Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 10:10:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mining / Harvesting bonuses depending on planet type  (Read 10189 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2015, 02:53:23 PM »

- Mining / Harvesting bonuses depending on planet type
   -> +300% efficiency on Terran planets
   -> +200% on Ocean planets
   -> +150% eff on Ice, Desert planets
   -> +100% eff on Barren planets, Asteroid belts
   -> 0% on Lava, Methane, Gas giants

Report to moderator   Logged

NoBrain
Sergeant

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 04:31:48 PM »

Nice that AG development are looking in to mining.
There is some things that AG development also has to address, before mining get really good business.
I'll getting 60% of my income from mining to day..

1. VIP 6h auto upload to stations this set a limit to how big MK modules you can use..
    Change this to 1h or full will give the possibility to get high MK modules
    Today is this limit is ATH-89, MIF-153, AAH-29,AMF-53,SAH-89, SMF-153

2. The capacity of the Mining / Harvesting modules..
    Give bonus to capacity of the modules.
    I can't see why advance Mining / Harvesting modules only have the 100 m3 cargo space, i think it should be 300 m3..

3. Player who chose to be pirates, have it way to easy..
    Then AP was introduce it gave pirates the possibility, to use AP to speed up the attack and speed the jump to safe zone..
    You have no way of attack them in deep space or safe zone and you have no way to trace them..
    I think QP should be use to speed up attack, this should balance the price of speed up vs loot profit..
    (One of SPQNR station was attack 9 times in 7 mins using AP, before it blew up...)

dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 05:52:24 PM »

There is some things that AG development also has to address, before mining get really good business.

Then AP was introduce it gave pirates the possibility, to use AP to speed up the attack and speed the jump to safe zone..
    You have no way of attack them in deep space or safe zone and you have no way to trace them..
    I think QP should be use to speed up attack, this should balance the price of speed up vs loot profit..
    (One of SPQNR station was attack 9 times in 7 mins using AP, before it blew up...)

agreed that with the current system AP actually makes it easier to be a pirate, but IMO QP too speed up PVP combat is too drastic a solution it changes speeding up a PVP battle from $50K solars per hour to $1M solars per hour. Here are two ideas to make it harder to be a pirate while still keeping PVP combat from becoming prohibitively expensive. If I can come up with two possibilities, I am sure that there are more.
  • Separate planetary modules. A battle in orbit is only against ships and stations in orbit. That can continue to be sped up by AP. If you want to loot or capture planetary modules, that is a separate battle and can't be sped up by AP, but might be sped up by QP.
  • Pick some value between the two for PVP combat. Examples: An AP speed up PVP combat by 15 minutes instead of an hour or a QP speeds up combat by 4-5 hours
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 11:55:52 PM »

agreed that with the current system AP actually makes it easier to be a pirate, but IMO QP too speed up PVP combat is too drastic a solution it changes speeding up a PVP battle from $50K solars per hour to $1M solars per hour. Here are two ideas to make it harder to be a pirate while still keeping PVP combat from becoming prohibitively expensive. If I can come up with two possibilities, I am sure that there are more.
  • Separate planetary modules. A battle in orbit is only against ships and stations in orbit. That can continue to be sped up by AP. If you want to loot or capture planetary modules, that is a separate battle and can't be sped up by AP, but might be sped up by QP.
  • Pick some value between the two for PVP combat. Examples: An AP speed up PVP combat by 15 minutes instead of an hour or a QP speeds up combat by 4-5 hours
I'll think the best solution would be to have AP speed PVP battle up by 15 mins instead of 1 h, so you have to use 4 times the AP point of today..
This could also be add to then you is doing COM missions..
I don't think the battle should be split in two battles

Cl1ck
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 02:37:44 PM »

There is one countermeasure for pirates, that don't rely on changes in game mechanics - decent defence.  1
AP usage for PVP must stay as is now. Piracy is worthy only if there is unprotected, or weak protected expensive modules. Any pirate will give up if there is no.

IGN: Cylon
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 05:01:09 PM »

There is one countermeasure for pirates, that don't rely on changes in game mechanics - decent defence.  1
AP usage for PVP must stay as is now. Piracy is worthy only if there is unprotected, or weak protected expensive modules. Any pirate will give up if there is no.
Today a new player has no chance of removing his/her modules before pirate attack has ended.. (50K/h)
But if the pirate has to pay 200K/h, he maybe think twice before wasting his $$ on new weak players..

I don't have any problem with Pirates..
but I still think it's to easy and cheap to attack and hide again.. using AP..

You are aware, AG has +1M power Pirate attacking both stations and ground modules..

Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 05:01:01 PM »

Agree with this. I lost a station to someone likely using AP to get it done and quickly vanish. What can I do?

I don't feel terrible about it though. PvP is fine with me. And also the said player who attacked me takes on a risk if they do any COM, since those can't be sped up. If I by chance am able to track down one of their COM ships, I'll take it out. So there is that.... Maybe if it was easier to track them down? Not necessarily easy, but more possible.

Why can't wormhole detectors identify the owner of the ship, for example?

Maybe some kind of police and war system. Under the police system anybody who abstains from unlawfully attacking others receives a higher capacity to track down anyone who attacks them. If you're engaged in war, the current rules operate. Just an idea. There're probably milllions of ways to give us tools to track down enemies or criminals.

And btw how will these bonuses change how we mine? I mine a lot. That's why I have stations vulnerable to attack. This change would encourage me to really not like barren planets, as they already are tough to like because they have very few slots and they're very numerous, so long/tedious to find even in a fast ship.

I think the idea behind this is to reinforce the terraforming thing right? It should be easier to mine on a planet with an atmosphere? Thing is, that might not necessarily be true. First of all, entering a planet with an atmosphere and leaving requires more energy because the ship has to travel through a fluid medium. This implies just getting the machinery into place requires more effort. And if a atmosphere is cold enough and dense enough, machinery might actually freeze up faster than in a vacuum through conduction, requiring more heating. A vacuum does present heating and installation problems of its own, but other than that, there's less risk of foreign dust/particles getting embedded in the machinery because no wind. Low gravity might help too somehow. And also Ice can be really thick on planets. How is it easier to drill through miles of ice before hitting bedrock?

Think my suggestion is move Barren up to 150% and Ice to 100%.

EDIT: Additionally, machinery almost certainly corrodes more in an atmosphere.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:37:51 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 11:02:58 PM »

Antilak, there is a seat waiting for you in the Empire.
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 01:17:22 AM »

Didn't you tell me to bugger off with recruitment tactics outside the proper forum before? ;)

There's a seat in the New Roman Senate with his name on it for over a year as well, but he stated a desire to stay solo. If that ever changes, Antilak has plenty of corps to choose between.
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 02:55:03 AM »

Certainly a nice idea that would add diversity and realism to the game. Still, as long as station auto-pick up is as it is, harvesting and mining would not be any faster, just the modules mk required to fill 100m3 in 6hours would be smaller. So the idea is just saving module manufacturing time and production costs.
Without a solution to the station auto-pick up, not much would change. At least not for those that work on +20 treasures simultaneously using station Auto-pick-up.

Duh!!
Choose peace!
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 03:26:03 AM »

Certainly a nice idea that would add diversity and realism to the game. Still, as long as station auto-pick up is as it is, harvesting and mining would not be any faster, just the modules mk required to fill 100m3 in 6hours would be smaller. So the idea is just saving module manufacturing time and production costs.
Without a solution to the station auto-pick up, not much would change. At least not for those that work on +20 treasures simultaneously using station Auto-pick-up.

agreed that auto-pickup time is the killer. When trying to harvest $40 million in tin from a 4 slot terran planet with a station in auto pickup mode will still take 6 months (174 days) The only difference is you only neeed MIF-L vs MIF-CL. As it is, that 174 days to harvest requires massive star stabilization, a $340 million solar expense for $40M in materials. If pickup was every hour, 4-MIF-M could harvest $40M tin in 29 days instead of 174 days, even on a barren planet with no multiplier.

Another Idea, why not send mining missions to asteroid fields???
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: