Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 10:39:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hangars revamp  (Read 9527 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: April 23, 2014, 04:09:42 PM »

PROJECT: Hangars revamp, ??? QP min, ?? days
    - In "Comms->Ships", mark a ship to auto-deploy from hangar bay and join the fight if the Mothership holding it is attacked.
    - Combat missions will also count the power of the active ship's hangar bay ships when determining the mission difficulty.

- ???

Have any ideas? Suggest...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:16:30 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:16:41 PM »

This seems like a natural progression for the hangar bays.

I'm not sure I'd personally prioritise it over some of the other projects, but I think it should definitely be brought in down the road 1
Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 05:55:15 PM »

Would the ability to auto-transfer cargo when a ship docks in a hanger be something that people would want?

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 11:28:24 PM »

That could be useful. I want a tractor beam and a hangar big enough to steal a ship lol.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 10:37:09 PM »

I feel the 'tractor beam' needs to be a separate pledge.

All y'all seem to have a different view on how it should work.

and as far as hanger size is concerned, it's the same as everything else, research higher levels...

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:40:20 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:23:59 PM »

i would be curious on how the attack counter works with such an attack on a carrier fleet with modules inside. Would it be immediately known to the attacker that there were extra ships being deployed, or would they find out at the conclusion of the counter. If the latter, would the counter then extend to the length required for those added combat units?
The other thought is when you do a scan on a ship on its power, will it then include the power of the ships held inside her hangar bays?

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »

i would be curious on how the attack counter works with such an attack on a carrier fleet with modules inside. Would it be immediately known to the attacker that there were extra ships being deployed, or would they find out at the conclusion of the counter. If the latter, would the counter then extend to the length required for those added combat units?  the total power of the carrier and her carried is only used to set the difficulty of COM missions.  With any other type of situation, just the carriers power is shown.
The other thought is when you do a scan on a ship on its power, will it then include the power of the ships held inside her hangar bays?  Good question.  I think no, you might just know that there are ships being carried (at this time).  When the update for the WHD comes in, you should be able to see which ship is in the hanger and you can then scan it.

I also think that a ship should only be able to scan 1 ship at a time (especially if QP can be used to speed it up).

(edit - spelling)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:22:17 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 09:31:01 PM »

You need to scan all ships present to being able to prepare corectly an attack. You should have the list of the ships present (docked or not) and be able to scan one after the other (1 hour each for the scan)
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 10:13:30 PM »

Hangar bays are the same as cargo bays.  They are in the same category on the science tree.  You can't scan the contents of cargo bays and you should not be able to scan hangar bays.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 10:26:34 PM »

Hangar bays are the same as cargo bays.  They are in the same category on the science tree.  You can't scan the contents of cargo bays and you should not be able to scan hangar bays.

You know it would be interesting if you could scan both.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 10:29:06 PM »

I feel like scanning upgrades and the whole WHD nonsense in the other thread could be included in an "Espionage/Surveillance" package.

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 10:39:29 PM »

I feel like scanning upgrades and the whole WHD nonsense in the other thread could be included in an "Espionage/Surveillance" package.

That sounds good.  In that case in that there should also be probes that allow us to scan other systems nearby.  This is an idea I suggested quite a while back.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: