Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 05:51:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Super Nova explosions / Star life cycles completed  (Read 27279 times)
NoBrain
Sergeant

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »

There's a maximum decay the star can have / day, (-50). From the calculations, about 16 mark I hydrogen infusers should keep a star running indefinitely...
Is there also a "minimum" decay? I've had 5 infusers on a binary since day 3 and increased it to 10 on day 4 and the decay has been a CONSTANT -0.6...
Sir Emi I have 20 infusers on my stabilizer ship in alpha orbit in my binary system, I'm losing -0,6 too...
They only produce 15 m3 fuel/day, so that should mean they work 60%.. so if I place 7 more my system should be stable again??
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 05:44:09 PM by NoBrain » Report to moderator   Logged

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 10:39:37 PM »

are all of you in the same binary system?
Report to moderator   Logged
RegnadKcin
Sergeant

Nunc est bibendum - Quintus Horatius Flaccus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2015, 10:41:56 PM »

are all of you in the same binary system?

I'm the only one in the system I'm testing in, I believe... Certainly the only one with a ship around the Alpha planet.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2015, 12:31:54 AM »

my testing took place in the new sectors
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2015, 09:11:55 AM »

It's quite possible that in the first days of a star that it will degrade at a constant rate per day.

This rate depends on how big the star is and it time, as the star gets older it increases with the age of the star until it reaches the max of -50 per day.

So if you're testing with a young dwarf star, you will see it degrades maybe -0.6 when it is young, while a red giant might degrade -1.5 and as it gets older degradation increases.

http://wiki.astro-galaxy.com/index.php?title=Stars

JimGalaxy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2015, 02:02:48 AM »

Stardate 2015-12-06: 01:57

JimGalaxy WarShip: Nimitz

"Science. Report."

... a pause.

"Sir ... the star's readings are showing more stable at the last pulse, but ..."

"But, what?," came the Captain's measured tones, radiating outward from the center of the bridge, onboard the Nimitz.

"... but ... the collapse continues. This star is ... "

The Captain gazed at the Red Giant, JUR 59500 ... at its red, bloated, hugeness. A nuclear force of nature that had powered an entire system, for aeons ... and now, a force, unleashed, that would wipe that system from living memory, now, within five short solar days.

"... finished," the Captain whispered. No other soul moved on the Bridge; the silent weight of countless thousands of years had settled, unwelcome, as it bid the few survivors, good-bye.

"... Helm," finally came the Captain's voice ... "Prepare to depart. This system is gone, now. But we have other systems ... yet to save from this fate."

As the Captain turned to leave the bridge ... a sound, beeping insistently, emerged from the Science Station. The Captain turned, still angry at the loss, to focus his wrath on this new distraction.

... and, after a few moments, the head Science Officer of the Nimitz, despite herself, began laughing quietly out loud. Before she could even be asked, she turned to the bridge, and cried aloud: "... it's stabilizing! The star is stabilizing now!! We can do it!!! Even after it's gone critical ... we can bring it back, sir!!!"

Even as the Bridge erupted in cheers and all-too-human chatter, the Captain turned, and looked squarely at the Giant star. Unheard in the chaos, he whispered two words, as a promise, from his flesh to that unthinking, unfeeling mass of energy ...

"... not yet." And, for once, the Captain allowed himself the smallest of smiles. Sometimes, he thought ... just sometimes ... humans *could* tip the scales of fate ... if they worked together hard, and long, enough.

"Helm," came the command. "Belay that order. We are here, for as long as it takes, to see this system ... to safekeeping." ... as cheers erupted, anew, from every station.
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2016, 01:52:49 PM »

There's a maximum decay the star can have / day, (-50). From the calculations, about 16 mark I hydrogen infusers should keep a star running indefinitely...

Is there also a "minimum" decay? I've had 5 infusers on a binary since day 3 and increased it to 10 on day 4 and the decay has been a CONSTANT -0.6...
Has this been answered?

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
Other_Bartel
Private First Class

Jazz Hands

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2016, 12:06:08 AM »

What systems are never going to go supernova?
What is the furthest out system that will always stay stable?

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2016, 09:00:02 AM »

just ring prime (SOL etc) and ring 1(next one out) are safe from Novae.
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2016, 02:45:45 PM »

After a star is critical and  starts its 7 day timer, what're the rules for stablizing it so it's not critical? If I remember right, I did stabilize a system which was critical. However, I'm currently trying and it's not stabilizing. It's almost below 500. It was in the 600's when it switched to critical.

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2016, 05:22:55 PM »

with enough infuser, at the time it reach over -500 (like -499) the star will not be critical anymore. Each infuser give +3 per day.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: