Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 05:05:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Galactic Empire  (Read 22645 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2014, 01:23:22 AM »

Hello. I figured It was about time to create a new stance post for The Galactic Empire.  First off I will explain our corp history a little. I know a lot of people already know it but some newer players might not.

History

The Galactic Empire was originally called Pirating & Mining Inc. Originally we were from 3 separate alliances. One lead by Scion, One lead by Wolfdoc and one lead by Kerbos. The idea to combine mining and pirating into one corp was my idea.  I got to thinking the two could do well together rather then just focusing on one.  After talking it over with Wolfdoc we talked to Kerbos and Scion about a merger. I was a member of Scion's corp at the time. After much convincing we all agreed to Merge. Scion was only interested in Pirating so it was decided the Corp Co-Leaders would be Wolfdoc and myself. Scion was put in charge of the Pirating Division. Kerbos became our Mining Leader.  Unfortunately things wouldn't last. Tension grew between Scion and the rest of us. Then the first war with IMG broke out. Scion decided to leave us and offered to sell information to IMG on us. Whether or not they actually accepted it I am not completely sure.  I took over the duties Scion had on top of my other duties as Co-Leader. Kerbos ended up vanishing on us and we had to find a new mining leader. I then nominated Sargas and he accepted. Then Wolfdoc ended up vanishing and I became full leader of PMI.  Eventually I put Matamaure in charge of our Navy and after a while the war with IMG ended and we signed a NAP with them. Then later on down the road we helped to form The Galactic Council.  But over time things changed. More people went inactive, new members joined. After a while Sargas decided to go out on his own and several people including Matamaure went with him. A few others left to try their luck on their own as well. With our mining leader gone I felt that the corp needed a change in direction. Piracy had long since become not very profitable and mining was pretty much a dead end at that point. So I decided a Navy direction is what we needed. After voting on a new name we became The Galactic Empire. A short while after that I grew tired of the Galactic Council never seeming to ever actually get anything done. Members weren't always active within the council and I felt it was time that we break away from it.  So we did.

Current Stance

As it stands now, our main focus is on our Navy and creating more COM ships. We are peaceful for the most part. I don't prohibit pirating or mining. But I don't encourage doing either of those things. As it stands now we have a NAP with both EoS and ITO. We are also unfortunately at war with IMG again. Though not much as really happened in it. Most of my people are just going about our own business of doing COMs and working to grow stronger rather then worrying about finding IMG bases. As always we are recruiting and looking to help out other players and corps who need help.
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 02:17:20 AM »

Thank you for defining your stance.

Your History of TGE is spot on.  That is what happened, and is also how it happened.

The Sargasian Empire approves of your existence...

...lol...

...giggle...

... ... ... ...

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 02:16:11 AM »

Thanks for the backstory!  1 I feel like every corp should post a thread with an updated backstory every once in a while. It's pretty confusing being relatively new and not knowing anything about the big-time corps. Haha

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 02:28:34 AM »

Thanks for the backstory!  1 I feel like every corp should post a thread with an updated backstory every once in a while. It's pretty confusing being relatively new and not knowing anything about the big-time corps. Haha

I agree. Not every corp has a long history though. But I am proud of ours. We have come a long way and in many ways are very different now. In other ways though we are much the same. For instance I don't usually order my people around unless it is really needed. lol.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 05:26:09 PM »

Nice post as a timeline Jamjul. Doesnt explain why there are wars between corps though. Or why others defect from you. Steal from your corp. Betray you. That could make a good book seller lol
@Rostin: if i was to post IMG history, it would explain much as to why we are at war with your corp SSS
I for one cant be bothered telling you all about how it all started. There are plenty more people out there who have their version of the truth. Believe what you all wish to believe.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 09:44:44 AM »

I was simply giving a good summery of the events to help catch people up. Anyone can read on the forum what started our first war.  That giant thread is still there.  As for our current war. There was no good reason for you to start it. I gave my opinion at the time on what was the current state of all the top corps. Rather then explain why I was wrong you simply just took offense and tries to muscle me into retracting what I said.  When ITO's leader posted they could see how I things with ITO looked that way to me, you decided to just declare war on them as well. They are a peaceful corp as well. Never did anything to start crap.  As for why my people have left me.  To be honest part of the reason in the past I think was cause of you.  When we were in the GC, I often took your side. I even convinced my people to help see things more your way.  For example some didn't want to declare Raph and outlaw. I helped to convince them. Even after I left the GC I continued to support your actions against him.  I haven't really lost any members since you declared war except for a few people who seem to have just up and quit the game.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 11:10:14 PM »

As for our current war. There was no good reason for you to start it. I gave my opinion at the time on what was the current state of all the top corps. Rather then explain why I was wrong you simply just took offense and tries to muscle me into retracting what I said.  When ITO's leader posted they could see how I things with ITO looked that way to me, you decided to just declare war on them as well. They are a peaceful corp as well. Never did anything to start crap.

Those are typical actions of a has-been. Since he is powerless against people like me, he is looking for trouble in weaker corps. Newbies beware! LOL
kvala
Private

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 02:00:23 AM »

We still don't have a national anthem and a flag  19
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 01:06:50 PM »

We still don't have a national anthem and a flag  19

Sure we do. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

Those are typical actions of a has-been. Since he is powerless against people like me, he is looking for trouble in weaker corps. Newbies beware! LOL

The thing is sometimes there are those who will shoot up and pass up other players. It happens in games. As more experienced players it is our jobs to help try to educate some of the smaller members.  To help them grow into better players.  I know I can be an a-hole sometimes in the game. But I also try to be helpful.  I also don't declare wars over matters of opinions and stuff.  The closest we ever came to something like that was our first war with IMG. One of their people just prior to joining had gotten hit some by me and a few of my other people. None of us even knew we had hit the guy.  He thought we were out to get him.  He got mad and started running his mouth to me.  He also declared war on me and my corp.  When IMG was formed and he joined them, I posted on the forums on an IMG thread letting Dadds and  aysle know what the situation was with the guy.  I wasn't going to treat it as an actual war.  I was just going to hit the guy whenever I happen to run across him.  After all he was the one who had declared war on us.  Of course neither of them took this well and immediately was prepared to defend the guy.  After a while my guys started to give their input and everyone began to get really worked up. When I saw there was no avoiding that first war I decided we should declare war.   So we did.   The war itself proved to be pointless and boring.  Neither side could really find one another.  So I decided to begin peace talks after a while.  Dadds wasn't fond of that idea but his number 2  aysle was reasonable. We eventually managed to work out a NAP.  Then later on we worked to form the GC.   I could see how that entire situation had looked to Dadds. But all I had been wanting initially was an apology and for his guy to retract his declaration of war on us.  Just before war broke out I would have been just happy if he had retracted his declaration of war. But it didn't happen.  I even offered to keep it a 1 on 1 thing.  They acted like I was the bad guy when it was their own guy before he joined them who declared war on us.

During the time of the GC there were occasions when Dadds wanted to go off and just destroy people.  I talked him out of doing that to Sargas actually after he formed EoS.  He wanted to wipe out all the stuff belonging to NHC as well.  This was when they were still a part of the GC.  From the beginning Dadds has seemed prone to violence. Despite how peaceful he claims to be, he seems to enjoy conflict. This was something both my corp and NHC saw early on and it was one of the reasons we even agreed to the formation of the GC.  We realized it could be used to keep IMG in check.  Which it did. However when I saw the GC wasn't really doing anything else other then that, I began to lose my faith in the GC and it's ability to help others.  Of course a short time later after leaving the GC, we see Dadds now free from his leash going after people left and right.  Even those in ITO who were his allies.   I had even fooled myself into believing he could be a friend and could be respected.  I ment no disrespect when I said what I said about his corp. It was my honest opinion at the time. He knows me well enough to know by now how bluntly honest I can be.  Of course he saw it as a perfect chance to come after us finally. I calmly tried to talk him down.  ITO even gave their input.  He then declared war on them.  He may have been able to throw out small pathetic excuses as to why he was declaring war on us, but there was no good reason for declaration on ITO.  I think the only reason he hasn't declared war on EoS yet is because of Mata.  Fact is none of us are afraid of him.  Yes I am cautious because I have seen some of his tech.  But anyone that isn't an idiot would be too in my shoes.   I do wonder who will be the next person the great IMG will declare war on though.
kvala
Private

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 03:31:28 PM »

My favourite anthem, indeed laugh

werule
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 03:25:27 PM »

As for our current war. There was no good reason for you to start it.
Matter of opinion....oh..that word again. opinion.
You denigrate my corp to promote your corp in a common forum opinion, and you think i dont have good cause to ask you to reconsider your comments?
You were given a chance to re-evaluate your commentary, and chose not to. And argue the fact in my PM for which got you put on /ignore

Take note slime-ball....last time i looked, the main corps we are at war against rank higher than my own corp. Another typical attempt to detract from the facts from the slime-ball organized criminals out there.

Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »

You denigrate my corp to promote your corp in a common forum opinion, and you think i dont have good cause to ask you to reconsider your comments?
You were given a chance to re-evaluate your commentary, and chose not to. And argue the fact in my PM for which got you put on /ignore

Take note slime-ball....last time i looked, the main corps we are at war against rank higher than my own corp. Another typical attempt to detract from the facts from the slime-ball organized criminals out there.

Jam didn't denigrate your corp any more than a tax appraiser or neighbor would if he valued your house for less than you do.

You declaring war on Jam is like deciding to burn the tax appraisal officer's(or a neighbor's) house down after asking him to retract his assessment and him refusing then burning my house down because I tell you to calm down.

So no, you don't have good cause to ask him to censor himself; no, you don't have good cause to declare war on TGE; no you don't have good cause to go after us for telling you to check yourself.

I can't imagine anyone reasonable would think that engaging in such clownish, childish behavior is in any way called for. The more you insist it is the more you make a spectacle of yourself so the closest thing to you not losing that 'argument' is for you to not speak and just let us think you're a clown rather than putting yourself on display.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:17:47 PM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »

Jam didn't denigrate your corp any more than a tax appraiser or neighbor would if he valued your house for less than you do.

You declaring war on Jam is like deciding to burn the tax appraisal officer's(or a neighbor's) house down after asking him to retract his assessment and him refusing then burning my house down because I tell you to calm down.

So no, you don't have good cause to ask him to censor himself; no, you don't have good cause to declare war on TGE; no you don't have good cause to go after us for telling you to check yourself.

I can't imagine anyone reasonable would think that engaging in such clownish, childish behavior is in any way called for. The more you insist it is the more you make a spectacle of yourself so the closest thing to you not losing that 'argument' is for you to not speak and just let us think your a clown rather than putting yourself on display.

You are very much correct.  I wasn't trying to make IMG look bad at all.   I believe I was quite fair for the state of the top corps I gave my opinions on. I doubt everyone was happy with what I had to say. But they respected that I was just giving my opinion.  None went so far as to declare war.  They knew I ment no offense.  That said perhaps it is time to write up some reviews.  Though I am sure Dadds would overreact to my opinion again. 
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 09:06:30 PM »

yeah, go right ahead JJ, poke a skunk with a stick.

Joe's Bar and Grill sells tomato juice...
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 09:07:36 PM »

yeah, go right ahead JJ, poke a skunk with a stick.

Joe's Bar and Grill sells tomato juice...

Fact: I actually saw a skunk today!

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: