Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 03:19:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Retraining personnel  (Read 2374 times)
Harachte
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2014, 01:49:58 PM »

There might be little need for this with other players, but I would personally find it very convenient...  21

The option to retrain personnel.
By this I mean changing the status of personnel on board ships/stations/planetary modules from civilian to military and vice versa.
I my opinion this is just as realistic as taking on POW: since they can be trained as civies or soldiers within seconds;
I don't see why we shouldn't be able to give our 'civies' some basic training on how to hold a gun or teach or soldiers how to keep an engine running...  15

I understand that this option would blurr the lines somewhat between the two types of modules (the ones that work with civies and the ones that work with 'millies'), especially between the Living Quarters and the Marines Assault Unit, but I'm not asking to make either of these obsolete. I'm also not asking to make this option free, since marines cost 3x civilian, retraining should cost money, either way.

What I'd suggest is that we keep the LVQ and MAU being able to only transfer personnel to and from their respective type of modules,
but that we add the option to transfer personnel between them. Transfering marines from a LVQ to a MAU would make them civies and cost you a little money (lets say 5 solar/pers) and the other way around would turn civies in marines and cost a lot more (like $20/pers).

I have no idea how difficult this is to code (or what kind of implications this might have) within the current framework,
I am not a programmer, nor am I a game designer, I'm just a player (pun intended) 6

I have my reasons for wanting this, but I won't bother you with it, unless you really want to know  laugh
and I do understand that these kind of options are not high on the priority list, but can't hurt to ask, right  7
Report to moderator   Logged

Disclaimer: Anything written by this person [Harachte] here on forum and in any other message, private or public, is solely the opinion of the author and cannot be held to represent the official stand of the corporation [NHC] or any of its members, unless clearly stated otherwise.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 03:02:33 PM »

interesting...

it might work better if the military/civilian forces have a reduction of usefulness when 'working outside their expertise'.

For example if 185 marines operated an advanced shield it would only work as if it was manned by 93 civilians (~50%) etc...

would your 'basic training' provide expertise in Viper, LC, or RG operations?
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: