Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 05:13:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SITREP to display distance from Sol  (Read 11790 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 05:26:00 PM »

I would be for making it show where your other ships are located at. Though you can get the same results just by clickiing your ships screen.  I don't think it needs to show distance to Sol though. We got ways to do that and we need to find a way to change our point of view with thinking all things revolve around Sol. Which unfortunately they seem to in the game. lol.
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 09:58:40 PM »

JJL, it's needed...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 10:09:41 PM »

JJL, it's needed...

Why is the distance from Sol needed there?  I could see the quadrant locations being put in next to each ship where it shows location. But why is the distance from Sol needed when there is other options?  I think rather then small cosmetic changes SirEmi should focus on stuff that really is needed.
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 01:44:53 AM »

Btw, the Quadrant shown in the top left corner on sitrep doesn't refresh when you change active ship. Not until you change to star map or nav or anything else. So it's another click.

I'm a little obsessed with these things as a lot of my RL work revolves about supplying relevant decision making numbers/data in digital cockpits, so forgive me from going on and on at times ;)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 01:47:59 AM »

Btw, the Quadrant shown in the top left corner on sitrep doesn't refresh when you change active ship. Not until you change to star map or nav or anything else. So it's another click.

I'm a little obsessed with these things as a lot of my RL work revolves about supplying relevant decision making numbers/data in digital cockpits, so forgive me from going on and on at times ;)

It isn't really hard to refresh. When I want to know where a ship is I just go to the ship screen since it shows it's quadrant. I think I would rather see some big changes that are needed added in before small cosmetic ones like this. 
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 02:29:51 AM »

The thing is, though, that you could do a large number of small things in a fraction of the time the major overhauls cost, while enhancing a lot of people's experience with the game greatly (not just talking about one minor wish from me, but all minor requests by people). You wouldn't allocate all your resources to a single project or part of it either, would you?
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 02:30:49 AM »

But anyway, I'm going to break with forum tradition, and propose to agree to disagree, rather than ending a debate with a declaration of war ;)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:45:15 AM by Raptor » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 03:33:19 AM »

Something I would much rather see added in would be a power up all or power down all option on modules.  Or an unload all modules option would be nice too for when mining. I don't mine really but that would be useful if I ever decided to.  That is the kind of new stuff we have.  I have to multi-task a lot more then you do on here.  That little change to the site-rep wouldn't do much help increase my productivity. Hell I hardly ever go look to at the site-rep unless I am checking construction times.
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 03:46:49 AM »

That'd be pretty useful too. Same category IMHO: can already be done individually, but it's time-consuming.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 03:52:09 AM »

That'd be pretty useful too. Same category IMHO: can already be done individually, but it's time-consuming.

A lot more time consuming. Have you ever tried to unload a huge planet full of mines and harvesters. Talking like 20-40 mods.  It is not fun at all.  I have given it a try. lol.  One time I was set up on a planet that could fit almost 100 mods.  Is it any wonder I quickly grew tired of mining when I tried it?
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2014, 07:02:32 AM »

I thought you gave up on mining because you didn't want to be mistaken for IMG ;)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: