Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 18, 2024, 10:28:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: AP points  (Read 12378 times)
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 05:05:55 PM »

Well this kinda ruins the requirement for you to be online 24/7.

P.S Not a requirement, but I suppose you understand. The first thing I do when I wake up is to jump my ships, then when I'm going to sleep I do one final jump timer. Now suddenly there's not much point in doing these. :p Of course I do check in the morning to see if anyone has combat timers on me.  
Not really. If you set a jump before goign to bed and can jump in the morning, you can use any AP you gained during the night for additional jumps or to speed up ensuing combat timers. The extra APs don't mean walking away and letting a jump timer run down on its own is dumb, especially if you want to use APs liberally. You'd run out fast using them recklessly; only making 1 an hour. This feature boost the speed of everybody, but if you play a lot it's only a minor help. For example, I just used 7 ap to make a 12ly jump in seconds. That's 7 hours worth of AP. If I have multiple ship navigation and combat timers, gaining 1 AP every hour is only going to cut one of those timers in half by whatever amount of time is on that timer.

What I'm wondering is whether AP's cap? If I walk away for a year, will I have 8760 APs?

And do you have to be logged out the entire hour for an AP to be added for that hour?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:21:41 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 07:54:58 PM »

...What I'm wondering is whether AP's cap? If I walk away for a year, will I have 8760 APs?...

the VIP page tells us this:

"Can regenerate Action Points up to 200 (vs. 100 AP)"
Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 11:09:26 PM »

AP ruined the game. Those who know why will agree.  I hope it will be changed soon.
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 07:41:16 AM »

I like APs actually.  laugh

Anyway, I think you guys should really stop fussing, SirEmi spent a lot of time on these updates and he'll probably be kinda hurt if u guys keep complaining. Be grateful, guys!!!

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
Dragonfly
Lance Corporal

Eternal Wanderer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 09:52:43 AM »

AP ruined the game. Those who know why will agree.  I hope it will be changed soon.

Yes, certainly. This must be fixed ASAP.

dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 12:12:45 PM »

AP DID NOT RUIN THE GAME! The fact that AP are so inexpensive vs solars created an imbalance that should be fixed. I would recommend the following, all done together.

1. reduce the cost of purchasing QP with PayPal. Currently It costs $9 in real money every 25 days or $84 every year for the QP to purchase VIP and all officers. To buy a wormhole cruiser costs $120. Make it 100QP for $1. Where I won't spend $84 for VIP + officers or $120 for a pledge ship, I might spend $9 for VIP+officers or $14. for a 1,500QP pledge ship.

2. Only if you decrease the cost of purchasing QP with PayPal, Increase the cost of converting AP to QP, IMO 1 QP for 100 AP should be about right.

3. IMO the cost of purchasing AP with Solars is too low, IMO it should be doubled to $100,000 per AP, but in no case should ever be over $200,000 per AP.

An additional suggestion which can be done independently: Create a mining officer. What I would like to see him do is:
A. All mining / harvesting is at 100% efficiency.
B. Auto unload is every hour instead of every 6 hours.
C. Miners / harvesters have more on-board cargo space.
Merkaba
Private

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 08:12:01 PM »

I think that AP has a nice advantage for newer players and older alike, but it does present with too much power at higher end play.

Can I make the following suggestion:
I'd like the following:  

1 AP = 50K
1 QP = 20 AP

Manufacture
1 AP = 2 hour reduction for players < 10M power (this has the ability to be abused, by a high level player dropping power so perhaps just 1AP per hour for everyone)
1 AP = 1 hour reduction for players > 10M power

Movement
1 AP = 1 hour for players < 10m power (50k per hour)
1 AP = 30mins for players > 10m power (100k per hour)

Battle
1 AP = 15 min battle timer reduction (200k per hour)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:20:08 PM by Merkaba » Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 10:42:26 PM »

I wasn't specific why it ruined the game, and it was intentional.

It seems SirEmi won't do anything about it though, even though a few from SSS (inlcuding me) pointed it out to him. Oh well.

It was easy for me before, but now it's just plain boring.

Maybe I should just dissolve SSS and start kicking some people's asses..

mumble.. mumble..
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 11:18:31 PM »

How exactly do you mean that AP ruined the game (and please be specific)? Do you know something about AP that I do not?

Or is it the fact that QP will cost more solari now? You can still get 1250 QP for 100 USD. We will still be buying QP with solari, it will just cost more. Is that the issue, that it will cost more? Or is it the fact that now 1QP is worth 50K solari when just last month it was worth more?

There is a cap for AP storage 100/200 (without/with VIP). So, basically, it is a case of 'use it or lose it'. All that does is allow us to to do something other than wait for those horrific timers to count down.

AP generate for free and can be exchanged for the more useful QP.

Would you really rather use 1QP to speed something when you can spend 1/20th of a QP to do the same bloody thing?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:54:18 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: