Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 07:01:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Planetary Defense much easier now  (Read 11379 times)
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 09:07:30 PM »

It works that way because of the 2 phases of the attack for nest missions. 1- plunder, 2- destroy. Most of the time the station remains with a strengh of 0 after phase one. If it was not the case (if it was removed), we could not do step 2 and we would loose the rewards of phase 2.
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 03:15:32 AM »

yeah, I understand it now.  the first attack is a 'loot' attack and nothing is destroyed (even if the planetary force is of 0 strength, they will not be harmed).  the second attack 'destroy/capture' is the one that ends (or doesn't) that planetary force's survivability.  

I don't know why I didn't see it before, thanks.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:18:36 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 03:35:24 PM »

One idea is to have a readiness attribute for planetary or station forces. When a player is logged off for more than 3 months or something, reduce hte readiness. If the readiness value is low then the attacker gains an advantage. This way combat is still heavily in favor of the defender, but still allows players to clear abandoned things.

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 06:03:04 PM »

The thing is I can't see why after planetary forces battling each other, or before that a ship couldn't still launch an assault on the planet. Especially if they were to still have weapons that haven't fired. Simply bombardment from orbit there. Sending in marines isn't too unreal either of course.  It just kinda annoys me. That said I don't make a habit of putting myself into this situation.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: