Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 16, 2024, 07:13:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Super Nova explosions / Star life cycles completed  (Read 27525 times)
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

May the Dark Side of the Force Be With You

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 02:04:22 AM »

Basically this update is gonna wipe out all the dead weight stations (stations belonging to inactive captains) very quickly. Especially those in faraway uninhabited systems.
Report to moderator   Logged

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
NoBrain
Sergeant

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 04:45:00 AM »

* Explorers are able to stabilize a star using the new module "Solar Hydrogen Infuser" from a ship. Closer to the star is more effective.

How can you see the stabilize effect of Solar Hydrogen Infuser ??

Can the Infuser be placed on ships / stations / surface and still work ??

Today info on system screen "Star mass is stable. [-34.3]"
Wish "Star mass is stable. [-34.3], Stabilize effect. [1.0]"

This info would also be nice to have on station remote connection screen.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 05:11:03 AM by NoBrain » Report to moderator   Logged

Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 07:22:13 AM »

Like youse haven't raided those stations already 16
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2015, 08:00:36 AM »

http://wiki.astro-galaxy.com/index.php?title=Star_stability

The Solar Hydrogen Infuser module can be used to stabilize the star. Higher mark or multiple modules may need to be used to keep the star stable indefinitely. This module only works from ships.

If you see it gathering energy at the end of the day, then it means it's working. If you can match or exceed the star degradation, you should see the stability go up each day. For best efficiency, park the ship at the first planet in the solar system

NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2015, 12:00:14 PM »

The Solar Hydrogen Infuser module can be used to stabilize the star. Higher mark or multiple modules may need to be used to keep the star stable indefinitely. This module only works from ships.

If you see it gathering energy at the end of the day, then it means it's working. If you can match or exceed the star degradation, you should see the stability go up each day. For best efficiency, park the ship at the first planet in the solar system

Thanks
I'll make a stabilizer ship.13

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 01:48:36 PM »

Yeah, I can put a ship on 'picket-duty'...
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 03:08:18 AM »

Why don't the Orbital Solar Collector place the produced energy directly to the cargo bay ??

I can't see why I have to go to each of my ships / Stations and unload the fuel, but if the cargo bay it's full, then is the fuel stored in the module..

This also apply for the Crematorium and Solar Hydrogen Infuser..
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:20:58 AM by NoBrain » Report to moderator   Logged

RegnadKcin
Sergeant

Nunc est bibendum - Quintus Horatius Flaccus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2015, 03:15:05 PM »

Just a thought, but as Solar Infusers COST (or will cost) 20QP (or, $20,000,000), setting their "value" as $375,000 seems a bit of a cheat.
JimGalaxy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2015, 10:02:21 PM »

I could be missing it, but ... the "new ship optimization "Solar Powered"" ... this doesn't seem to be available from the Optimization list at the SOL Shipyard. Are there pre-requisites, or is there another location ... or ... ? Thanks in advance -
RegnadKcin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2015, 07:02:52 AM »

I could be missing it, but ... the "new ship optimization "Solar Powered"" ... this doesn't seem to be available from the Optimization list at the SOL Shipyard. Are there pre-requisites, or is there another location ... or ... ? Thanks in advance -

It's only available by buying the Experimental Titan (for 1500QP) from the Pledge/Donate/Completed page...
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2015, 10:22:39 AM »

I am not yet impressed by that particular optimization.

(edit -

6/6/2018 I am now. my seeker class ships are really developing death-rays)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:25:07 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2015, 04:19:33 AM »

I wasn't at 750 QP old syle, much less at 1500 new style...
One of the worst RoI rates in the entire game.
JimGalaxy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2015, 10:19:41 PM »

Hello SirEmi - when I first read the 'indefinitely' portion of your statement above, I'd assumed that it might be possible to keep a star from going critical - *ever* - with some certain base number of Infusers. However, data shows that the rate of decay *speeds up* each day ... so, adding more and more (or higher mark) Infusers only acts as a temporary stop-gap: they do nothing to influence downward that basic *rate* of decay, which continues to accelerate. I now take this to mean that entropy will always win, and every non-local star will always, eventually, go critical, despite our best efforts ... unless additional infusers are regularly added (and added, and added ... etc.). Can you confirm (or correct me) on this, please? Thank you -
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:34:53 PM by JimGalaxy » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2015, 11:03:14 PM »

There's a maximum decay the star can have / day, (-50). From the calculations, about 16 mark I hydrogen infusers should keep a star running indefinitely...

Hello SirEmi - when I first read the 'indefinitely' portion of your statement above, I'd assumed that it might be possible to keep a star from going critical - *ever* - with some certain base number of Infusers. However, data shows that the rate of decay *speeds up* each day ... so, adding more and more (or higher mark) Infusers only acts as a temporary stop-gap: they do nothing to influence downward that basic *rate* of decay, which continues to accelerate. I now take this to mean that entropy will always win, and every non-local star will always, eventually, go critical, despite our best efforts ... unless additional infusers are regularly added (and added, and added ... etc.). Can you confirm (or correct me) on this, please? Thank you -

RegnadKcin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2015, 06:32:44 AM »

There's a maximum decay the star can have / day, (-50). From the calculations, about 16 mark I hydrogen infusers should keep a star running indefinitely...

Is there also a "minimum" decay? I've had 5 infusers on a binary since day 3 and increased it to 10 on day 4 and the decay has been a CONSTANT -0.6...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: