Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 26, 2024, 06:16:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mining expedition  (Read 23507 times)
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 04:44:02 PM »

Thank for the information.  I go back to com work.
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 04:48:18 PM »

Lol. Man this suck, I need to mine it. To much trouble for the little profit and time spend to mine.

This is what it said when my guy started doing one.

We've measured the deposit at 57849 m3 of Chlorine, for an estimated value of $9,255,792 solars!

He sent it to me. One of my other guys gave him the mission. lol.  Payout looks nice. though it prob means you need good mines/harvesters which aren't cheap lol. COMs to me are looking better and better.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 04:50:36 PM »

Same with my but low on value at 4,000,000. And it even diamond. Lol
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 05:14:21 PM »

Yes you'll need good mines/harvesters and to really mine it like crazy to get those resources in the time it takes to earn them through COMs.

I'm thinking of investing in mines etc. and checking these out, but I think I'll only bother mining the stuff it's a material we really need. I mean I don't need some of this stuff and can't mine it fast enough for it to be more profitable than a COM, but if I can use it for upgrades it might be more worthwhile than doing a com to pay for it as it can then pay for something else.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 05:27:45 PM »

Then you also might run into situations where another player is set up all over the planet and you have to remove their stuff to get to it.  I wonder if in that case some might accuse people of piracy lol
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 06:56:29 PM »

some people might see it that way.  lol
JoolzVern
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 10:02:04 PM »

Yes but with much of the galaxy mined out we may find some worlds with nothing on it and no resources that now will have $15mil of something useful.

johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 12:12:00 AM »

It seems like Sir Emi wanted these to prototype the search based missions.  I'm looking forward to scientists saying they've found artifacts from an advanced alien civilisation, or scientists searching for wormholes.  also maybe a geologist who's found a small cache of a mineral that's worth 10,000 per metre.

It should be interesting if we get some different missions that follow this scaffold.  Although even this mission gives people an incentive to take their ships out of the safe zones, and a reason to buy stations; which is surely a good thing.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 12:42:09 PM »

The search base missions take so long to do. should be reward you as you find your target.  Not have to mine for it.
JoolzVern
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 06:16:23 PM »

The search base missions take so long to do. should be reward you as you find your target.  Not have to mine for it.

laugh

It seems like Sir Emi wanted these to prototype the search based missions.  I'm looking forward to scientists saying they've found artifacts from an advanced alien civilisation, or scientists searching for wormholes...It should be interesting if we get some different missions that follow this scaffold....

I would like to see something like that as well and I suspect that's what the 'mysterious encounters' etc. will be like and these new modules will be rewards in them like the crematoriums etc. from nest missions.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2014, 10:24:50 AM »

It seems like Sir Emi wanted these to prototype the search based missions.  I'm looking forward to scientists saying they've found artifacts from an advanced alien civilisation, or scientists searching for wormholes.  also maybe a geologist who's found a small cache of a mineral that's worth 10,000 per metre.

It should be interesting if we get some different missions that follow this scaffold.  Although even this mission gives people an incentive to take their ships out of the safe zones, and a reason to buy stations; which is surely a good thing.

Yes, all those are now possible scenarios... also we wanted to introduce a certain degree of luck in the mix... that's why sometimes it takes longer for the search (Barren is common), sometimes less...

For the record, if you think this mission is offering to low you shouldn't always take it. The thing is a mini lottery and the ticket will be worth from a few mil to 100+ mil. If you want to maximize profit, you could make a specialized scout to search for the big ones 1

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2014, 02:05:43 PM »

Sir Emi: When you came with this new mission, I already had an optimized scout to search for this new mission. After a day I found one worth 13+mil. I sent it a ship with 10 Atmospheric harvester Mk CD, it took me a day to found the deposit (I did not read the instructions correctly lol). Since that time I have been mining and protecting the deposit. It is a very long process, I now have 21 Atmospheric harvester Mk CD on the planet. I will not look for those missions in the future, they do not pay enough compare to COM attack mission.

Recommandation: have a button on the surface control to "unload all", going manually one by one to unload is a pain.

I was thinking those missions would be good for our small captains because the reward is random, they could be lucky. But they do not have the tech level to mine those effectively.
JoolzVern
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2014, 07:30:22 PM »

...I was thinking those missions would be good for our small captains because the reward is random, they could be lucky. But they do not have the tech level to mine those effectively.

Yeah it's not just the total worth of the deposit, but also the speed that it can be mined(with what we have) relative to what we can earn from other missions.

Even if it's worth $100mil, the time and effort it would take for us to get all of it means we would make less than if we invested that time and resources into COMs or something. But perhaps those with enough of the new modules or high mk tech can mine it out more rapidly where it's more worth it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:32:53 PM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2014, 11:59:09 PM »

At the moment the missions aren't worth it because there's not enough certain/quick reward.

What if the prospectors jumped on your ship for free, and promised you a bounty it you get them to the deposit?

So there's a 100,000,000 deposit out there, and they promise to pay 5% of the deposit (for example) up front when you get there.  Then if you want to, you can stake your claim to the deposit as well.

This would allow the rookie captains the boost that matamure was referring to, and would give more established captains a reason to do these missions, since there's reward even without mining the deposit.  Both would help fill up the universe with resources so that mining becomes more feasible/widespread.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »

This mining mission can't really be compared to the combat missions. The investment in specialized modules for combat ships is much more then the investment needed for dedicated mining ships.

The mining expedition is meant for mining ships. In time it will balance out as mining gets more profitable when it combines with searching for artefacts etc. while combat gets more difficult as pirate ship designs get more upgrades, illegal modules and maybe even pirate ship optimizations. The aliens will be even tougher...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: