Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 04:24:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: COM missions drop over existing COM  (Read 78963 times)
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2017, 06:44:49 AM »

I had a couple dropped on me since the turn of the year. One one an H2L3 that already came very close to the 60-day auto-cleanup WITHOUT the dropped mission. I managed to complete it less than 48 hours before losing the entire setting. A $250M loss would've been enough to ask the New Roman Senate to declare war on the as yet unidentified culprit.
Report to moderator   Logged
ESC01
Sergeant

Alien Hunter Ω

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2017, 08:15:09 AM »

Hi guys:
I can clearly see the headache  that it causes .I enjoy mining a lot but as I get more and more into com missions I make more money in that than mining.
Its just start out small and work our way upward.I was doing a small com mission of 8mil(to me that's a lot) I was doing ok intill I like 4 hrs intill done .Than someone from alliance name withheld !!! drop in with me my odds was against me than .I JUST DROPED THe com mission and let the player have it all !!
That to me is sad!!
I was told from my old alliance to always check to see if anyone is doing com mission before activating a com mission...
Any way I have scout and scouting Sol Cluster for abandoned com missions..
more or less cleaning up left overs...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 08:19:46 AM by ESC01 » Report to moderator   Logged

"Power To The "AG" Players"
kurama
Private

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2017, 09:55:38 PM »

There must be a way that the spawning COM signals that we pickup generates missions that doesn't lead to the same planetary orbits, it will clearly fix the missions overlapping each other, yet the same way that players cannot stack COM missions on top of existing ones, OR.....IF one player activates a COM mission the orbit will lock down from other missions, means other players cannot activate a COM mission on the orbit where already existing mission is already running, he can wait though until the orbit is clear again.

OR, there is a special deplorable station that can lock a star from other players entering that star system. something called  "sovereignty claiming station", where it becomes a Corp  territory. where each Corp is allowed 1 and only 1 o this special star claiming station. This will allow a corp to obtain a non-permanent star system as territory since there are star nova cycle, this special station is not deplorable within the home quadrant and the explored regions (1st ring quadrants)
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2017, 12:39:52 AM »

kurama: you bring interesting idea. To lock the planet or moon would not work because some captains want to stack missions to make more solars. As to locking a complete system I always opposed it because I want to be able to start a mission everywhere. Be sure that I check before starting missions to see if someone else is there. I always said that I would go to war if needed to defend that principle (free access to any system).
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2017, 09:13:57 AM »

kurama, JJL introduced that concept in the now defunct Galactic Council. It was denied.

the only way to protect anything in the game is to defend it with military power. there are MAU fortresses available to deploy some serious manpower to a slot on the rocky surfaces. ships and stations for the gas giants.

the Empire regards stacking of foreign COM's to be an act of war and when we have time, we will smite thee (royal thee, not you personally).
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2017, 05:03:58 AM »

Guys, if you know for sure who dropped a COM over yours and his/her ship is still in orbit, pm me. I will attack him for free. 1
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2017, 06:21:13 AM »

If someone dumped a COM over mine and a non-SSS ship is in the same orbit, I will attack first and ask questions later.  4
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2017, 06:31:49 AM »

Have to wait almost 3 more days now because of the extra COM.

Ship in orbit attacked.

We have to start addressing this problem somehow.  gun_bandana

* warning.PNG (76.96 KB, 788x614 - viewed 611 times.)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2017, 10:31:55 PM »

To the one who dropped 4 COMs over Epsilon Eta Cassiopeiae, you may now claim your bounty.

And if I find out who you are, your corp will be massacred. 1
RegnadKcin
Sergeant

Nunc est bibendum - Quintus Horatius Flaccus

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2017, 04:47:30 AM »

Had a number of small ones dropped on me recently, and a larger one at S/HD 4628 B1... I've spotted a couple of big "abandoned" ones as well. Someone getting bored?
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2017, 11:57:56 AM »

To the one who dropped 4 COMs over Epsilon Eta Cassiopeiae, you may now claim your bounty.

And if I find out who you are, your corp will be massacred. 1

FOUR coms? There's nothing accidental about that.
Which power level was that?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: