Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 28, 2024, 02:37:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should DEFINITELY be included in the next update?
WHD Improvement - 7 (46.7%)
Combat Drive Improvement - 3 (20%)
Corporate Stations - 4 (26.7%)
Module Trade Center - 1 (6.7%)
Hangars Revamp - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Project after Supernova  (Read 10979 times)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2014, 11:13:09 PM »

The next project will be a project composed of many small improvements. Which of the following should be included, no matter what?  1
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:15:59 PM »

WHD definitely.  It is something that has been long overdue and would be very useful for many of us.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 11:56:12 PM »

WHD TOO  please
to that note, what is the group wish list to input to the WHD upgrade?

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 02:04:19 AM »

I think corporate stations is a much more universally beneficial update than WHDs...

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Irredrache
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 06:28:07 AM »

Combat speed seems fairly useless as is, but speed and maneuverability should win wars (the Brits vs. the Spanish Armada, for instance). Combat drives could give a small boost to dodge as well, scaling with ship size.

mea navis aƫricumbens anguillis abundat

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 10:01:44 AM »

Already posted elsewhere:

Rostin:

Hello all,

With the "Mysterious Encounters" project nearing completion I think now would be an appropriate time to bring up some small suggestions for updates and changes to the game that would be easily implemented and that could be released in a standard 'Bug Patch' update.

Many of these are things that have been talked about before in the forums, but for convenience I would like to group them all here and add on as the game develops.

For example, here are some small things I would like to see added before the next project starts:
*A "disable all"/"activate all" button for modules
*The ability to destroy/capture pirate planetary forces
*The ability to see sent messages in the game
*Power levels to remain the same regardless of if modules are powered down or activated. (NOTE: Changes in power due to loss or reassigning of personnel SHOULD be reflected in overall power ratings)
*Actual number rankings outside of the Top 20 and the ability to see your own position outside of the Top 30 (or whatever that magical cutoff is)

Matamaure

- sort the cargo bay content by name
- in the ship screen, show if a ship is busy or doing nothing
- improve the speed of the manufacturing screen
- in the manufacturing screen add a button to "Deliver all"
- improve the scanners

Ralph

- Use QP to speed up scanning a ship (everything can be sped up, why not scanning?)
- revised top ranking.. or a new hall of fame.. or shame.. LOL
- science ship optimization  atention
- the option to NOT take POW.. kill em all..  gun_bandana
- NPC trade ship that sells minerals and gas (similar to the salvage ship)
- battle summary
- officer expiration message

Your choice is too limiting, many other good ideas should be added
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:05:24 AM by Matamaure001 » Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »

You didn't have to post all of that, Mata, a link would've sufficed. LOL

Anyway, I am aware of that thread. You're not getting the purpose of this poll. As you said, there are many "good ideas" out there, but they are just too many. It's impossible for all of them to be addressed in a single project. That's why I created this poll to give SirEmi an idea on what players really want. 1
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 03:57:26 PM »

I posted it because not everything I want is in your list...
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 04:04:57 PM »

Here's what I had in mind for the "small updates package"...

Several VERY SMALL additions that would take like, less than a day to make (I imagine, but I'm no programmer...) like the "Disable All/Enable All Modules" button, ability to sort cargo, messages-sent box, etc. Then throw in one larger project like the ones Raph suggested. So we could get an update with all the tiny additions and then like, a total revamp of the WHDs for example. Though I would really prefer WHDs to be included in an "Espionage/Surveillance" upgrade package 1

josephine_r
Private

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 04:20:21 PM »

I am also wanting corporate stations.

I like to see sorting in all columns of all lists - this will make game much easier to play.

When I walk towards an object, it is necessary first that I should will to go there, and, in the second place, that my feet should carry me. (JJR)

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 04:34:11 PM »

My thinking Rostin:)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 10:25:24 PM »

I posted it because not everything I want is in your list...

The options in the poll are the biggest ideas out there; meaning, it is impossible for all of those options to be accommodated in a single update. The remaining ideas that are not in the poll are pretty small and easy to do, therefore, I would like to believe most if not all would be included anyway.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 05:23:41 AM »

Dadds needs to see this so that he can be the only one to vote for the Hangars Revamp... 16

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 05:31:46 AM »

For the ones in the list, this is the order I think they should be done in and why.

WHD Improvement

This is first on my list simply because as it stands now, we have no way to track a person at all. At best these are early warning devices but it doesn't give a clue who is to actually in an area.  With these perhaps wars could actually be fought and people potentially tracked down.  Like maybe if you can get on a trail soon enough you might actually be able to follow that person. Make it so that their course if set for deep space shows on the star chart where they are jumping.  This has been something that should have been added in years ago.

Corporate Stations

To me this is the next most important. This is something that should have been brought in at the same time as Corporate Ships. This would make it possible for Corps to actually set up on planets with multiple members and be able to protect all corp assets that come there without the need to leave a corp ship there.  It would also help to improve trade throughout corps. Though use of Corp Storage ships also works well for this.

Combat Drive Improvement

This is the one i'd like next on this list here. Right now their only purpose is to help see who fires first. In all honesty that usually doesn't matter much. Especially at higher power levels. I want to see these along with combat speed in general having something to do in combat that is actually useful. Whether it be adding in tracker beams and having them count towards helping to escape them or something.  Yes I'd prefer tractor beams that prevented escape rather then a sort used in battle. This would make them long battle timers seem not as huge of a disadvantage as they currently are. As it is now it is just too easy to escape. As for worry about big players abusing smaller player.  If a big player really wanted to hit a smaller player, they would simply lower the power of their ship by disabling mods anyways, then likely spend a few QP to speed up the attack if needed. The only exception for me really being would be if the person made me their enemy by declaring war on us or something.  Though in many cases I'd likely probably not bother with the tractor beam.

Module Trade Center

This is something else that is long overdue. We need a way to establish real trade with one another.

Hangars Revamp

This is of course needed and the stuff needed for it, well I can't understand why it wasn't added in when hangers were first added in.

Now for other ideas addressed.

Matamaure

- sort the cargo bay content by name
- in the ship screen, show if a ship is busy or doing nothing
- improve the speed of the manufacturing screen
- in the manufacturing screen add a button to "Deliver all"
- improve the scanners

1. Most definitely need that. I can't understand why it couldn't have been added much sooner.
2. Interesting idea. I could make do without it but that might be useful.
3. I agree completely. I think we should be able to automatically but the supplies we need from there as long as we are at earth and have the cargo space for it. It would save so much time. It could be made a VIP option if need be.
4. A deliver all button would be great.
5. Yes they definitely need improved.  

Ralph

- Use QP to speed up scanning a ship (everything can be sped up, why not scanning?)
- revised top ranking.. or a new hall of fame.. or shame.. LOL
- science ship optimization  atention
- the option to NOT take POW.. kill em all..  gun_bandana
- NPC trade ship that sells minerals and gas (similar to the salvage ship)
- battle summary
- officer expiration message

1. I agree on the scanning there.  Considering SirEmi very stupidly added QP speeding up to the battles, I see no reason he couldn't add it to the scanners. It would be far less stupid of a move then he made adding it to the battle timers.  For those of you who wonder why I say it was stupid, the issue at the time was we all agreed the battle timers were ridicules and something needed to be done to fix the situation. SirEmi took the stupid and easy way out. He made it possible to speed up the timers. A very lazy move and one I hated.  Sorry for a rant and change of subject there. Now back to the subject.
2. Yes this would be nice. But I can understand why it isn't top priority.
3. Not sure if I like this or not. POWs can come in handy. On the other hand they do sometimes take up a lot of useless space. Why not give us the option to eject them into space instead? lol
4. That isn't a bad idea. Though I'd likely still do my business at Earth to save on solars.
5. What sort of summary exactly?
6. Yes that would be nice.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 10:00:51 PM »

Yes, I agree with your order of updates.

And you haven't commented on the science ships. LOL
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: