Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 07:20:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Epic Fail: IMG ships orbiting Jupiter  (Read 24579 times)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2014, 10:19:11 AM »

IMG has 4 ships orbiting Jupiter now, and they are not attacking. So I decided to attack them instead. But I wonder, what exactly do they hope to achieve? Even if all IMG members will bring all of their ships, I can still defeat them. Even if they have two, three, or four times the total ship power they have now, I'd still kick their pitiful asses. They probably just wanna appear all tough and manly again, and just when the timer runs out, they will come up will some stupid excuse to flee from the battle again. bwahahahaha

* IMG epic fail.png (502.24 KB, 914x945 - viewed 530 times.)
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 12:04:33 PM »

Rafe, please.  Another childish taunt.  I'm tired of having to read all this drivel over and over.  19
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 03:29:37 PM »

Have you not learnt yet that is better to be a defender than an attacker? lol
You are going to be given that lesson also, unless you wish to withdraw your assets from the field.
Say "bye-bye" to Jupiter.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 03:31:53 PM »

Have you not learnt yet that is better to be a defender than an attacker? lol
You are going to be given that lesson also, unless you wish to withdraw your assets from the field.
Say "bye-bye" to Jupiter.

Dadds has one good point.  It is better to be the defender when you got stuff set up around a planet.  When attacking protected stuff is no longer protected. At least I think that is how it works.  I would cancel the attack and let him start the timer himself.  Then once it finishes you can watch the fireworks as his ships jump away.  lol. 
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 04:54:40 PM »

that is how it works, JJ.  there are no 'protected forces' in an attack...
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 05:07:27 PM »

That would require Raph letting IMG sit around until THEY start the timer. He's territorial, so he's going to kick them out instead of letting them attack at their leisure.

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 05:20:51 PM »

It also means if he starts the timer that corp ships that are sitting there that he doesn't have command of will not join in on the battle.  But if Dadds starts it, they will jump in and help.  He may be territorial but he isn't stupid.  This is a case where I would do the smart thing and wait.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 05:29:19 PM »

Well he does have two ships and a heavily armed station in the attack, so I think he is confident in his ability to beat back the invaders.

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 05:56:28 PM »

what 'invaders'?

Dadds is there by invitation, not invasion.

He is there and is waiting (as I have said before, Don't invite anyone to a party and expect them to provide the food or entertainment without pay).

I do suggest that AMS Chiron should exit the theater before hostilities commence.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 06:03:22 PM »

I think you mistake a taunt for a party... The party was several weeks ago. IMG's appearance at Jupiter and Dadds' proclaimed 'liberation attempt' are part of our ongoing war and a result of Raphael's constant taunting. If Dadds had just said he was here to attack Raph specifically then he would be responding to an invitation, but he said he's here to kill all of us, so that is an invasion. (I certainly didn't invite them here)

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 07:44:15 PM »

You all think you are better than me in terms of war. So let me ask all of you this: was there EVER a time when I made a stupid blunder? I can cite instances to all three of you (Dadds, Jam, Sargas). LOL!
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 08:23:04 PM »

I have never claimed to be infallible.  Please enlighten me as to my blunders  (I hope you have enough time to list them all)...

We have all 'blundered' in the game...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:30:09 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 08:43:41 PM »

You will see the battle report soon. Dadds can of course bring in more ships and then speed up the battle, but that would cost so many QPs that I would actually be glad that he did it. LOL

SSS will just sit back and relax, like we always do. 1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 11:23:48 PM »

You all think you are better than me in terms of war. So let me ask all of you this: was there EVER a time when I made a stupid blunder? I can cite instances to all three of you (Dadds, Jam, Sargas). LOL!

We have all made mistakes.  I never said I didn't. I did learn from mine.  That isn't going to stop me from giving advice though.  I figure in this situation it is best to make the most of the changed combat system.  Stations are thrown into protection for a reason. To go on offense means they are on the front line.  Something which may not be the best idea. Best to soften him up with ships first on defense.  As for your blunders.  You have made a few yourself in the past. lol. Like many of us you learned from your mistakes.   Just try not to hold it against someone when they give you advice.  I just want to see this battle give you the best result possible.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:25:21 PM by JamJulLison » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 01:52:27 AM »

I think you mistake a taunt for a party... The party was several weeks ago. IMG's appearance at Jupiter and Dadds' proclaimed 'liberation attempt' are part of our ongoing war and a result of Raphael's constant taunting. If Dadds had just said he was here to attack Raph specifically then he would be responding to an invitation, but he said he's here to kill all of us, so that is an invasion. (I certainly didn't invite them here)

ah, understood, he's just late...

not missing...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:54:48 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: