Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 04:20:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Sith Order News Channel  (Read 28216 times)
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

May the Dark Side of the Force Be With You

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2015, 08:06:49 AM »

Greetings, fellow citizens of the galaxy!

I come before you with great news.

As you may or may not have known, a new player has joined the Sith Empire. And it's not just a rookie with big ambitions to become famous. He is an already-established Astro Galaxy player who has proven his worth on several occasions, resulting in him being put on the KOS list of several corporations. However, he has never given up. He continues to grow in strength, striving to survive in these harsh conditions. This new player is none other than Morgan.

"Morgan is one of the few players in Astro Galaxy that I actually admire," Palpatine said of the new member. "He has succeeded in establishing himself as a pirate, and his aggressive nature is one that will be very useful during times of conflict. After all, it is this aggressive nature that the very foundation of the Sith is laid upon. I also understand that he is on the Kill-On-Sight list of several corporations, and yet unlike many other pirates, he is still determined, defying all odds in his attempt to grow stronger. I am extremely confident than his recruitment will benefit the Order greatly."

Long Live the Sith!

P.S Raptor you were posting something, weren't you? Come on, don't be shy  14

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:23:08 AM by Palpatine » Report to moderator   Logged

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 12:25:17 PM »

And yet morgan has not been very successful in growing. For comparison, there are 3 other captains that started within a month of Morgan joining.
july 30sep 30growth
[SSS] Cylon (#5359)29,554,23647,928,07862%
[EOS] JimGalaxy (#5437) 21,514,933 43,923,800104%
[SPQNR] ... Raggnar (#5575) 14,056,868 40,856,482191%
Morgan (#5386) 1,508,620 1,572,732104.25%

As you can see, in the last 3 months morgan grew 4.25% vs 62%, 104%, and 190% for his contemporaries.

If he were to give up piracy and start doing SOS missions in the 4th ring, by the end of the year he could be between 5,000,000-10,000,000 power instead of at 1,639,569 total ships power.

My advice to both of you: You will probably be happier if you find a space combat game, a space exploration game like Astro Galaxy is designed to reward exploration and player cooperation, not PvP combat.  
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:45:59 PM by dkuhnkc » Report to moderator   Logged
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

Ć’uck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 12:38:18 PM »

Unlike Cylon/JimGalaxy/Raggnar, Morgan faced Jedi Master IcyBlue  punk rock
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 12:48:41 PM »

Cylon, JimGalaxy, and Raggnar are all members of the three largest corporations in the game.
Morgan is not a member of a corporation that is able to help growth.
The corporation SITH may, in time, be able to help their members grow.

My growth was slow while I was an active pirate (omg, did I finally admit it?). I didn't really start to grow until I forsake piracy for COM missions.  I always had mines.
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 01:04:34 PM »

Cylon, JimGalaxy, and Raggnar are all members of the three largest corporations in the game.
Morgan is not a member of a corporation that is able to help growth.
The corporation SITH may, in time, be able to help their members grow.

My growth was slow while I was an active pirate (omg, did I finally admit it?). I didn't really start to grow until I forsake piracy for COM missions.  I always had mines.

The SPQNR does not give combat modules to it's members, although it does give help in other ways, so the growth of [SPQNR] Draconarius DeCanus Raggnar (#5575) is all due to his own efforts.

Based on things sarges has posted here as well as PM conversations, I suspect but don't know that the EOS is similar with it's support of [EOS] JimGalaxy (#5437). I don't know what support the SSS gives it's members.

edit: similar to the SPQNR then. receive standard engines/cargo bays & 3-SLB-C. we also have a scout optimized corp ship to loan out for a week to give them a start in SOS searches. (plus lots of advice)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 02:34:55 PM by dkuhnkc » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 01:44:48 PM »

Jim was given the standard engines/cargobays. He was assigned a corp com vessel after he grew himself and was ready to move from mining to more a military stance (he still mines though).
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 09:39:51 AM »

As you may or may not have known, a new player has joined the Sith Empire. And it's not just a rookie with big ambitions to become famous. He is an already-established Astro Galaxy player who has proven his worth on several occasions, resulting in him being put on the KOS list of several corporations. However, he has never given up. He continues to grow in strength, striving to survive in these harsh conditions. This new player is none other than Morgan.

Are you aware that Morgan is included in the Syndicate's KOS list?  1
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 09:48:58 AM »

Of course.

The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 05:55:48 PM »

as well as an enemy of the Empire
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 07:20:14 PM »

as well as an enemy of the Empire

Along with the SPQNR. That means the 3 biggest, most powerful corps won't hesitate to open fire should morgan come out of hiding.

But then, hiding is in the nature of the sith.
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 04:48:06 AM »

Following the Syndicate's declaration of war on SITH, we have interviewed Palpatine, who said about the war declaration,

"Sometimes we have to think about who the actual aggressor is," he said. "SSS, or maybe I should just single out raphael, is a bunch of hypocrites. They say that they want to rid the world of pirates, but who's the one who started the war? Who's the one who monopolised 80% of Sol? Who's the one that is taking this opportunity to test out his new modules? His intentions are clear - to use SITH as a training dummy. Well, bad mistake. It will be evident later on."

The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 02:16:04 AM »

Following the new bounty that has been placed on SITH, Palpatine said,

"Firstly, 1.5x 4 million is 6 million. Get your Maths right laugh" Palpatine chuckled. "Besides, do you seriously think that we would leave our assets lying around carelessly? Hit-and-run tactics may seem cowardly, but it's one of the most efficient tactics ever created. So I'll give you the location of my Titan ship loaded with Science modules - Earth. It's worth a couple hundred thousand solars for sure, so how many QP do I get now? Your bounty didn't mention that Earth is an invalid location ..."

The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 05:13:12 AM »

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.  laugh
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 05:32:03 AM »

"Firstly, 1.5x 4 million is 6 million. Get your Maths right laugh" Palpatine chuckled. "Besides, do you seriously think that we would leave our assets lying around carelessly? Hit-and-run tactics may seem cowardly, but it's one of the most efficient tactics ever created. So I'll give you the location of my Titan ship loaded with Science modules - Earth. It's worth a couple hundred thousand solars for sure, so how many QP do I get now? Your bounty didn't mention that Earth is an invalid location ..."

a couple of hundred thousand, oh, golly gee whiz, I am so not impressed.
A science ship that has a maximum of 40-50 SLB-1's?
ROTFL laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I have 9 manufacturing / science ships in earth orbit. 6 of those are worth in excess of $300 million. The other three I am working on upgrading the SLB's, but each of those are worth in excess of $150-$200 million. ($2.5 billion)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 05:37:27 AM by dkuhnkc » Report to moderator   Logged
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 06:22:10 AM »

a couple of hundred thousand, oh, golly gee whiz, I am so not impressed.
A science ship that has a maximum of 40-50 SLB-1's?
ROTFL laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I have 9 manufacturing / science ships in earth orbit. 6 of those are worth in excess of $300 million. The other three I am working on upgrading the SLB's, but each of those are worth in excess of $150-$200 million. ($2.5 billion)

I wonder how long you have been in AG... laugh

The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: