Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 04:16:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: EOS harboring known enemy of SSS: Madden (ID: 4652)  (Read 14749 times)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2017, 09:22:48 PM »

So EOS, are you willing to give up your alliance with SSS because of Madden?

Just to freshen up everyone's memory: http://forum.astro-galaxy.com/index.php/topic,9258.msg76933.html#msg76933

SSS stations and assets were destroyed, ships attacked, and COMs were interrupted in the past, so I won't let this go.

This is unfortunately not a negotiation.

I just want to know: will you let him go or let him stay?
Report to moderator   Logged
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 10:16:56 AM »

If you're looking for a fight with EoS, might as well say it upfront instead of trying to find small, insignificant excuses to start a war.

I became a member of SITH, but I did not do much while there and was mostly inactive as there was a big war happening in another game I played. I'm quite sure I have not attacked any SSS entities during that time. Hell, my 400k power ships would not be able to attack your stations. You must be confusing me with Morgan's pirate raids (which you brushed off as not having any effect on you, anyway).

I hope you reconsider your stance on this.

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 03:53:08 PM »

I see nothing in your quoted evidence that Madden did anything to the Syndicate (only New Rome).

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 08:00:15 PM »

I see nothing in your quoted evidence that Madden did anything to the Syndicate (only New Rome)

If I see Morgan still a part of EOS within the next 48 hours, I will assume that you will let him stay for good.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 09:58:37 PM »

Morgan is not a member of the Empire.
The corporation named Sith is gone.
Your war is over.
Madden is not Morgan.

And yes, I do require you to back your words with proper evidence. (I am not going to just take your word, I will need evidence from all involved.)

So far you have not provided me a reason to question Imperial Citizenry.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 11:22:21 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 12:16:07 AM »

As you can read in lavis' post in the link of my first post above (http://forum.astro-galaxy.com/index.php/topic,9258.msg76933.html#msg76933):

Awesome, more people to blow up  12

and I replied:

Awesome, more people to blow up  12

laugh

That's the best proof I can offer right now that we had been hunting SITH, and during that time Madden became a member of SITH. SITH at that time was waging wars against all top corps, so when Madden joined, he too participated in SITH's attacks, and he too took attacks from us. Additionally, Madden was active in the forum, so there's no way he couldn't have known that we were at war with SITH, yet he still joined. That means that he willingly accepted the fact that he will become a target. He willingly accepted the fact that all top corps will be going after him. It's silly to assume that "hello all top corps, i know sith caused a lot of damage, and i know you are all going after them but i'm gonna join them anyway. so you won't attack me, right? plz don't." laugh

There should be other forum threads out there that will support my claim, but it's too bothersome to look for them now.  laugh

A war is only over if there is a proof that the enemy surrendered. If Madden makes a public apology and pays restitution, he can start clean. Otherwise SSS will continue hunting him until the end of times. Previous SSS enemies were too proud to genuinely, publicly surrender, and if he's like them, better play with a new account and forget the old one.  1m power can be achieved in about two weeks. 1

Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 03:36:08 AM »

Morgan was a part of SITH (which was a known troublemaker), and so whole of SITH became a target.

That means I attacked every SITH member on sight, and when Madden became a member, he just became another easy target practice.

I declared war to SITH on October 1, 2015, and Madden joined SITH on October 15 (both documented in the forum). Madden knew SSS was at war with SITH, but he joined anyway. War went on for many weeks, which we of course eventually won.

So come on, what do you expect? Do you really think I would post battles I have with every small fry in the forum? Do you think I'm the type of guy who posts "Hey guys, SITH has a new member, his name is bla bla and i hit him in bla bla, and he retaliated in bla bla, but we hit back in bla bla".. Since I declared war, more talk is unnecessary. We just massacre the enemy as usual. laugh

What a joke. Firstly, you did not win the war. You barely had the chance to attack SITH entities because Morgan was only used hit and run tactics. We did not have stations anywhere, and our ships were either in deep space or Earth orbit. I believe SITH actually caused more property damage to SSS thanks to Morgan's raids. You definitely did not win the war and could have lost lots more if Palpatine didn't go inactive.

Also, on that post you linked, I said this:

I guess I'm staying, though I'll be playing a bit more casually, helping the corporation funds and stuff like that. Good bye New Rome.

I think it's quite clear now that I did not participate in the war at all and did my own thing. I did not participate in any attacks at all, and I am very sure you did not attack any of my stuff because my stations were destroyed by SPQNR people less than 12 hours after I got kicked out of the corp. At the time SITH seemed like the only reasonable corporation to join because SPQNR had claimed I was a spy, and what other corporation would actually accept me with that pile of lies on the board?? I was also a little angry with SPQNR at that time, and thought SITH would provide me a good avenue to get revenge.

But things are different now, it's been so many months and honestly I'm okay towards SPQNR now. Morgan already left SITH, Palpatine has been inactive for months.

I still maintain that I played no active part in SITH's silly guerilla-style war, and will not issue any apology to you nor pay restitution.

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 04:18:53 AM »

Funny how you said this in another thread:

I actually forgot whether I really attacked you or not. Maybe a couple of unprotected stations or two? I really can't recall.

Do you happen to have anything to help refresh my memory?  confused

I hope to be able to start off with a clean slate again, but it's nice to see some attempt at warmongering from you.

I'm at EoS now, treat that how you will but this is clearly stated in the EoS board:

What happened before joining the Empire, happened before joining the Empire. All start in the Empire with a 'Clean Slate'.

I sincerely apologise for causing the loss of $100,000 worth of SSS property.

And now you seem to remember everything so clearly. How convenient for you.   1

Palpatine went inactive because he realized it was all futile.   laugh
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 04:38:58 AM »

Morgan was a part of SITH (which was a known troublemaker), and so whole of SITH became a target.

That means I attacked every SITH member on sight, and when Madden became a member, he just became another easy target practice.

I declared war to SITH on October 1, 2015, and Madden joined SITH on October 15 (both documented in the forum). Madden knew SSS was at war with SITH, but he joined anyway. War went on for many weeks, which we of course eventually won.

So come on, what do you expect? Do you really think I would post battles I have with every small fry in the forum? Do you think I'm the type of guy who posts "Hey guys, SITH has a new member, his name is bla bla and i hit him in bla bla, and he retaliated in bla bla, but we hit back in bla bla".. Since I declared war, more talk is unnecessary. We just massacre the enemy as usual. laugh

What a joke. Firstly, you did not win the war. You barely had the chance to attack SITH entities because Morgan was only used hit and run tactics. We did not have stations anywhere, and our ships were either in deep space or Earth orbit. I believe SITH actually caused more property damage to SSS thanks to Morgan's raids. You definitely did not win the war and could have lost lots more if Palpatine didn't go inactive.

Also, on that post you linked, I said this:

I guess I'm staying, though I'll be playing a bit more casually, helping the corporation funds and stuff like that. Good bye New Rome.

I think it's quite clear now that I did not participate in the war at all and did my own thing. I did not participate in any attacks at all, and I am very sure you did not attack any of my stuff because my stations were destroyed by SPQNR people less than 12 hours after I got kicked out of the corp. At the time SITH seemed like the only reasonable corporation to join because SPQNR had claimed I was a spy, and what other corporation would actually accept me with that pile of lies on the board?? I was also a little angry with SPQNR at that time, and thought SITH would provide me a good avenue to get revenge.

But things are different now, it's been so many months and honestly I'm okay towards SPQNR now. Morgan already left SITH, Palpatine has been inactive for months.

I still maintain that I played no active part in SITH's silly guerilla-style war, and will not issue any apology to you nor pay restitution.

WTF Madden? 13 13 13

You got offered the mother of all Get Out of Jail Free cards (" If Madden makes a public apology and pays restitution, he can start clean. Otherwise SSS will continue hunting him until the end of times"), yet a post later
you do the exact opposite and talk up the Sith's pathetic efforts, notably speaking of them as "We did not have stations anywhere, and our ships were either in deep space or Earth orbit".

I will openly admit a misjudgement on my behalf: I have, in recent days, at least twice voiced my feeling that I believed you fancied a genuine shot at redemption, in which case there'd be no better place for you than in the Empire. Instead, you're still the same disturbance agent you were in New Rome. I'm glad we removed you, and I would hate to see your antics cause an all-out war between our two biggest allies.
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 05:04:59 AM »

Raptor, I sent you an in-game PM.

I use the term "we" and "our" because I was indeed their member during the time of the war. I don't associate myself with them anymore.

When I know I'm innocent, I won't admit even if that means I get a Get Out Of Jail Free Card. I have not wronged Raphael in any way.

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 09:10:37 AM »

Madden, you are making this matter very difficult for the Empire.

I am sargas and I speak for the Empire.

Please do not add fuel to this fire.
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »

Madden, you are making this matter very difficult for the Empire.

I am sargas and I speak for the Empire.

Please do not add fuel to this fire.

To his credit, he did so by taking it to a PM.
I, too, shall withdraw from this topic, as like I said, the last thing I want to see is two very valued allies at each others' throat.

failed LLAP attempt -> \//
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 05:09:34 PM »

...If Madden makes a public apology and pays restitution, he can start clean....

Madden may apologize, how large a bribe do you have in mind?
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 12:16:49 AM »

...If Madden makes a public apology and pays restitution, he can start clean....

Madden may apologize, how large a bribe do you have in mind?

He already said that he won't pay restitution, so unless he changes his mind and states that he genuinely wants peace, answering your question will bring us nowhere.

I'm not sure why you're putting an effort on his behalf. We should be wary of people who don't stay loyal to their corp. laugh

Letting him easily off the hook is a bad precedent. If someone plans to go against SSS, he has to know that all SSS wars had the same outcome: complete SSS victory. I won't allow him to get even a tiny bit of present-day gain from going against SSS in the past. Going against SSS must result in a huge loss, thus the public apology and restitution. Why? Coz deterrence is the only true road to lasting peace.  1

Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 04:19:30 AM »

Okay, fine, I'll pay if the sum is acceptable. Name your price.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: