Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 01:34:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hello, my name is Kaelum.  (Read 4775 times)
Kaelum
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2016, 04:46:47 PM »

Hi. I started playing this game today. I barely know anything about it, but it looks like fun. Are there any experienced players out there that are willing to give some advice?
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 06:03:48 PM »

welcome to the game.

there are a lot of players available to answer your questions, all you need to do is ask.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 07:10:37 PM »

Hi, welcome to the game.

Like sargas said, I am one of those that can answer most questions.

Have fun
Other_Bartel
Private First Class

Jazz Hands

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 10:32:54 PM »

Welcome to the game!

kurama
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 11:44:55 AM »

hello Kaelum, I am Kurama a senator/member of SPQNR corp. I welcome you to AG. like ESC01 said, be sure to graduate the Sol Academy it will greatly help you learn basic things in the game. and there are a some things you can read at AG-Wiki.
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 11:54:16 AM »

Welcome To Astro-Galaxy. AG is different from other space MMORG’s, it’s focus is more on economics and exploration instead of combat. There is still lots to do, including mining, rescue missions and pirate hunting, just to name 3. Here are a few tips for someone still in the academy:
1.   Finish the academy. You gain lots bonuses, among which is a second ship.
2.   Use Quantum points to get and keep VIP first, then ships officers. You get more bang for your buck than if you use them to speed up a process for an hour. Make sure you get and keep VIP.
3.   The FTL and WHG engines are separate, you can use the FTL engines to jump around inside a system while waiting for the WHG to count down.
4.   The next to the last step in the academy (IIRC, step 20 or 21) requires you to vote for QP. As you have to wait 24 hours between votes, I recommend that you don’t vote for QP when the academy course first says you can, (IIRC about step 12-15) wait till you get near the end.
5.   Consider joining a corporation after graduation. You will get a number of experienced players that you can ask questions of, and most corporations give their new members some assistance in starting out. (to be determined by the leadership.)

SPQNR Corporation is accepting new members. I Enjoy helping others and want the game to grow, so will be more than happy to answer any questions you have, whether you join SPQNR or not.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: