Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 08:32:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: You guys active?  (Read 18235 times)
FreezeLove
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:31:11 PM »

Could any pilots active from Perkele, Stellar Trade Federation, pirate police, East Indi Mining Corporation and Starbender Enterprises please contact me in game or through the forums thank you.
Report to moderator   Logged

You can call me what you want, just dont call me late for dinner!
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 11:45:28 PM »

the PP seems to be active.  I have been in contact with them recently.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 11:46:29 PM »

Could any pilots active from Perkele, Stellar Trade Federation, pirate police, East Indi Mining Corporation and Starbender Enterprises please contact me in game or through the forums thank you.

Prql are pretty much dead. Have been a long while. Their former leader was also on a lot of people's hit list.

I haven't heard from anyone in Steller trade federation in a long while.

Pirate Police only have like one active member and he is stubborn to stay where he is. He wants to continue to go after pirates.

EIMC is another dead corp. Their former leader before he quit the game was a friend of mine on here. The new guy put in charge was on a lot of people's hit list. Their members pretty much all quit or moved on to other corps. Their leader their eventually quit playing as well.

Starbender is another one I haven't heard from in a long time. Not really sure what happened to them. Their leader  Qwazar hasn't been on in over a 1000 hours.

Your facing one of the things that makes getting together a good active corp is so difficult. Some manage it. Others give up on it. Many as I can tell end up leaving the game themselves. This is why I advise some people against it.  As much as I would love to see a bunch of active alliances. Right now it just isn't doable. The game's lucky it has as many as it has. Others could fall themselves. Even the best of the best eventually fail. It isn't making things any easier either. Without active corps and active players the game can't survive. So the player we got need to stick together in the same way but also being apart.  We may make jokes about wishing a certain player would quit. Sometime's they aren't always jokes. But in reality we all need each other if we want the game to succeed and get better. Cause even if our most hated enemy goes away, it will hurt the game in some way.  For example the Dadds and Raph's hatred of one another.  Both want each other gone. Thing is if say Raph quit. Dadds might find less reason to come online anymore. He might get bored and quit himself.  If say Dadds quit. Raph would find there isn't really to keep things interesting for him. No one else really feels like fighting him anymore. It doesn't interest us. Raph might get bored himself and quit.  Or he could decide to try to stir things up and just start going after anyone he thinks he can pick a fight with. This of course works but then it gets more people agitated. Some might quit there. They say he ruined the game. Others unite to get together. Then some start to lose interest. surrender or make peace somehow.  eventually it is down to a small group still fighting. Then one or both get tired of it all and either quit right a way or get bored and quit a little while later. So then you get back into the same situation it was in after the raph and dadds thing ended over one suddenly quitting. Only the player base is much smaller after that.  Making it that much harder for us to maintain independent corps. Which is of course what the game needs.  We need to do our part to try to help get new players into the game. We also need SirEmi to move along with the updates. lol. He is doing much better though now then he was with them. Though right now I don't see it helping as much as the game needs. It is helping to keep some of us from quitting. But it isn't enough to help get people to stick around.  Some updates such as the pledge system might make a new player feel intimidated. Many don't realize QP later on will be bought with solars. Not real money. So they think that to do well in this game you have to be super hard core or a money spender. Which of course isn't true either. That is why I try to educate some of them. Unfortunately some take it as me trying to act like I know everything. Or they take it that I am insulting them when all I am trying to do is help. Once you learn things and begin to know a lot more, the more you can actually do in the game. Their are of course some people who just shoot right up.  Sometimes they pass up older players. Take when I first started. When I came in I wasn't sure if I could ever catch up to these others. Some that were ahead of me at that time. Mata was far ahead of course. I have come up much further then I think either of us thought possible. Sargas was ahead of me. I had Wolfdoc ahead, Goodperson, Morbius and many others. Some I passed up cause they quit. Others it just happened.    Now look at Dadds.  Our powers were so far apart when the first war broke out that we had to look huge to them. But they surprised us and grew to be powerful.  Their leader Dadds in paticuler did well. Tech wise he is equal to me in some ways. Other ways he is better. In a few I may be better. He is one I grew to respect. Of course we all know what happened with that. Another big upstart is Raph.  His leap to the front surprised us all. Of course though then we later learned how he did it. Our way of thinking on ships was we wanted ships that could survive PVP type fighting as well as PVE.  His way of thinking was that he just wanted to make as much as fast as he could and as cheap as he could. He did what we didn't want to do. He started building large boarding ships. Of course when he got up there with us, he had already made himself some enemies due to past actions. So it lead to us learning that his ships didn't do as well as he had hoped in pvp combat. Still he learned from that. Now his ship designs are much better. He even learned to play much smarter from us going after him as well. That is why I try not to underestimate anyone now.  Who knows when we might see another good player come along?  It needs all the good players it can get.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 11:54:50 PM »

well said JJ.

The Starbender founder BB_GOODE has been missing for over 3500 hours now.
FreezeLove
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 09:25:59 PM »

I see thanks guys, I have been wondering of late about the bottom half of the corp list figured if any checked the forums they would see the post. I also figured some of you veteran players would give some information on the subject. Its disheartening but understandable I suppose.

You can call me what you want, just dont call me late for dinner!
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 06:45:17 PM »

Is the New Earth Alliance still active?

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 10:41:58 PM »

it doesn't look like it.  they have one member (strength 9,706) and two wannabe's.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 03:03:29 PM »

For example the Dadds and Raph's hatred of one another.  Both want each other gone.
Again you make a comment that has absolutely no truth. Since when have i ever said i want Raph gone from game? Its your dialogue and guesses that really ticks me off JamJul. Quit using me and my name as a scape-goat or as fact when there is none. Dont mention my corp again in one of your tirades.
I keep asking you to retract your commentary which is obviously biased and you dont. No wonder people want to shoot you, in particular me.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 06:46:20 PM »

For example the Dadds and Raph's hatred of one another.  Both want each other gone.
Again you make a comment that has absolutely no truth. Since when have i ever said i want Raph gone from game? Its your dialogue and guesses that really ticks me off JamJul. Quit using me and my name as a scape-goat or as fact when there is none. Dont mention my corp again in one of your tirades.
I keep asking you to retract your commentary which is obviously biased and you dont. No wonder people want to shoot you, in particular me.

From how you act it seems like you want Raph gone.  I apologize if I was wrong on that.  As for not mentioning your corp, I will say whatever the hell I want.  No amount of strong arming or bullying will stop that.  If I have an opinion I will share it.  As for people wanting to shoot me, your the only one on here wanting to do that. No one else is wanting to go to war with me.
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 11:12:35 PM »

Jam is right. It's hard to find good and active players. We tend to hover around 60 and 70% (daily)activity, partly because I never kicked Jazzbob and a few others. When Freeze was with us we often were at 80% a few times there but he and others come and go.

So a big problem for many corps(which make the leaders leave also as Jam noted) is player retention. If someone has enough interest/time to play a while and give a good corp leader a shot there's a much better chance they'll stick around a while and be a regular player. Unfortuanately many still get bored but it seems like most get bored and split before the SEA course is over or shortly after. This is the point where some encouragement and a boost from a good corp can get them out of Sol and really enjoying the game. So I've been trying to reach out to those newbies and at least give them some encouragement and let them know what to expect etc.

Player retention is is a big issue for the game and ITO. I'm in favor of the updates like nova possibly appealing to mining types and helping this but maybe other engaging features would help and brainstorming such things may be in order. As a corp leader myyself I think the best approach other than that encouragement/guidance is to have a friendly and engaging environment in the corp where players feel welcome and enjoy being part of the team.

Biased? Yours isn't the only corp Jam sized up as whatever kind of stagnant or inadequate as he saw it and he gave no indication of bias. He shared his reasons for his opinion and none of them indicated he was biased against corps run by Australians or you in particular etc. Privately I happen to know he even held you in somewhat high regard. You simply made up a paranoid delusion where he was siding with your enemies by giving his objective opinion. His commentary is biased only in that it's one sided as it's from his perspective as an outsider and fellow corp leader looking at other corps and if you have a problem with it that's your problem.

Regardless of this fact, your asking anyone to retract an objective comment as though it's defamatory is so intolerant, childish, and totalitarian that I find it very hard to beleive anyone here is going to take ever you seriously again. You're not doing yourself any favors by making it everyone else's problem, becoming a totalitarian that thinks he can tell people what to do or say and throw a tantrum and shoot them when he doesn't get his way.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:21:26 AM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 12:05:35 AM »

Joolzvern and jam I agrees with you both there are an major problem in recruitment. I list some of the problem I see.

1.) We do not know who is active in sol (sol corp) to recruit.
2.) There are no interaction or open communication with any caption. just thru the forum. I do not known any new player read the post.
3.) It is hard for new player get out from sol. all the space are take up by player that left or labs which no one can mine. no where to growth.

I think we need to work with Emi to able bring in new player and keep them in the game.

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 06:03:14 AM »

We need the mentoring program. .

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 10:49:59 AM »

Hey Joolz. I am not going to post your dialog here because its just a waste of time explaining all that goes on. However, the simple fact is by posting "an opinion" about a corp or other from such an esteemed blowhard like Jamjul, convinces other player to join or not to join, a corporation. i didnt see him rating his corp as one that has had many defects, theft, issues of leadership, leaders removed and basically an unstable corporation....so the bias is there. There is no corporation that can fairly judge every corp including themselves. Except JamJul apparently?
He was rated as a friend once, and betrayed that, by openly posting his position vs my position to further his corporation cause and belittle mine. His constant critique has been harder vs my corp vs any other corp, including the corp he once voted on to add to an outlaw list. Then all the sycophants jump in to add fuel to the fire and fan the flames, You were the first.
Now he sits on permanent ignore because of his verbal attacks on me and my corp which includes "dont join IMG or you will be attacked", while trying to justify his reasoning. I dont give a d**n about his reasoning or his opinion. I expect if a so called friend says, "hey, remove that, not happy" then as a friend they would do it. Not JamJul. He will argue the point as to why he has a right to say what he wants....very well...i acknowledge his right. It seems though that i am not allowed to be offended by that opinion, and to take action which includes giving the opinion-giver a bloody nose.
You all chose to bash me for my choice of action. So be it. When i joined this game i saw the exact same thing where jamjul and others drove players from this game via the forums. I see a similar thing happening here.
The only difference here is i am not easily bullied. My fleet stands by now for Armageddon. Expect nothing else but total carnage til you all relent.

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 12:59:05 PM »

To all new players, don't join IMG. All top corps have now declared war against it. And whatever happens in the future, my corp SSS will always be killing IMG members. You have been warned.

-The One Above All
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 01:26:32 PM »

Hey Joolz. I am not going to post your dialog here because its just a waste of time explaining all that goes on. However, the simple fact is by posting "an opinion" about a corp or other from such an esteemed blowhard like Jamjul, convinces other player to join or not to join, a corporation. i didnt see him rating his corp as one that has had many defects, theft, issues of leadership, leaders removed and basically an unstable corporation....so the bias is there. There is no corporation that can fairly judge every corp including themselves. Except JamJul apparently?
He was rated as a friend once, and betrayed that, by openly posting his position vs my position to further his corporation cause and belittle mine. His constant critique has been harder vs my corp vs any other corp, including the corp he once voted on to add to an outlaw list. Then all the sycophants jump in to add fuel to the fire and fan the flames, You were the first.
Now he sits on permanent ignore because of his verbal attacks on me and my corp which includes "dont join IMG or you will be attacked", while trying to justify his reasoning. I dont give a d**n about his reasoning or his opinion. I expect if a so called friend says, "hey, remove that, not happy" then as a friend they would do it. Not JamJul. He will argue the point as to why he has a right to say what he wants....very well...i acknowledge his right. It seems though that i am not allowed to be offended by that opinion, and to take action which includes giving the opinion-giver a bloody nose.
You all chose to bash me for my choice of action. So be it. When i joined this game i saw the exact same thing where jamjul and others drove players from this game via the forums. I see a similar thing happening here.
The only difference here is i am not easily bullied. My fleet stands by now for Armageddon. Expect nothing else but total carnage til you all relent.

All this coming from a bully himself. I have always been outspoken. You have also always made your vs positions clear to the public. Which is why I never minded sharing them. You didn't complain to me about it either.   Our friendship was ended when you didn't like what I had to say and declared war on me,. I am on the ignore list because I was requesting you come to your senses and realize I was just sharing my opinion.  I wasn't assaulting your corp, I wasn't editing my post and that declaring war over this reason was just stupid.  I never tried to flame you in the game.  Hell I bit my tongue so much about you over the time we were allies.  The reason I never said as much about Raph though is because you were the one that had such a huge issue with Raph. It was never the rest of us.  I went along with you on it because you were my ally and I thought you were my friend.  I had to talk a lot of people into seeing things your way on Raph. After leaving the GC I still continued to pursue Raph because you and I were friends. But after you decided to declare war on TGE,  I realized I got no reason to be Raph's enemy anymore.    As for not being objective about my own corp. I can do that too.

TGE has had it's share of problems. Here is just some examples.

1. Shortly after our first war with IMG began, my fellow Co-Leader Wolfdoc ended up vanishing. Not sure what happened.

2. We have had quite a few people quit over time.

3. Just after forming the GC, madmark31 left PMI.  Prior to quitting he said he didn't like the GC and felt like he had no say in the charter. He could have of course contacted me about stuff he didn't like. The charter was worked on and negotiated on right on our corp forums. After leaving he ignored all my messages asking why he had left.  Yeah he hadn't bothered to notify me.   So I ended up blowing up a space station he had worked hard to create that I knew about. To this day he is still on my personal KOS list.  I won't hunt him down but I will hit him when I see him.

4. Another big incident was actually a combination of stuff when Sargas left. The biggest thing being the theft of modules by mata.  I ended up blowing up one of sargas's stations.  In the end I got some marines back that were stolen and we maintained peace.  Around the same time Sin also left. He tried going out on his own. Got bored. Decided he wanted to quit the game. He donated all his modules to TGE before he left.  We are still working on putting them all to use. Gronk also left. Not sure what was his reason. He never replied or anything.  I think he's just become a loner.

Every corp has their share of problems. However as things stand with TGE now, we are a good active corp.  We survived our hardships.  Unlike IMG, we are not lead by a war hungry paranoid Sociopath. Raph who some of us thought may be war hungry, has proven in fact that he is not near as far gone that path as you.  I have given accurate fair assessments of every corp.  Though I do understand that not everyone can accept the truth when it is thrown right in their face.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: