Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 27, 2024, 03:19:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Small suggestion  (Read 5394 times)
Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2015, 08:51:17 PM »

Will be great if we can to use resources from other ship on same spot to manufacture if we have enough space for resources transfer without transfer because it take to long when transfer resources from cargo ship to manufacturing ship ..
Why to transfer 48x3 times when we can just manufacture 1
Report to moderator   Logged

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 09:05:05 PM »

My solution is to have high MK cargo that I keep in a supply ship. I place those in the factory ship as needed. I can have 2 millions in cargo space that way. Solve your problem.

What I think is that we should not have to buy the goods, it should be automatic if we have the solar and the cargo space and as Viracocha said we are in orbit of earth. It is repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive... (you got the point?)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:21:37 AM by Matamaure001 » Report to moderator   Logged
Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 09:19:19 PM »

i agree with you, why to buy resources if you are on Earth ..

most of players don't have large cargo MK  1

Raptor
Sergeant First Class

Ć’uck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 11:15:33 PM »

What I think is that we should not have to buy the goods, it should be automatic if we have the solar and the cargo space and as Viracocha we are in orbit of earth. It is repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive... (you got the point?)

Exactly. Automated shopping list. Put in cart, checkout, all steps that can be scrapped if you're in Earth orbit with the cash & cargo space.
dazz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 05:01:49 AM »

certainly see no problem with that at all. or what about player contracts that can be fulfilled? we have wearhouses on earth which we pay to expand or manufacture extra storage bays for them. all components required by player contracts gets stored in wearhouse and when we manufacture stuff we put an order in with the wearhouse that can be delivered to the ship. this could be done either with our own shuttles that we have in hanger bays or sol corp ships for a fee ship the stuff up to us. something like 1 solar per unit.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 08:22:40 AM »

certainly see no problem with that at all. or what about player contracts that can be fulfilled? we have wearhouses on earth which we pay to expand or manufacture extra storage bays for them. all components required by player contracts gets stored in wearhouse and when we manufacture stuff we put an order in with the wearhouse that can be delivered to the ship. this could be done either with our own shuttles that we have in hanger bays or sol corp ships for a fee ship the stuff up to us. something like 1 solar per unit.

The problem with that is that we are buying stuff from the SOL Commodity station in orbit so it shouldn't even have to come up to us.

I would however kind of like to see some kind of planetary warehouse module. Have it be like two or three times the cargo space of an Advanced Cargo Bay with the limitation that it can only be installed on a planet. Something like that would allow even the newer players to get large amounts of cargo space for resources if say they want to mine all the things they need for module upgrades. There is of course some risk that someone comes along and raids your warehouse but there is a downside to everything right?

Something like this would also be a good step forward towards shifting the game towards a real player based economy where Sol doesn't have infinite resources to buy. If you don't have infinite resources to buy then everything has to be stored somewhere and cargo space could quickly become an issue.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
dazz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 09:03:13 AM »

yes a player driven economy would be good indeed. with mined resources you can have transport drones to send resources to whatever wearhouses you wish then.
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 04:35:57 AM »

yes a player driven economy would be good indeed. with mined resources you can have transport drones to send resources to whatever wearhouses you wish then.

Yeah, it'll make the resources much rarer and people don't just go to Earth to pick up all the stuff they need for a new manufacture. Maybe also enable direct trading between ships? Like you send a trade offer to a ship in the same orbit as you and then they can respond yes, no or negotiate? Maybe you can exchange minerals or use money. That's kinda cool.

Is it wearhouses or warehouses? XD

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
dazz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 06:09:51 AM »

direct ship to ship trading would be good. what about deep space outposts.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: