Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 06:19:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: COM missions drop over existing COM  (Read 78999 times)
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2015, 12:46:28 AM »

Wow, five birds with one stone!  death death death death death
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2015, 10:51:53 AM »

5 bird - 2 stone...
two different attacks (hijacking and then nest).
I have also beaten 15 ships with LOLLIPOP alone (172 hour timer)
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2015, 03:18:05 PM »

I feel like this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion...  Rostin I did say it was the start of a pattern, a start. Now if it doesn't happen again then that pattern is broken and goes no where and it doesn't matter, if it happens again then there is some reason to suspect it might not be coincidence all the time, that is all I meant. While I personally would have handled things differently than Jam is I don't fault him for it considering he is going out of his way to minimize the damage done to whomever drops a COM on him so that he is just sending a message and not taking advantage of this in order to deal some kind of massive blow to your corp or any of it's memebers.

Personally Raptor I can understand your situation. I would guess that the whole "jake" matter has made Jam much less inclined to take you at your word and I can't blame him for that considering how things went down. Trust is easy to lose and quite hard to gain. I will take your word for it, but certainly if it happened again I would think twice before doing so again given what went on. I hope you can understand what I mean.

Btw last I checked there is a lot more to a corp than just it's rankings. I would kindly ask that you refrain from saying that your corp will "surpass us in everyway" in the future Rostin as I take personal offense to that when you don't know what goes on in TGE. You want to pass us on the leaderboard that is fine, but don't go saying or should I say implying that the members of TGE aren't as good as your own corp. I understand things are getting a little heated but still, let us not go insulting people just because of that.

Torh, I guess there wasn't much of a history between you so my bad on that, it just seemed like there was from how Jam talked was all.
Really? Why don't you tell that to your own leader Fenix, because he and Joolz both seem to think that I somehow recruit players of a lesser caliber than TGE does. I didn't say anything about TGE's members; I had said mine were the best because that is how a parent talks about its offspring. When I say "surpass" I mean in terms of total power, membership, tech, and all that. I don't think any player is worse than anyone else. You misunderstand my self-worth for undue criticism. The only people here I criticize are JJL and Joolz, and you have seen the hypocrisy and arrogance that they continue to project

I don't have to tell Jam anything, he knows how I feel about things most of the time and honestly most of the time we have the same opinion about what goes on around AG. Even if I did tell him to lay off, whether or not he would listen to me is an entirely different matter. As for Joolz, he has his own way of doing things. We have talked before about how he handled past events and I know you remember that discusion, I don't really have anything further to say about him at this time.

The only thing I believe Jam and Joolz really meant about your members Rostin is that they are less experienced than the members of TGE and ITO, this is simply a fact. It most likely does contribute to mistakes like these being made, the more new players you invite the larger your corp becomes and there are more chances for these mistakes to happen. Over time that might result in your corp establishing a bad reputation. Personally I would do things differently but that is me and you are you. I believe that you can spread yourself too thin in this game (Much like Rome spread it's forces too thin and ultimately collapsed btw) and end up getting no where. I would take more time to develop the people you already have before taking in more new players that ultimately need more resources dedicated to them to help them develop. Honestly idk if TGE does recruit at all anymore, people just end up there through connections with Jam or somebody else, others apply because it is a powerful corp. As you know I ended up there from the former.

If you truly intended no disrespect toward the rest of us at TGE then as I said to torh, my bad. Things in here have been getting a little heated and I am not above getting emotional about it myself. Speaking of which, Torh I didn't really imply that you had wronged him I just thought that something had gone on between the two of you in the past which Jam didn't appreciate that is all. Obviously that either wasn't the case or Jam forgot/forgave it so again my bad on that.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2015, 03:33:03 PM »

Let's toast to Galactic peace then

wine wine
torh
Private

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2015, 04:52:04 PM »

If you truly intended no disrespect toward the rest of us at TGE then as I said to torh, my bad. Things in here have been getting a little heated and I am not above getting emotional about it myself. Speaking of which, Torh I didn't really imply that you had wronged him I just thought that something had gone on between the two of you in the past which Jam didn't appreciate that is all. Obviously that either wasn't the case or Jam forgot/forgave it so again my bad on that.

no problem (i am not angry i just wrote the message at a moment i was rather frustrated about things in my personal life and i may or may not have com over angry) and on the subject of having history i resently managed to contact one of the old members of my old corp to verify if he knew any thing about us having had contact with jam before or even after i left and the only incedent he is aware of i some actions taken by a member by a player during the pmi Img war. since i was not active at the time  i dont think ( hope) jam doesnt hold this against me ( if he does i invite him i invite him to pm me too talk it out.

wine wine

to peace

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2015, 05:15:47 PM »

To peace...
But if Jam attacks my members again no one will stop me from hunting him down.
 cheers

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2015, 07:18:42 PM »

wine wine

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2015, 07:49:04 PM »

To peace...
 cheers

to peace...

@Rostin, a toast of peace need not contain a threat...
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2015, 08:57:14 PM »

To peace...
 cheers

to peace...

@Rostin, a toast of peace need not contain a threat...
It's a two-way street Sargas. I won't be peaceful towards the enemies of New Rome should they continuously antagonize us

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2015, 09:12:50 PM »

nobody is saying you can't...

I just think it seems a little hypocritical to toast peace when it includes a veiled threat.

Diplomacy...

Respect...
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2015, 09:16:29 PM »

It's not a veiled threat; it's just a condition of peace

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2015, 12:19:24 AM »

making a condition to peace is not peace. it is intimidation.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2015, 01:07:49 AM »

I disagree with your conclusion that my statement is unethical

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2015, 01:32:20 AM »

I neither said nor meant that your stance was unethical.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2015, 02:04:22 AM »

I neither said nor meant that your stance was unethical.
Yeah... I was trying to think of what word I meant and that was all I could come up with.
Point is; I desire peace above all else, but nobody should mistake my pacifism for weakness. One more attack and that is the third strike

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: