Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 01:15:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Combat revamp project completed  (Read 16594 times)
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 10:05:59 AM »

Sir Emi: "Ship speed affecting critical / hits is approved though, and will be implemented whenever we work out the details and after gathering some data from reports with the new combat system."

Have you implemented it? In my last battle, I had all excellent hits with my Vipers. My ship has an high speed!!!!

Also I have a question: does marines can do critical hits? I do not see in the report the "quality" of the marines hit.
Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 10:22:44 AM »

Sir Emi: "Ship speed affecting critical / hits is approved though, and will be implemented whenever we work out the details and after gathering some data from reports with the new combat system."

Have you implemented it? In my last battle, I had all excellent hits with my Vipers. My ship has an high speed!!!!

Also I have a question: does marines can do critical hits? I do not see in the report the "quality" of the marines hit.

It's still in development, it will be included in another project.

JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 12:42:06 PM »

I too really like the the new module disable feature, but I would suggest an 'enable all' button for a future update.

I think SirEmi did an excellent job getting all this done in like 12 days.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 07:27:15 PM »

What was missed out was the ability to set a hangared ship as active or passive so that if a fleet carrier is attacked, its support ships would deploy to counter the attack. Been waiting for that revamp since the invent of the hangar module.
I guess its going to cost more QP to get yet another promised update fixed. sigh.
I am yet to test out this new combat system PvP so time will tell how it will hold up under stress test. Any volunteers?

Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 03:24:33 AM »

OK one thing that i do notice with the fatigued marines is: Why must the most fatigued marine module (ie the 1st one in line) always go out first? Surely you would send out your strongest and fittest team first, as is with all weapons. I just completed a lengthy nest mission which saw one of my marine modules go out to 100% fatigue, and another to 80% fatigue, but i have a dozen or so marine modules never used. What this means is: you could effectively send 5 dud marine boarders out and do no damage, giving the other opponent 5 strikes against you for no loss using their marines while your top crew are drinking beer at the bar waiting to be called upon.
As it would be for an empty marine module, which would normally go last, so should a fatigued module, particularly one that is at 100% fatigue and will do nil damage to an opponent.
Is this "tweak-able" Sir Emi, to make the highest marine module board first? Was it by design? As it stands i see it as an interesting tactic to use/remember when targeting marine/shield ships that are out there in current circulation. Tweaking it would quite possibly see me at a disadvantage vs purely boarding vessel configurations, but I still have to ask the question.

P.S. <addendum> I do like how I dont have to pull my miners up now before entering a combat round, providing i have enough firepower to get the initial job done of course. Good Job on that, Sir Emi!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:51:45 AM by Dadds » Report to moderator   Logged

Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 08:58:46 AM »

Regarding the marines order in battle with fatigue. To make it work properly, we'll have to add a "tweak" that will reorder all marine troops after each 1 on 1 fight.
As it is now, the marines are ordered by most powerful unit first, but they are not re-ordered after each 1on1 round, so they keep the same order and the first unit will eventually become very fatigued as pointed out.

I guess we'll do it like the romans. Measure the power with fatigue and rotate the units to have most powerful in front all the time, while taking fatigue into account.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:05:55 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

sauron
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 09:05:43 AM »

It does sound more reasonable to alternate those troops and send some fresh meet on the field of honor...
But I should not even count the power with fatigue to decide who comes first.
Just take the units with less fatigue and most power
(In IT terms, order on fatigue ascending, power descending)
Otherwise lesser powerfull units will never hit the combat. And they do need training no ?  1
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 09:12:11 AM »

It's something like this: A: 1000, B: 800, C: 700 power marine assault units

A:1000 power w/ 10% fatigue = 900 => A (900), B (800), C (700)
A:1000 power w/ 20% fatigue = 800 => A (800) or B (800), C (700)
A:1000 power w/ 30% fatigue = 700 => B (800), A (700) or C (700)
B:800 power w/ 10% fatigue = 720 => B (720), A (700) or C (700)
B:800 power w/ 20% fatigue = 640 => A (700) or C (700), B (640)
C:700 next...

Because sometime you have a Mk XX module and Mk I module on the same ship, and you don't want to send the Mk I until the Mk XX has fatigued enough...

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:15:06 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

sauron
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 10:34:40 AM »

Sounds ok for me, except the 'or' part. Will it be highest module first on equal power? Or random?
S.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 11:33:11 AM »

It's something like this: A: 1000, B: 800, C: 700 power marine assault units

A:1000 power w/ 10% fatigue = 900 => A (900), B (800), C (700)
A:1000 power w/ 20% fatigue = 800 => A (800) or B (800), C (700)
A:1000 power w/ 30% fatigue = 700 => B (800), A (700) or C (700)
B:800 power w/ 10% fatigue = 720 => B (720), A (700) or C (700)
B:800 power w/ 20% fatigue = 640 => A (700) or C (700), B (640)
C:700 next...

Because sometime you have a Mk XX module and Mk I module on the same ship, and you don't want to send the Mk I until the Mk XX has fatigued enough...

Thanks for clarifying and tweaking it, SirEmi. 1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 06:26:08 PM »

For the most part I like the update.  I do have one complaint.  The Power Armored Marines themselves. Many newer player aren't likely to be able to afford to get these right away and older experienced players who can afford the QP for them find themselves in a position where they are just not that useful. I doubt I am the only one who's marines already easily outclasses these low MK Power Armored Marines.  I was hoping perhaps we might be able to research these but that isn't the case. It really isn't worth dropping a bunch of QP just to try to get a high MK one.
Gronk
Private

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 06:46:15 PM »

"Why must the most fatigued marine module (ie the 1st one in line) always go out first? Surely you would send out your strongest and fittest team first, as is with all weapons."

Finally someone else is saying something about this.

Only General Pickett ( google pickett's charge, if you're not familiar with him), would employ this tactic... even he saw the error of his ways, eventually; not before most of his men were dead, loosing the battle, a major factor in loosing that campaign, and the turning point of the war... other then that, the strategy worked ok "cough". wounded1

Game developer is always saying he wants to emulate real world as much as possible, this in no way emulates real world. If you have a dozen or two MAU's why would you not rotate them, instead of shooting the 1st units lifeless bodies out the torpedo tubes when they reach 100% level of fatique
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 07:10:47 PM »

Good points on fatigue. As with any new stuff there will be issues like this to work out, but I'm sure SirEmi will fix that in due time.

I've also been alerted to the idea of being attacked when your modules are disabled, and you are thus a sitting duck(especially if you aren't online).

So I would also like to propose an "all hands on deck"/standby setting, that will enable all modules if a new ship enters the battle field.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 08:07:51 PM »

So I would also like to propose an "all hands on deck"/standby setting, that will enable all modules if a new ship enters the battle field.

That idea automates the settings too much, IMO. Another player could very well propose a setting that will disable weapons and shields that are not needed in the battlefield, even when offline.

What we probably need is a button that enables all disabled modules. 1
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:15:02 PM by raphael » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 08:30:39 PM »

That idea automates the settings too much, IMO. Another player could very well propose a setting that will disable weapons and shields that are not needed in the battlefield, even when offline.

What we probably need is a button that enables all disabled modules. 1

I agree with this.
The 'all-hands-on deck' is redundant, just take the time to engage the disengaged as needed.

The button to enable all should include 'disable all' as well and I see it as a good tool to have available.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: