Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 05:50:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: since Dadds brought it up...  (Read 13687 times)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 08:40:04 PM »

Well, I've always been honest about my desire of destroying the GC, so if any of you will revive it (especially with the same name), you know what to expect from TOAA. 1
Report to moderator   Logged
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 01:18:05 AM »

Yes, but nobody cares what Raph or Dadds thinks in this matter but them laugh

Seriously though, ITO's position has been that:
A) IMG and ITO were sole remaining members when Dadds unceremoniously declared it dead which he had no authority to do.
B)He could only leave the organization/group which he did as far as I'm concerned.
C)After that, SirEmi closed it until we(ITO and anybody else who's with me) can get enough new members.

At that point, we can get SirEmi to open the original GC forum, but as Jam suggested, I personally think that for the 'high command' there should be a private forum regardless of if it's just hidden here to all but leaders/reps or hosted elsewhere simply to have more secure/private inter-corp 'meetings' without non-member interference. I unlike Jam however, think that the original forum (or one like it here) should be revived simply to make it easier for other players to learn about the new GC, sign on, and discuss policies etc.

We can write a new charter, which I envision as aimed at fostering not just peaceful co-existence in game between corps and also new players, but a mutually beneficial agreement that helps us all prosper.

The terms are yet to be decided and voted upon etc. but they could include anything from voluntary information sharing or co-ordination such as sharing the task of looking over areas for mysterious encounters so as to avoid unnecessary 'dry runs' etc. We could include common courtesies, like agreeing not to dump coms on others and to not poach mysterious encounters or something.

Some of these are already considered hostile acts (of war) etc. so some of that is a formality and voluntary, but I think it helps players(new players especially) to know that a number of top corps have a certain 'code of conduct' that basically says "We try not to be jerks.".

Raph, if you want to be a jerk and attack us, go for it. IMG, if you want to do so as well then go be a jerk to us and new players that join us.

At least maybe then players will know who the real jerks are before they get jerked around. I see that as positive.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 01:32:13 AM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 01:41:26 AM »

...no comment...

coffee1
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2014, 10:06:59 PM »

A) IMG and ITO were sole remaining members when Dadds unceremoniously declared it dead which he had no authority to do.
B)He could only leave the organization/group which he did as far as I'm concerned.
C)After that, SirEmi closed it until we(ITO and anybody else who's with me) can get enough new members.

At that point, we can get SirEmi to open the original GC forum, but as Jam suggested, I personally think that for the 'high command' there should be a private forum regardless of if it's just hidden here to all but leaders/reps or hosted elsewhere simply to have more secure/private inter-corp 'meetings' without non-member interference. I unlike Jam however, think that the original forum (or one like it here) should be revived simply to make it easier for other players to learn about the new GC, sign on, and discuss policies etc.

We can write a new charter, which I envision as aimed at fostering not just peaceful co-existence in game between corps and also new players, but a mutually beneficial agreement that helps us all prosper.

The terms are yet to be decided and voted upon etc. but they could include anything from voluntary information sharing or co-ordination such as sharing the task of looking over areas for mysterious encounters so as to avoid unnecessary 'dry runs' etc. We could include common courtesies, like agreeing not to dump coms on others and to not poach mysterious encounters or something.

Some of these are already considered hostile acts (of war) etc. so some of that is a formality and voluntary, but I think it helps players(new players especially) to know that a number of top corps have a certain 'code of conduct' that basically says "We try not to be jerks.".

Raph, if you want to be a jerk and attack us, go for it. IMG, if you want to do so as well then go be a jerk to us and new players that join us.

At least maybe then players will know who the real jerks are before they get jerked around. I see that as positive.

So tell me, who do you think cares what you just posted? Do you really think EOS and TGE still care about reviving the GC? Do you think they want to risk another fruitless war against me just because of it? As long as the strongest player in the game doesn't support the GC, it will never be revived. Maybe a new and similar group can be formed, but as for the GC, it's been dead for a while now. Your wishful thinking of reviving it just to make ITO a tiny bit noticeable in the game won't work.   1
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 11:13:50 PM »

So tell me, who do you think cares what you just posted? Do you really think EOS and TGE still care about reviving the GC? Do you think they want to risk another fruitless war against me just because of it? As long as the strongest player in the game doesn't support the GC, it will never be revived. Maybe a new and similar group can be formed, but as for the GC, it's been dead for a while now. Your wishful thinking of reviving it just to make ITO a tiny bit noticeable in the game won't work.   1

write your charter, I would like to read it.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 03:05:13 AM »

A loose coalition would be the only thing that could work right now in the game.  One where it is basically a giant treaty agreed to by all the corps. But each is responsible for their own corp policies and no corp tries to actually force other members to go after their enemies just cause they don't like them. There would be no government body trying to tell everyone what to do. The GC's main problems was 1. there was not enough active players to make such a government type council thing feasible, 2. Members of the GC would often not bother to check the forums at all.  3. At times we did try to enforce our authority down peoples throats. I tried not to do it but it did happen. This of course was never really suppose to happen at all but did and was one of the main reasons Raph was so against the idea of the GC in the first place.

I have already sent a rough copy of some things for a new possible charter. I know not all of you like it and some like Raph don't want to take part in it. That's fine. Tomorrow I am going to be creating a forum for us to discuss this new possible charter and work out all the kinks until we can all agree to something. Raph even though you turned me down I am still going to invite you and Rostin to join us on there to attend the discussions. Maybe you will change your mind.  Sargas and Joolz I think I can expect the both of you to come over to the forum and discuss the matter with me.  lisunken I would like to invite you as well.  If we are all going to make something work, it can't be anything like the GC of old.  Where the old GC was created to help keep the top corps on a leash (looks over at Dadds), this one's purpose is to promote growth and allow us to continue playing the game how we want.  Also Raph if you are worried that we wouldn't all go to war with IMG, please keep in mind that if you were to join, at least SSS, TGE and ITO would be at war with IMG.  I would expect Dadds of course to declare war on EoS (or would it be re-declare war) and on the peaceful corp NHC just because we would be forming this with you if you joined.  Honestly even if you don't join this with us, I can see him declaring war on them anyways just because he is already at war with TGE and ITO.   As for any other enemies that could pop up in the future. It would be up to the various corps that are a part of this to decide if they wish to aid someone or not. This would help to prevent people from feeling like they are obligated to go after someone else just cause someone has a personal grudge with someone else.  Take for example in the early days of your conflict with IMG.  Had the GC been run like this, NHC wouldn't have been judged for sitting on the fence and PMI wouldn't have been obligated to eventually side with Dadds and declare you an outlaw. It was a matter i had given much thought.  I could see both sides of the conflict. To me you looked like you might be how he said you were. I also had to consider that if I didn't go along with it that it could cause the fragile GC to crumble. Because Dadds likely would have parted ways at that point and the GC might have fallen apart.  I could see how for you Dadds was really aggravating you as well.  I even felt bad a bit for you. After declaring you an outlaw, as time went on I saw how you weren't as bad as he made you out to be. I began to understand you better and understand you weren't out to just destroy everything.  Several times I came up with options for you to get out of outlaw status. I know they were things that were a bit of a pain to do.  I did it though because I wanted to see you get out of outlaw status and if the GC had agreed to it, even with Dadds voting against the rest of the GC would have stood up and told him to back down.   Unfortunately though not only did none of that occur, the members of the GC became less active and it became apparent to me that the GC was dieing and the cord needed pulled.  I called once for it to be shut down but Dadds and others talked me out of it. In the end I ended up leaving and let fate deal with what was to come. Of course we saw what happened.  With TGE gone from the GC, the reigns that had been holding Dadds in place was gone.  Little things set him off and over stupid idiotic reasons he declared war on TGE and on his fellow ally ITO. He turned his back on his friends and allies.  People who actually stood up for him on here. We tried to be his friends but all he saw us as was enemies.  Right now Raph we are neither friends nor enemies. But it would be worth sitting down and discussing this with us. This isn't about trying to broker a deal with a top corp. This isn't about trying to control the galaxy. This is about us finding a better way for us all to live in this galaxy.  A way for our corps to all coexist without bumping heads and constant threats of war breaking out.  Over time this is the sort of group that can actually grow and all who are a part would greatly benefit from it. Even those who are not a part of it would benefit because we wouldn't be trying to bully them around as a group.
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 02:44:30 PM »

Just because we revive/revamp the GC doesn't mean it has to be anything more than what I stated. That's not even a loose coalition/alliance necessarily, so much as an agreement to be courteous to one another and to new and active unaffilliated players. This agreement can foster relations that could result in alliances (that would hopefully adhere to that same agreement).

As such a community we could decide that a given corp is a menace and ask others to join us in fighting them, but I wouldn't leave or declare it 'dead' because somebody wants to be neutral etc.

I think the new GC or United Corporations or whatever you want to call it, should first and foremost let players know what separates us from those that aren't our friends.

Here's a few examples:

ITO strives to:
1) Not agitate, attack, threaten, or otherwise commit hostile acts against active unaffiliated players, allies, and those that are neutral.
2) Help one another and allied corps with any intel, advice, or other beneficial actions we can comfortably provide.
3) Oppose those that go against no.1 or those that oppose us because we hold true to no.1.

This is just a few basic goals of my leadership. We(other corp leaders and ship captains) may choose to add other things to the list of things we pledge to do. I also think this doesn't have to be a rigid set, where I make a list of stuff like this and everybody agrees or not. We can then unite on the common ground.

To open the original GC forums or make a new one we'd need a number of corps on board, but I think for new players and prospective corps, this should be done in order to post our basic goals for them to see and have a place where people can find us and our corp/alliance forums.

You can agree to 1, but not 3, or 3 may have other conditions that must be met for you to jump in. I may adopt those myself etc. We may all agree to a given set of goals, and simply unite on the common ones as an partnership that does mostly the second goal I listed or is just courteous etc.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:12:20 PM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 03:05:08 PM »

See this isn't a GC you are describing. There is no way it could be a Galactic Council.  My idea creates a starting point for what could eventually become like your talking about. It could become that even in our discussions. What is important is we discuss and figure something out.  A galactic council though isn't plausible at this point in time.  I learned that the hard way.  BTW i will be sending the links to the new forum to people who I wish to take part in the discussions. feel free to invite your members. Just keep in mind I am still getting things set up on the forum.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 12:29:48 AM »

A loose coalition would be the only thing that could work right now in the game.  One where it is basically a giant treaty agreed to by all the corps. But each is responsible for their own corp policies and no corp tries to actually force other members to go after their enemies just cause they don't like them. There would be no government body trying to tell everyone what to do. The GC's main problems was 1. there was not enough active players to make such a government type council thing feasible, 2. Members of the GC would often not bother to check the forums at all.  3. At times we did try to enforce our authority down peoples throats. I tried not to do it but it did happen. This of course was never really suppose to happen at all but did and was one of the main reasons Raph was so against the idea of the GC in the first place.

I have already sent a rough copy of some things for a new possible charter. I know not all of you like it and some like Raph don't want to take part in it. That's fine. Tomorrow I am going to be creating a forum for us to discuss this new possible charter and work out all the kinks until we can all agree to something. Raph even though you turned me down I am still going to invite you and Rostin to join us on there to attend the discussions. Maybe you will change your mind.  Sargas and Joolz I think I can expect the both of you to come over to the forum and discuss the matter with me.  lisunken I would like to invite you as well.  If we are all going to make something work, it can't be anything like the GC of old.  Where the old GC was created to help keep the top corps on a leash (looks over at Dadds), this one's purpose is to promote growth and allow us to continue playing the game how we want.  Also Raph if you are worried that we wouldn't all go to war with IMG, please keep in mind that if you were to join, at least SSS, TGE and ITO would be at war with IMG(as is EoS).  I would expect Dadds of course to declare war on EoS (or would it be re-declare war)War, in this instance will never be re-declared. We (of the EoS) are at war with IMG and don't need to re-declare! Until and/or when IMG begs for a cease fire, the war is ongoing) and on the peaceful corp NHC just because we would be forming this with you if you joined.  Honestly even if you don't join this with us, I can see him declaring war on them anyways just because he is already at war with TGE and ITO.   As for any other enemies that could pop up in the future. It would be up to the various corps that are a part of this to decide if they wish to aid someone or not. This would help to prevent people from feeling like they are obligated to go after someone else just cause someone has a personal grudge with someone else.  Take for example in the early days of your conflict with IMG.  Had the GC been run like this, NHC wouldn't have been judged for sitting on the fence and PMI wouldn't have been obligated to eventually side with Dadds and declare you an outlawthis was a very big debate within PMI, that's why the vote took so long.. It was a matter i had given much thought.  I could see both sides of the conflict. To me you looked like you might be how he said you were. I also had to consider that if I didn't go along with it that it could cause the fragile GC to crumble. Because Dadds likely would have parted ways at that point and the GC might have fallen apart.  I could see how for you Dadds was really aggravating you as well.  I even felt bad a bit for you. After declaring you an outlaw, as time went on I saw how you weren't as bad as he made you out to be. I began to understand you better and understand you weren't out to just destroy everything.  Several times I came up with options for you to get out of outlaw status. I know they were things that were a bit of a pain to do.  I did it though because I wanted to see you get out of outlaw status and if the GC had agreed to it, even with Dadds voting against the rest of the GC would have stood up and told him to back down.   Unfortunately though not only did none of that occur, the members of the GC became less active and it became apparent to me that the GC was dieing and the cord needed pulled.  I called once for it to be shut down but Dadds and others talked me out of it. In the end I ended up leaving and let fate deal with what was to come. Of course we saw what happened.  With TGE gone from the GC, the reigns that had been holding Dadds in place was gone.  Little things set him off and over stupid idiotic reasons he declared war on TGE and on his fellow ally ITO. He turned his back on his friends and allies.  People who actually stood up for him on here. We tried to be his friends but all he saw us as was enemies.  Right now Raph we are neither friends nor enemies. But it would be worth sitting down and discussing this with us. This isn't about trying to broker a deal with a top corp. This isn't about trying to control the galaxy. This is about us finding a better way for us all to live in this galaxy.  A way for our corps to all coexist without bumping heads and constant threats of war breaking out.  Over time this is the sort of group that can actually grow and all who are a part would greatly benefit from it. Even those who are not a part of it would benefit because we wouldn't be trying to bully them around as a group.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:32:15 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 03:07:29 PM »

What a bunch of losers. Glad i got much more important things to do than play in your imaginary important world anymore. Quit invoking my name as an excuse to your retched existence. You guys contribute more to the carbon footprint than all the livestock on the planet.

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2014, 06:20:21 AM »

What a bunch of losers. Glad i got much more important things to do than play in your imaginary important world anymore. Quit invoking my name as an excuse to your retched existence. You guys contribute more to the carbon footprint than all the livestock on the planet.

You pathetic fool. You can keep making excuses, but we all know you quit because you couldn't take having your weak ass handed to you all the freaking time by no other than me! LOL

Wanna taste some Lasers Mk M? Hahahahahahaha
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2014, 08:26:59 PM »

I only speak your name when it has something to do with your actions. Such as your betrayal of friends and allies over a simple matter of opinion. Yes this may just be a game. But it doesn't change that fact. 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: