Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 05:15:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Clean Up Project  (Read 8645 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2014, 01:34:22 PM »

I have noticed in some systems with few planets in them that people have taken to just dumping COMs.  It has become a graveyard of COM missions.  I am taking it apon myself to work on trying to clear out some of these that I find.  My first project is the system HJB 13040.  If there is anyone who wishes to help me to clean up the galaxy feel free to contact me.
Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 03:12:55 PM »

Can we clear inactive player modules and ships out of orbit too? 1

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 04:16:35 PM »

You do not need to clean those, if someone did not complete the mission, if he bring back the mission to earth and get rid of it, the ships will vanish. If you want to do the battles, it is up to you, but you will not have any rewards. Better start new COM missions if you ask me.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 05:37:22 PM »

You do not need to clean those, if someone did not complete the mission, if he bring back the mission to earth and get rid of it, the ships will vanish. If you want to do the battles, it is up to you, but you will not have any rewards. Better start new COM missions if you ask me.

What proof do you have that COMs vanish after being turned in?  Could be there are some that stay anyways. Then you got people who actually decide to store their missions in cargo bays in hope of being able to come finish it someday when their stronger. Then there are ones out there that are from ones who were started by people who quit.  You see these sit here and just say "they will vanish eventually. Why bother? But what if they end up not vanishing for a long time. This can be bad for anyone who might end up with a COM for that location.  Eventually of course these all pile up. What if by multiple COMs getting thrown into the mix that it messes up the programming for removing these.  Aside from the hijacked ship maybe possibly vanishing, the rest of the spawned ships remain there. That is just on hijackings.  The abandoned ones I tend to come across most are nest. Which makes me wonder if those actually vanish or not. Same with their ships.   With how this is starting to become an issue, not to mention people dumping COMs on others, if someone doesn't do something about the mess then the problem will just get bigger and bigger until either SirEmi makes them vanish, or we all  become so aggravated that many more of us quit because of it.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 06:54:19 PM »

jam is right. we have no way to be know, maybe Emi can tell is that correct. I just too low try to do the COM. lol four station and over 32,000,000 power and over 200 hrs. ouch.
either someone like Jam or other big player willing to take out the com. Emi need to fix it or removed.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 09:16:40 PM »

I am seeing this:

when a mission is started, it stays unless you take the 'cargo' home to Earth and dismiss them.  You can do the same thing 'on-site', but it costs a lot of solari.

And there is no 'dumping ground'.  You cannot dump a mission from Frogville over here in Lizardtown...

What we are probably seeing is pilots not looking at the 'orbit' screen and then finding multiples, etc, etc .etc..

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:21:04 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 10:34:04 PM »

I am seeing this:

when a mission is started, it stays unless you take the 'cargo' home to Earth and dismiss them.  You can do the same thing 'on-site', but it costs a lot of solari.

And there is no 'dumping ground'.  You cannot dump a mission from Frogville over here in Lizardtown...

What we are probably seeing is pilots not looking at the 'orbit' screen and then finding multiples, etc, etc .etc..

How do you know for sure dumping them causes them to vanish?  Also it seems like at some of these dumping grounds that these people should have been taking missions back to sol to get rid of them. If they had been doing that and you are correct, then there shouldn't be so many of these.  I know of 2 systems for sure I have seen like this.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »

just dumping them should not cause them to vanish.  You need to dismiss the mission (either at Earth or pay solari).

and if they don't and just quit the game...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 10:52:44 PM »

just dumping them should not cause them to vanish.  You need to dismiss the mission (either at Earth or pay solari).

and if they don't and just quit the game...

I know that.  I said get rid of them. I ment dismissing them at earth.  I gotta wonder if anyone actually is.  If they are then they aren't vanishing like that should.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 10:54:37 PM »

There are some I have seen, like at Castor A1 that are so big in size and power that I can only imagine a high powered player dropped them off. Maybe they are the result of people like Raph and Dadds dumping COMs on each other. Idk...

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 10:56:09 PM »

I had 10 ships that were dump on me (COMs dump by an other Captain) and many days later the 10 ships vanished on me like that, without a battle. The ships from my own mission remains there. My conclusion: the missions were dismissed by the other Captain.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 11:02:47 PM »

I don't see that they were dismissed, they were started and allowed to stay.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »

Not sure who is dumping and leaving lots of heavy missions out there. There are only a few pilots capable of generating 10's of millions of power coms. I am one of those pilots. At the end of the day, those coms missions pays the way, so i have no reason to spawn and abandon them. If its a tactical thing regarding war only...ok yes i understand flooding.
I personally have only done that in 1 or 2 instances, and have gone back to clean up the mess anyway. Over time, i do know that the ships reset. So my advice to others is to look into orbit first before spawning more ships, because the reset timer i think gets reset again to zero

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 02:59:49 PM »

So my advice to others is to look into orbit first before spawning more ships, because the reset timer i think gets reset again to zero

That does seem to be what appears to be happening. Which explains why many aren't vanishing.  To be honest on some of these I am looking at 5 to 6 pages of ships. Might be a bit more.  Now I might not be able to jump them all first try. But I figure this is what it is going to take to get this mess cleaned up.  Odds are 4:26 at one of these. This is with 2 of my ships there. I got another ship doing a COM of it's own on the main planet.  Both areas are full of nest. No hijackings so I know my ship can do it's COM ok.  I got it also counting down a timer for me though so that when my others are able to come over, they will not have such a huge timer.
sauron
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 04:11:33 AM »

If I remember correctly I saw a thread on this forum about ships dissapearing after a time even when the mission was not complete.
Could there be a correlation? Maybe when Sir Emi fixed this that all ships came back?
Otherwise you found a Bermuda triangle in space JJL...  19
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: