Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 01:18:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mineral/Gas deposits regeneration completed!  (Read 18380 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: April 28, 2014, 06:25:53 PM »

Project details:

- Planets / moons / belts have different different max deposits depending on size, terrain type
- New mineral and gas deposits are found in a natural way with a small chance for each open deposit slot, up to the max deposits number the astral body can support

There are two new modules that you ca use:

- Deep core drilling probe / Adv Atmospheric probe
    -> Deployed on planets and accessed with the "Command" from Surface view or via station remote connection, it will show hidden prospecting information
    -> The module also improves the chance of new deposits being found. Deep core drilling probe will only work on mineral deposits, while Adv Atmospheric probe will work on gas deposits
    -> Only the highest prospecting bonus will be used to determine if new deposits are found.
    -> These modules can be upgraded using Reverse Engineering. There is no limit to the boost it can provide.

If you pledged for this project and wish to deliver your pledges, or if you want to acquire these modules, please go to Pledge->Completed or Your Pledges and click on the project.

As always, the new module QP price will double one week from now. This will not affect pledges previously made.

New mining mission: "Mining expedition"
- A new mission will appear for miners that are willing to venture into unexplored areas beyond Quadrants -1,-1 to 1,1 and into deep space. The mission is an SoS signal, and it will take you on a hunt for a legendary deposit in a far away place. A ship with bonus to navigation / scout ship is highly recommended to locate the deposit. More details might spoil the fun 1

Other:

- A mining expedition mission might be added later, to be accepted in SOL bulletin board / Interstellar missions.
    -> This will usually take you far away into unexplored space to find treasure
    -> Only one of these SOL missions can be taken at one time
    -> It will work similar to "Mining expedition", just that the prospectors will board on Earth

Have fun and fly safe!

Sir Emi
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:56:44 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 07:03:07 PM »

Best targets for these new modules seem to be Gas giants and Asteroid fields... though those can be hard to defend too, as you can't deploy so many defenses you have to rely on ships / stations.

The more deposits the planet / moon / belt can hold, the better the modules work.
Report to moderator   Logged

lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 07:04:51 PM »

Do the mining expedition mission only work by SOS signal in -1,-1 to 1,1 or out in deep space too?  confused
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 07:26:44 PM »

Do the mining expedition mission only work by SOS signal in -1,-1 to 1,1 or out in deep space too?  confused

Search for it in deep space beyond the borders of explored space (-1,-1 to 1,1) 1

lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 09:55:50 PM »

I going to search now.  wow
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 11:18:08 AM »

How long take level 1 probe  to find mineral?
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 03:11:58 PM »

How long take level 1 probe  to find mineral?

The probe will boost the natural regeneration rate of the planets. For each possible empty deposit there is a change something else might be found.
That's when the probe comes in to boost the chance of finding either mineral or gas deposits each day. The most noticeable effects would be if a probe is left on either a gas giant or an asteroid belt with no resources, and let it run for 1-2 weeks.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 04:08:18 PM »

The "Mining expedition" mission is meant to be more rare then the other SoS signals.

Increased the frequency of this event and will adjust it if necessary.

It should show up as a normal SoS signal, but it's a more rare and difficult endeavor...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:11:04 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Gronk
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 06:18:29 PM »

If you doubled/tripled the rate, it must still be quite rare... I've had a small fleet scouring the map since the release, and have yet to encounter this new mission.

Additionally on all of the new module types, shouldn't these be added to the module drop list on com missions, albiet with less frequency then the current unknown module list??
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 01:43:42 AM »

If you doubled/tripled the rate, it must still be quite rare... I've had a small fleet scouring the map since the release, and have yet to encounter this new mission.

Additionally on all of the new module types, shouldn't these be added to the module drop list on com missions, albiet with less frequency then the current unknown module list??

What Gronk said.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 08:47:42 AM »

I think I will just stick to doing COMs.  It seems a better way to make money.
sauron
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 09:08:22 AM »

just found my first mining mission.
so there are some around...
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 11:34:31 AM »

I also got my first one yesterday after looking for more than a day with an optimize scout. Very rare inded, I had the time to take 15-20 escape pods at the same time and many fuel and medical. In fact I had decided to quit searching, it was my last SOS in my head. lol

Mine is worth more than 13 millions.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:39:44 AM by Matamaure001 » Report to moderator   Logged
Gronk
Private

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 06:47:12 PM »

Was finding them over the weekend, so the latest update seems to have worked, however you'll spend a good deal of time finding your deposit; it's something at least, but compared to com, and even SoS still leaves a lot to be desired, but better then leaving burned out husks of worlds everywhere.

It's better then the previous released "core drilling probes", said to give 20% increase of change to find new mineral deposits. curious statement as before these there was zero chance to find a new deposit... it doesn't say over what time period that 20% is, had one planted for a week, and didn't do anything, doesn't seem to be per hour or day, interested to know what time period that 20% is for... real waste of QP there so far.

Don't see the wormhole project listed yet, hopefully this, at least, is going to expand the playing field way past the current 4x4 area, the current size of the top 5, or 10 players, at thier current growth rate, it will get extremely crowed, as if it's not already.

Also will just keep asking this question, until we're supplied an answer: on all of the new module types, shouldn't these be added to the module drop list on com missions, albiet with less frequency then the current unknown module list??
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 09:59:06 PM »

I don't have one but it sounds like that 20% increase isn't relative- meaning you start with zero and have 20% at mk1 but I don't know. I also think maybe you have to use the probe (presumably similar to the way you unload resources from a mine).

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: