a module for me. Maybe just a device that prevents the targeted ship from traveling is enough (FTL and WHG are disabled), and the duration depends on the mk of the module. 1
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 01:40:16 AM »

LOL I sorry raphael that will be too easy to find you. Dadds will just let you hijack all his fleets.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 02:02:04 AM »

thank you Rafe, for your input on this.  I see (and understand) your opinion that it too powerful without restrictions.

I am thinking that it should not be made available for purchase by anyone.  Instead, let it be made available in nest missions (but with a lower probability than the EMJO or CRE modules).

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 09:45:17 AM »

I agree 100% with Ralph comments. Thx Ralph.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 10:53:20 AM »

Interesting, but it seems to be too powerful of a module for me. Maybe just a device that prevents the targeted ship from traveling is enough (FTL and WHG are disabled), and the duration depends on the mk of the module. 1

How about a tractor beam?  I have been wanting something like this for a while.  Perhaps how effective the tractor beam is depends on the combat drives of the other ship.  So a ship with more powerful engines can break free.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 08:45:02 PM »

Instead, let it be made available in nest missions (but with a lower probability than the EMJO or CRE modules).

How about a tractor beam?  I have been wanting something like this for a while.  Perhaps how effective the tractor beam is depends on the combat drives of the other ship.  So a ship with more powerful engines can break free.

Yes, whether its called an interdiction device or tractor beam, a module that restricts enemy movement would be nice. As quoted, let it be acquired only through nests, and one can break free depending on the combat drives. SirEmi's idea of adding critical hit chance to combat drives also adds to the drives usefulness.. yes, i know that's in another thread. LOL
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 11:09:50 PM »

using the 'tractor beam' for towing a ship should add more fuel costs (say 2x).

or you could hold it place and hit it again and again and again...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 11:23:11 PM »

I was thinking for holding it in place to prevent it from jumping from the counter. Once the attack goes through though if their ship wasn't auto jumped then they would be able to jump away.  This would be very useful in war situations.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: