Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 24, 2024, 09:31:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Transmuter  (Read 2413 times)
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »

Our ships have a standard equipment that transform any mater into usable fuel cells. Since fuel cells are given to us in enormous quantity while exploring, would it be possible that our ships also include a transmuter that will transform fuel cell to any mineral and gas. (I am tired to dump fuel cells in space) The transmuter will work with some lost (maybe 10 to 20%) so it would be more economical to deal on earth. On the cargo page would be a button "Transmute" aside the "convert to fuel" one

An other advantage would be for a mining captain that want to get very far from earth, to generate the mineral and gas that he can not find. That way, he could stay forever far from earth and continue to grow and build and improve modules. For many things, he would be autonomous. He could transform the mining product to fuel cells and the fuel cells to the needed mineral and gas. Could also be used to repair the armor...
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 09:38:43 AM »

The thing with fuel is i think the fuel is creating from actually breaking down the molecules if the resources themselves and those are converted into a form of fuel. Though it is hard to imagine all of these could make fuel just as good quality as the other. Our ships seem to be able to run on anything.  The thing is I think it would be much harder technologically speaking to reverse this process. Though an alien module that does this would be nice and possibly plausible.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: