Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 06:29:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Galactic Chat + 2 New Suggestions  (Read 5797 times)
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2015, 06:31:57 PM »

Okay, I guess I should make a proper request for a galactic chat to be implemented. I mean, what's so hard about putting a chatbox into the game? Maybe resize everything and put a vertical bar on the right-side of the screen which consists of the chatbox, game's stats, for example newest player, total players, total active players, players online now and maybe active corps? This would be REALLY good for the game because

1) new players will be able to make their existence known to the public by speaking in the galactic chat, and new corporations will be able to recruit more efficiently by advertising themselves to the newbies via galactic chat.

2) more reason for old members to play for long periods of time. I mean, without anybody to chat/interact with, the game really becomes boring. Players feel alone, nothing to play for. So older players would just give their ships things to do, respond to messages and then leave for the day. One day of Astro Galaxy done. With galactic chat, we will be able to have a reason to leave AG running in the background, so that we can talk on the chat while we go about our other computer-based activities.

3) The statistics would be a good addition mainly because of the statistic which shows number of players currently online, and maybe you could hyperlink it to a list of all online captains so that when we click on that statistic it will lead us to a full page titled 'Players Online Now'. This will let us know who is active and who to target for recruitment.

Meanwhile, I got a cool idea while dreaming about AG in bed. It's called 'More Buildings'. First of all, every solar system will have one or two planets which are inhabited by maybe one billion people. You can build structures on these planets, depending on how you want to use these people. You can build barracks, to recruit marines, you can build factories to manufacture modules. You can also build defensive structures such as anti-aircraft lasers or shield generators to defend that planet from attack. Also, when a ship is in orbit of a inhabited planet, you will have the option to either 'Colonize', 'Conquer' or 'Conscript'. Colonizing will make you the Leader of the Planet and allow you to build structures on the planet, Conquer is basically the same as Colonize except that it is used to take a planet away from a previous owner. Conscript will let you recruit a few of the population to work for you as marines/workers for half the price. You can only use conscript once a day, and it will probably give you 100-1000 new workers.

Also, it would be cool if we could recruit NPC Commanders and assign them to a ship, which will boost the ship's efficiency at a certain subject, however these NPC Commanders require a salary, probably 20k solars per day. NPC Commanders can be recruited either from Sol, or by building Universities on a colonized planet.

Thank you for reading and I hope you understood my terrible grammar.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:48:59 PM by Madden » Report to moderator   Logged

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 05:59:55 AM »

Yes, any update of this kind would be great!  1
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 07:34:34 PM »

Okay, I guess I should make a proper request for a galactic chat to be implemented. I mean, what's so hard about putting a chatbox into the game? Maybe resize everything and put a vertical bar on the right-side of the screen which consists of the chatbox, game's stats, for example newest player, total players, total active players, players online now and maybe active corps? This would be REALLY good for the game because

1) new players will be able to make their existence known to the public by speaking in the galactic chat, and new corporations will be able to recruit more efficiently by advertising themselves to the newbies via galactic chat.

2) more reason for old members to play for long periods of time. I mean, without anybody to chat/interact with, the game really becomes boring. Players feel alone, nothing to play for. So older players would just give their ships things to do, respond to messages and then leave for the day. One day of Astro Galaxy done. With galactic chat, we will be able to have a reason to leave AG running in the background, so that we can talk on the chat while we go about our other computer-based activities.

3) The statistics would be a good addition mainly because of the statistic which shows number of players currently online, and maybe you could hyperlink it to a list of all online captains so that when we click on that statistic it will lead us to a full page titled 'Players Online Now'. This will let us know who is active and who to target for recruitment.   A

Meanwhile, I got a cool idea while dreaming about AG in bed. It's called 'More Buildings'. First of all, every solar system will have one or two planets which are inhabited by maybe one billion people. You can build structures on these planets, depending on how you want to use these people. You can build barracks, to recruit marines, you can build factories to manufacture modules. You can also build defensive structures such as anti-aircraft lasers or shield generators to defend that planet from attack. Also, when a ship is in orbit of a inhabited planet, you will have the option to either 'Colonize', 'Conquer' or 'Conscript'. Colonizing will make you the Leader of the Planet and allow you to build structures on the planet, Conquer is basically the same as Colonize except that it is used to take a planet away from a previous owner. Conscript will let you recruit a few of the population to work for you as marines/workers for half the price. You can only use conscript once a day, and it will probably give you 100-1000 new workers.  B

Also, it would be cool if we could recruit NPC Commanders and assign them to a ship, which will boost the ship's efficiency at a certain subject, however these NPC Commanders require a salary, probably 20k solars per day. NPC Commanders can be recruited either from Sol, or by building Universities on a colonized planet.  C

A.  Will chat work properly with all time zones at the same time?

B.  This might be a good direction for you to work on as a coder.

C.  This is just another Officer (and again is a topic for the apprenticeship program).
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 04:40:20 AM »

3) The statistics would be a good addition mainly because of the statistic which shows number of players currently online, and maybe you could hyperlink it to a list of all online captains so that when we click on that statistic it will lead us to a full page titled 'Players Online Now'. This will let us know who is active and who to target for recruitment.   A

Meanwhile, I got a cool idea while dreaming about AG in bed. It's called 'More Buildings'. First of all, every solar system will have one or two planets which are inhabited by maybe one billion people. You can build structures on these planets, depending on how you want to use these people. You can build barracks, to recruit marines, you can build factories to manufacture modules. You can also build defensive structures such as anti-aircraft lasers or shield generators to defend that planet from attack. Also, when a ship is in orbit of a inhabited planet, you will have the option to either 'Colonize', 'Conquer' or 'Conscript'. Colonizing will make you the Leader of the Planet and allow you to build structures on the planet, Conquer is basically the same as Colonize except that it is used to take a planet away from a previous owner. Conscript will let you recruit a few of the population to work for you as marines/workers for half the price. You can only use conscript once a day, and it will probably give you 100-1000 new workers.  B

Also, it would be cool if we could recruit NPC Commanders and assign them to a ship, which will boost the ship's efficiency at a certain subject, however these NPC Commanders require a salary, probably 20k solars per day. NPC Commanders can be recruited either from Sol, or by building Universities on a colonized planet.  C

A.  Will chat work properly with all time zones at the same time? I don't understand your question, but the basic concept is that if you are online more often, you will get to talk with other people more often. Also, if you just go to any other browser game, most of them have chats which work perfectly fine, with only 1-3 seconds of lag.

B.  This might be a good direction for you to work on as a coder. Well I'm having trouble installing the SDK on my computer, so... pray that things will work out fine.

C.  This is just another Officer (and again is a topic for the apprenticeship program). But this saves us the option of using precious QPs to purchase officers, and now we have a new Officer that offers a similar boost to ONE ship at a daily solars cost.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 01:46:40 PM »

All are great suggestions Madden  1

The AG SDK can develop all these ideas no problem. We just need to get some more people on board.

Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 04:44:47 PM »

Cheers  1

But can you do the galactic chat on your own? We really need it as quickly as possible.  Opps

Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 05:05:36 PM »

NEW HOPE  1

Node will run on the same server but on different port, listening in to incoming socket / chat connections. User session is shared by PHP / Node so they could both work together.

Theoretical applications for this are:

- Being able to have corporation channels, trade interfaces with real time chat / communication via sockets
- Galactic chat channel, system local chat, incoming news about galactic events, alien incursions and war channels.
 -Private chat channels etc. etc.

Other possible applications include:

- Pushing data to the browser, being able to receive event notifications like a real-time attack notification without having to refresh the page.
- Incoming chat request, incoming trade request, incoming message notifications.
- Real-time auction notifications, e.g. if outbid etc.

SirEmi himself said this...so lots of things to look forward to, guys...don't lose hope  wow

Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 04:14:18 AM »

Ugggh the game would become so much better with the implementation of a galactic chat  yawn

kurama
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 07:30:26 PM »

This should be a top priority, over other updates, thus, breaks the chains of new players closed at SOL Corp chat board as well as
existing Corps locked in their local Corp chat/boards.

actually the corp boards serves as chatbox but IT'S not a chatbox at all, a chatbox has a global chat,
a private chat and a group(Corp) chat. and also a system/server notification chat entries.

Also this could go well with Galactic trades between Corps, breaking the player-NPC buy/sell at the Sol commodities exchange.
Corp local trades is not even enough, using a Corp ship as a trading outlet can be a means of module stealing/theft. So, to include a better local trade of not only minerals but also modules, better yet buy/sell of a completely built ships between players.

Inter-corp trades could happen not just at (Earth)Sol system but in the release of colonies, where Corp to Corp trades are possible on corp bases/colonies.
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

May the Dark Side of the Force Be With You

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 09:23:50 PM »

Interesting...another method for the spread of Sith propaganda throughout the galaxy  1

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: