Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 08:21:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Public Denunciation of Emperor Jam-Jul Lison  (Read 13293 times)
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 10:55:37 AM »

It's like spanking a kid for spilling milk. Other kids might spill milk at other times so you feel like this kid who has only spilled once needs to be spanked
Report to moderator   Logged

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 03:43:16 PM »

JJ, I don't think many people would object to your new policy if it targeted multiple COM-drops on you instead of just a singular incident.

Bloody 'ell, that's the type of activity that got Captain Untamed 'outlawed' by the 'GC'(multiple and not singular).

2 incidents in the same mouth by the same corp.  Plus other people in the game have complained of having COMs dropped on them but don't know who is doing it to them.  So it seems like a lot more then isolated incidents.  I am not accusing SPQNR of doing this to others,  but someone is.  So something needs to be done.   

Rostin a lot of people who play this game aren't kids. Their mostly adults who should know better.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 07:52:51 PM »

JJ, I don't think many people would object to your new policy if it targeted multiple COM-drops on you instead of just a singular incident.

Bloody 'ell, that's the type of activity that got Captain Untamed 'outlawed' by the 'GC'(multiple and not singular).

2 incidents in the same mouth by the same corp.  Plus other people in the game have complained of having COMs dropped on them but don't know who is doing it to them.  So it seems like a lot more then isolated incidents.  I am not accusing SPQNR of doing this to others,  but someone is.  So something needs to be done.  

Rostin a lot of people who play this game aren't kids. Their mostly adults who should know better.

"Plus other people in the game have complained of having COMs dropped on them but don't know who is doing it to them."

Are you trying to use this as a form of 'IMGish vigilantism' to justify your jingoistic nature?
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 10:19:08 PM »

2 incidents in the same mouth by the same corp.  Plus other people in the game have complained of having COMs dropped on them but don't know who is doing it to them.  So it seems like a lot more then isolated incidents.  I am not accusing SPQNR of doing this to others,  but someone is.  So something needs to be done.   

"Plus other people in the game have complained of having COMs dropped on them but don't know who is doing it to them."

Are you trying to use this as a form of 'IMGish vigilantism' to justify your jingoistic nature?

I don't pretend to have your vocabulary sargas but I'm pretty sure all Jam is saying is that it's happened twice to him from SPQNR, and others have had it happen to them though they don't know who, and that he believes it has happened enough that it's not completely coincidental so something needs to happen to make it known that it won't be tolerated regardless of who does it. SPQNR just happened to be the most recent folks to do it. At least they had the good will to make it known that they did it, which is part of why I don't want this to turn into a big deal.

This is kinda getting off topic and probably belongs in the thread about COMs being dropped on people but honestly the way folks were talking in that thread early on if they had found out who was dropping COMs then this is exactly what was going to happen anyway, people were going to start making their feelings known through more than just words.

You are probably familar with the saying "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." I'm a little more patient than Jam is at the moment so I would probably tolerate 3 or 4 strikes so to say but I can't fault him for his stance. I might even have left the torh and Raptor things as seperate issues regardless of them being in the same corp. Still I don't really know why anyone other than Rostin and his corp would have a problem with this, this is far from bully behavior in my experience, this is little more than a slap on the wrist to further encourage the message that you shouldn't do it again.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 11:42:52 PM »

My problem is that he thinks he is judge, jury, and executioner here. He didn't contact me. He didn't weigh the alternatives to shooting at them. And he insulted us by thinking he can just do that without any backlash.
He doesn't take into account that for torh it was his first time EVER doing COMs and that it was an isolated incident and that he would have learned without a retaliatory strike. Marcus probably deserved something like that honestly, but he should have made an agreement with me or with Marcus directly before just taking it into his own hands

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 03:10:41 AM »

My problem is that he thinks he is judge, jury, and executioner here. He didn't contact me. He didn't weigh the alternatives to shooting at them. And he insulted us by thinking he can just do that without any backlash.
He doesn't take into account that for torh it was his first time EVER doing COMs and that it was an isolated incident and that he would have learned without a retaliatory strike. Marcus probably deserved something like that honestly, but he should have made an agreement with me or with Marcus directly before just taking it into his own hands

I didn't contact you because I was trying to keep this as an issue between me and those who dropped them on me.  I was trying not to involve the entire corp in the matter. You were the ones that decided to do so.  It is like Fenix said. A slap on the wrist.  As to those who complained about COMs dropped on them. I saw several post about it that were posted at the point after I quit coming to the forums and was barely active. Those were the people I was referring to who were complaining about having COMs dropped on them.  As for me being judge and jury, there is no real law in this game.  I made my decisions and I stand by them.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 10:39:14 AM »

As for me being judge and jury, there is no real law in this game.

judge, jury... what's that word...trash-collector (all self appointed). The may be no law in the game, but we have set up standards in the past. You held them only as long as they did not interfer with your desires. As a former recipient of one of your little 'object lessons' I am starting to see a yearly pattern developing.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 10:31:07 AM »

Considering the UC charter was violated against me, I didn't see the harm in a minor violation right back.  It's not like I was hunting them out or trying to cause large damage.  I even took losses attacking. Of course the other side doesn't like it when they find themselves being violated against.  I didn't like it when I was violated either.  The thing is before any of this I didn't hit them at all.  Even when we were arguing and their members were flaming me I didn't hit them or drop COMs on them.  Even after taking a step back from the UC and even the game, I didn't hit when I started to be more active in the game.  The thing that got me most about Raptor dropping the COMs though was that after torh dropped his on me and I delivered my warning that I would hit him if I see him, SPQNR boards was suddenly very active with the subject of not dropping COMs being drilled into their members.  Then one of their drop members comes along a month later and does the same   Is it any wonder I don't want to be in the UC anymore?   Why would I want to be a part of an organization where one of the member corps violates charters, flames people in other corps they got a disagreement with, and doesn't honestly care what the other members of the organization thinks.   The COM dropping was the final straw for me. 

Sargas as for you saying it is normal for me to disregard rules if they don't serve me, I am assuming your assuming what happened when you split from my corp to form your own.  If you recall I wished you well. I even told our people if they decided they wanted to go join yours I wouldn't hold it against them. But then we had the act of corporate theft from Matamaure.  When I came to you about it and we were trying to work stuff out, you kept trying to put things off. From how you were acting it looked to me like you were just trying to draw things out in hopes I would just let it go.   It also made me think you might have actually supported what he did.  With nothing getting done I had to take some sort of action. Corporate theft is something I have always taken very seriously. So with it looking like it did to me, I destroyed that one station.  I could have just as easily destroyed 3 other stations you owned at the time but I didn't.  It wasn't about causing damage. It was about making a point to show how seriously I took the issue.  It got things moving and I got some of the mods back. I even paid you back for the damages.   Now I had thought we had put this issue to rest long ago. But it seems you just want to bring it up again.  Yes I violated GC law then against a non GC Corp.  But we were violated first with the theft.  I already admitted I should have went through proper GC channels then.  I even apologized.  But hell that was a completely different situation then this here.  This issue with them came about after 2 violations from them against us.  I only committed 1 violation back.  I don't consider my hit on raptor as one since it was a mutual agreement between us.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 11:00:53 AM »

We need a module to detect the name of the player that drop a mission on top of the mission of someone else, this is all we need. I think it should be included as a basic functionality of every ship.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 11:01:16 AM »

JJ, Your statement speaks true (however what is the difference between forgiving and forgetting?)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 11:02:50 AM »

When you forgive or resolve things, you shouldn't constantly bring up the issue.  It should be left in the past.

Mata I agree with you on that.  That would come in very handy.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: