Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 26, 2024, 10:14:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Battles Ending on Their Own  (Read 29077 times)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2014, 06:06:20 AM »

Not sure if anyone else experienced this but has someone else found out that the hijackers that you were supposed to battle are gone?

This has happened to me several times where the battle would just stop on its own, probably because the hijackers are nowhere to be seen. Seems like the hijackers would just leave without finishing the timer. Do they have a default setting where they would just leave after a certain time, SirEmi? The mission is still there and when I click them, the timer starts from the beginning and the d**n hijackers are back. This sucks, especially if the timer was longer than 10 days.LOL

Report to moderator   Logged
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 01:03:08 PM »

Wow that sucks. I haven't heard/experienced this happen but I think I recall there being a way(bug) to do this with PVP like re-assigning a corp ship cancels the enemy's attack or something along those lines but this is news to me.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 01:36:28 PM »

I have actually had this happen to me a few times.  What happens is the timer and ships seem to vanish. When you go the tracker and click it, bam they are back again.   Each time it happens I hoped it just ment someone had come along and cleared the ships out for me.  But no such luck. lol
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »

Not sure if anyone else experienced this but has someone else found out that the hijackers that you were supposed to battle are gone?

This has happened to me several times where the battle would just stop on its own, probably because the hijackers are nowhere to be seen. Seems like the hijackers would just leave without finishing the timer. Do they have a default setting where they would just leave after a certain time, SirEmi? The mission is still there and when I click them, the timer starts from the beginning and the d**n hijackers are back. This sucks, especially if the timer was longer than 10 days.LOL

Could it have happened when you reassigned predator for some reason?

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 02:26:40 PM »

Reassigning usually does cause this to happen actually.   But I have also had it happen with my own personal ships. So there is likely some other issue that also causes it to happen.  I just haven't figured out what it is.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 08:33:53 PM »

Nope. SSS Predator never did a hijacker mission, or any COM/SOS mission for that matter. Its prime directive is to scout and eradicate enemies, nothing else. LOL

They happened to my COM ships, and I noticed that it often happened with ships that are doing two or more missions simultaneously. It's really bothersome if you have to check each ship everyday to see if they are still engaged in a battle, especially if you have many ships. Attending to a ship every day vs every 10-12 days is a very big difference.

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 12:51:15 AM »

The same thing just happended to me. I was doing 3 COM missions simultaneously, 15 ennemy ships. When the timer reach 0 5 ships disappears. I do the battle with a victory against the 10 remaining ships. I go to get paid, the 5 missing ships reappears and the timer restart.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 07:54:17 AM »

The same thing just happended to me. I was doing 3 COM missions simultaneously, 15 ennemy ships. When the timer reach 0 5 ships disappears. I do the battle with a victory against the 10 remaining ships. I go to get paid, the 5 missing ships reappears and the timer restart.

Happened again to me today, exactly the same. 15 ships were there a several hours ago, and now only 10 ships left.

Hello there, SirEmi? What info do you need?
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 07:56:06 AM »

I am checking it out, thank you.

How long are the timers approximately when this happens? There's a timeout for each pirate ship that jumps in so that might cause it, will check.

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »

on my battle I would say 170-180 hrs maybe more. that was the biggest battle I have ever started. Ennemy strenth was 32 millions and mine 25 millions. I can not know what the original timer was because someone started 2 of the battles after I started mine. It seem someone is playing jokes on me 1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 11:32:08 AM »

on my battle I would say 170-180 hrs maybe more. that was the biggest battle I have ever started. Ennemy strenth was 32 millions and mine 25 millions. I can not know what the original timer was because someone started 2 of the battles after I started mine. It seem someone is playing jokes on me 1

It's more like we see you have a COM there.  Realize it is going to have a huge timer.  We decide the best way is to just drop ours too and then go off and do others while you complete ours. lol. I ma sure most of us have done this to someone at one point at least. lol
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 12:31:43 PM »

I am checking it out, thank you.

How long are the timers approximately when this happens? There's a timeout for each pirate ship that jumps in so that might cause it, will check.

The latest (the one posted above) was 300+ hours. 3 COM missions. Enemy at 50mil power.

Thanks for checking it out! 1
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 03:27:39 PM »

JJL Thx for telling me it was you that did it. I simply consider this an act of war.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 03:41:35 PM »

JJL Thx for telling me it was you that did it. I simply consider this an act of war.
^^^ !!! XD

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 08:41:34 PM »

I never said the last one was mine. Hard to say which one the last one was. lol.  This was at Fomalhaut and it was just 1 weaker COM. Your ship wasn't powered up all the way and I figured you could handle it.  I didn't want to wait forever for you to finish the COM. So I left it so I could go finish some others. I didn't think it would increase your timer too much.  If it did I am sorry.  Would you like some QP to make up for it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: