Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 01:22:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Quantum bits project idea  (Read 14620 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 02:56:07 PM »

Would you only acquire Quantum Bits when you are active and logged on? Or would you gain them even when you are offline?

The funny thing is I couldn't ever see any of us larger players using these. They might be useful for smaller players. Though when I was a small player anything under an hour really wasn't that bad of a wait.

Speak for yourself Jam, I'm gonna use these all the d**n time for jumps and stuff

With most of my engines I don't need help with increasing jump times. The ones with longer timers are ones I just haven't upgraded yet. lol. If I really needed to get those going somewhere quick a few qp does the trick nicely. Not like it is expensive. lol.  We got one ship that can jump 16 ly in 3m 53s  That would be our express ship. lol.  If I were too actually increase my engine tech passed MK C I am sure I could make it so pretty much all my ships got this kind of jump time. Though I haven't seen much need of it.

Under an hour on research would be useless for me to spend bits or whatever on times as well. Under an hour is low on research.  If I waited such  and such hundreds of hours I can wait a bit more.  As for combat. It is the one area where I might consider using something like this. Though considering all serious combat would likely be a crap ton of hours. QP is still going to be used more dominantly there.  Still it is nice to see there will be something in place to help newbies out that don't have much in the way of patience.
Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 08:24:49 PM »

We got one ship that can jump 16 ly in 3m 53s 

Still it is nice to see there will be something in place to help newbies out that don't have much in the way of patience.

My fastest can jump 16LY in just 15 seconds. LOL

And you're right; it is always good to give new players more reason to stay. 1

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 08:41:18 PM »

We got one ship that can jump 16 ly in 3m 53s 

Still it is nice to see there will be something in place to help newbies out that don't have much in the way of patience.

My fastest can jump 16LY in just 15 seconds. LOL

And you're right; it is always good to give new players more reason to stay. 1

I just upgraded my tech to 200. Mostly out of boredom. lol. Honestly I don't see much of a reason to set it too fast.  I am in no real hurry to get around. lol. A lot better then timers were for jumping in the early days anyways.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »

Seems like a good idea though 10,000 Quantum bits for VIP members... if they decrease time by one minute then the full amount would reduce time by... 166.66 hours. Even the 1440 from a single day would be 24 hours of time, I honestly can't say that those wouldn't be of immense help to the people at mid-end game, I mean that is like 24 free QP that we have to do absolutely nothing to aquire every single day.

Perhaps people in the SOL corp could gain these once per minute and those that aren't get them once every 5 minutes instead? That would reduce the amount of QB that the non-noobs would get each day down to 288 which would be 4 hours and 48 minutes worth of a time reduction. That is still of significant help to get a couple of jumps done instantly but it's not going to get you millions of solar in an instant (probably lol).

Though... I would certainly benefit quite a bit from getting such ridiculous amounts of free timer reductions, maybe I shouldn't suggest that lol. Idk once every minute just seems a little bit excessive. I mean if I can log on and just use those QB's to instantly complete a 16 hour combat timer and get a couple million solars that would be great but can a new player gain nearly that much with the same amount of QB's? Idk about that...

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: