Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 07:11:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: cost of QP via PayPal  (Read 8080 times)
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2016, 12:31:04 PM »

To buy a years worth of VIP and all 5 officers requires 1,000 QP, which even with the +20% still requires $81. I can walk into any store and buy almost any computer game for less than $70, so why should I spend $81 to gain a play advantage for a year.

Titan | Solar Powered
Cruiser | Wormhole shifter
Cruiser | Long range jumper
To buy a single pledge ship requires 1,500 QP, which even with the +25% bonus, requires $120. There is not a computer game in existence that I can’t purchase for less than $100, so why should I spend $120 to gain a single ship.

For purchase of QP with real money on paypal, something called the laffer curve comes into play.

If the price of QP is near zero, there will be zero profit because of the low price per QP.
If the price of QP is near infinity, there will be zero profit because no one will buy.
Somewhere between the two you will maximize the profit.

As long as the cost of QP is 10 cents, I will never buy any more QP. I doubt that very many other people will as well.

If the price of QP was 1/2 cent, so that $1 got you 200 QP, that would make a year of VIP & officers $5, and I defiantly would spend $5 a year for that where I would never spend $81.

If the price of QP was 1 cent, so that $1 got you 100 QP, that would make a year of VIP & officers $10, and although I doubt I would spend $10 a year, there would be others that would.

A pledge ship would be $14 at 1 cent per QP, $7 at 1/2 cent per QP. Here again others would buy a pledge ship at $14, and I would buy a Cruiser | Long range jumper at $7.

If you agree with me that you spend more real life money to buy QP with if the price was lower, consider copying this and sending a PM to in game support
Report to moderator   Logged
NoBrain
Sergeant

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 01:49:18 PM »

I agree...Copy sendt

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi
Raggnar
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 12:06:04 PM »

I would agree also. If QP was 1cent/per QP i would spend, probly 4 times a month more than what i do now. Because QP price is a little ridiculious, or at the very least drop the cost of things bought with QP by 85%.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: