Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 29, 2024, 10:52:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Black Market  (Read 28073 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2014, 01:10:08 PM »

the death rays penetrate shields and armor and directly kill personnel.

Somehow I doubt that.  Otherwise what race could have wiped them out? Well besides themselves.  Hmmm though there is a thought. Maybe the aliens had a civil war and wiped themselves out.
Report to moderator   Logged
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2014, 12:17:40 AM »

Well considering that it's supposed to be somewhat realistic...

Death Rays: Probably directly attacks personnel on planets without having to wait until the 3rd 'wave' attacks 'protected' forces.

Zero Point: Obviously this would create fuel or something, seeing as a "zero-point module" is just another term for any device that produces theoretically infinite amounts of energy from the movement of quantum particles(which move even at absolute zero where no movement/energy should be present in classical physics).

AI Core: I think this may be a programmable mission gathering/completing function where with auto-jump we can have a SOS ship accept only survivors etc. and come back at a pre-determined time or when cargo space hits a pre-programmed level.

Dark Matter: No idea unless maybe it helps you open a black hole or something.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:19:14 AM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 01:56:34 AM »

On the death rays it can be anything from like you said to some sort of small laser.  Death Ray in sci-fi and even even in real life, is sometimes used for any sort of laser advice. I seem to recall in an episode of one of the star treks, in one of the time travel one and not even sure the series, a phaser got referred to as a death ray once. lol
JoolzVern
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 04:12:51 PM »

Yes, it could just be a high-powered super laser. The "free electron lasers" they're experimenting on, mounted to (nuclear-powered)battleships would definitely qualify as a death ray. They can be 'tuned' to any frequency from infra-red, visible light, microwaves etc.

Also it occurs to me that the AI modules may even serve for data collection or analysis or something like that. Perhaps sharing battle/system data among players in a corp.

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2014, 04:20:07 PM »

Commodore Rostin is now in the market to buy 3 Alien Zero-Point modules and 1 Alien AI-Core. Please message me with any offers for those components.

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Irredrache
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 05:17:10 PM »

Like Rostin, I'm in need of a zero point module. I have dark matter modules to trade, and solars to pay if need be. Message me in game if interested!

mea navis aƫricumbens anguillis abundat

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »

Anyone who gets these would be a fool to trade or sell them.  What they make is just far too useful. At least on terms of taking on smaller targets.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2014, 07:34:23 PM »

I also need zero point modules, ready to trade the other modules (damaged dearh ray, dark mater & ai-core) or QPs. PM me.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:41:55 PM by Matamaure001 » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2014, 09:25:32 AM »

Im not sure your guess is as good as mine. However I would love to know what happened to these aliens, seeing as they have Dark-Matter technology meaning they were a type 3 civilization. Who or what took down that many ships of such a advanced race would be my question?
Hope SirEmi fills in the story alittle. 21

What makes you think they're extinct? Maybe what was found are just some exploration ships and settlements...

lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2014, 10:23:21 AM »

ohhhh. new long update   harhar I can wait for it.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2014, 03:03:12 PM »

Im not sure your guess is as good as mine. However I would love to know what happened to these aliens, seeing as they have Dark-Matter technology meaning they were a type 3 civilization. Who or what took down that many ships of such a advanced race would be my question?

What makes you think they're extinct? Maybe what was found are just some exploration ships and settlements...

The fact the stuff has been described as ancient.  Even in games for the old structures.  Also if they weren't extinct then we would already have respawning crashed ships at least because they crashed some more ships.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2014, 08:22:07 PM »

Can we fight these aliens, pretty please? IMG bores me coz I've surpassed them a long time ago, and there isn't anyone interesting to fight. Maybe I should just waste another 12 billion RPs on railguns even though no one uses armor? sleep sleep1 sleep
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2014, 06:49:03 PM »

Sir Emi via communicade to all

19 Sep 2014 15:21 EST

Upon study of the Alien artefact modules discovered, the SOL corporation has discovered how to combine the modules in order to repair the Damaged Alien Death-Ray module.
The new module "Alien Death-Ray" is very special indeed. After preliminary testing, it seems that this new weapon can bypass any shields and armor!
Name: Alien Death-Ray
Description: Weapon used by alien ships to destroy organic life. It emanates a concentrated Gamma ray radiation, deadly to living beings. +5000 Attack power at MK I, negates shields / armor completely.
Utility: +5000 attack weaponry, bypasses shields & armor
The module can be acquired via exploration of derelict artefacts in the new star cluster, in "Damaged" form and then combined via the "Mark Upgrade" with components to create a working module, using Reverse Engineer tech.
The SOL Corporation spokesman stated:
"The new module is highly effective against Pirate ships. At last we might be able to provide our captains with a means to get rid to the Pirate menace."
(sic)

I told y'all this 10 days before it became official (oh,ye of little faith)...

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:56:31 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »

Sir Emi via communicade to all

19 Sep 2014 15:21 EST

Upon study of the Alien artefact modules discovered, the SOL corporation has discovered how to combine the modules in order to repair the Damaged Alien Death-Ray module.
The new module "Alien Death-Ray" is very special indeed. After preliminary testing, it seems that this new weapon can bypass any shields and armor!
Name: Alien Death-Ray
Description: Weapon used by alien ships to destroy organic life. It emanates a concentrated Gamma ray radiation, deadly to living beings. +5000 Attack power at MK I, negates shields / armor completely.
Utility: +5000 attack weaponry, bypasses shields & armor
The module can be acquired via exploration of derelict artefacts in the new star cluster, in "Damaged" form and then combined via the "Mark Upgrade" with components to create a working module, using Reverse Engineer tech.
The SOL Corporation spokesman stated:
"The new module is highly effective against Pirate ships. At last we might be able to provide our captains with a means to get rid to the Pirate menace."
(sic)

I told y'all this 10 days before it became official (oh,ye of little faith)...

I believe Joolz told me before you did though lol
JoolzVern
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2014, 07:37:55 PM »

Yeah but Sargas posted it here first lol. But to be technical he was right and I was wrong- death rays just bypass shields/armor I think.

I thought that it would not only do that but also kill personnel on planets in the 1st wave of attacks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: