Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 06:37:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Player Driven Economy  (Read 10259 times)
johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 09:07:51 AM »

Sounds good!  Thanks emi
Report to moderator   Logged
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 11:24:27 AM »

I can't wait for that to happen. colonization would be fantastic.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 12:40:32 PM »

There are plans for this, it will be a SOL auction system where you could sell high end modules and fully equipped ships...

For deep space trading, it will be a trade screen in the "Hail ship" interface, next to the chat. The seller and the buyer will add modules and solars to the trade window.

No plans for player owned stations selling modules yet, but as SOL expands and if a new system is colonized far away, it might have it's own commodity station, fleet maintenance and shipyard, and auction.
So you will be able to auction your stuff in colonized systems.

This is great!

For the colonies, it might work like the pledge system, where players need to bring minerals and gas for the construction of the colony. That way, the players will decide which planet/moon/asteroid to colonize first. 1
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 03:06:44 PM »

I love the idea! Thanks for replying Sir Emi 1

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 03:41:17 PM »

I just want a way to buy some good medium level modules and to have an actual economy in this game. I mean, what's the point of 'corporations' if all you sell is fuel and medicine?

It would also be great for newer players who don't have the science to be building some mods but who want to get a head by investing in advanced tech
Why dont you just buy those advanced modules from your corp leader? No need for outside trade. That is the point of a "corporation" or as i like to put it, "co-operation" If you feel like you need to pay for it, not have it gifted to you by your leader, then supply the parts and have him build you whichever module you wish.
With great power comes great responsibility however and having high power modules without knowing how it works or how to achieve them can have its own set of learning curves to adjust to.
An auction system where stuff cant be 'BLOWN UP' is likely the best option. I wont be needing to use it however. Everything i need i make for myself and my corp.

Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 03:56:10 PM »

I just want a way to buy some good medium level modules and to have an actual economy in this game. I mean, what's the point of 'corporations' if all you sell is fuel and medicine?

It would also be great for newer players who don't have the science to be building some mods but who want to get a head by investing in advanced tech
Why dont you just buy those advanced modules from your corp leader? No need for outside trade. That is the point of a "corporation" or as i like to put it, "co-operation" If you feel like you need to pay for it, not have it gifted to you by your leader, then supply the parts and have him build you whichever module you wish.
With great power comes great responsibility however and having high power modules without knowing how it works or how to achieve them can have its own set of learning curves to adjust to.
An auction system where stuff cant be 'BLOWN UP' is likely the best option. I wont be needing to use it however. Everything i need i make for myself and my corp.
Well in my mind it would be less for me and more for newer players or those who wish to remain independent 1 . I don't like receiving free modules from Raph all the time, and being able to buy modules from a market or auction would dispose of those horrendous wait times for people who want to buy modules immediately.
I thought it was a neat idea, and I know that not everyone will need it or use it, and I understand you and practically everyone else in the top 25 are self-sufficient but this would really go a long way in helping the little guy.

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 06:21:18 PM »

Dadds:

You might not need to buy modules generally, but a system like this could still be of use.
1.  If you're looking to get some crematoriums or emergency override modules for reverse engineering, this could be a good way to find them
2.  If you've got some modules that are just taking up space, you can now sell them off, for a profit
3.  It would be possible for you, if demand was high, to make significant profit from running a manufacturing ship that makes use of your high science.

Just saying a system like this would be in everyone's interest, not to mention it would help keep people interested in playing in general
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: