Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 09:49:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: EOS harboring known enemy of SSS: Madden (ID: 4652)  (Read 14756 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 12:49:02 PM »

...If Madden makes a public apology and pays restitution, he can start clean....

Madden may apologize, how large a bribe do you have in mind?

He already said that he won't pay restitution, so unless he changes his mind and states that he genuinely wants peace, answering your question will bring us nowhere.

I'm not sure why you're putting an effort on his behalf. We should be wary of people who don't stay loyal to their corp. laugh(You required my attention when you first addressed to the Empire (with a veiled threat) this very subject)

Letting him easily off the hook is a bad precedent. If someone plans to go against SSS, he has to know that all SSS wars had the same outcome: complete SSS victory. I won't allow him to get even a tiny bit of present-day gain from going against SSS in the past.(there are precedents in place) Going against SSS must result in a huge loss, thus the public apology and restitution. Why? Coz deterrence is the only true road to lasting peace.  1

red above signifies my response

again, how large a bribe do you suggest?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:55:19 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 08:08:39 PM »

(You required my attention when you first addressed to the Empire (with a veiled threat) this very subject)
--> I only wanted your attention about letting him stay or not. Nothing else. There will be no negotiation as long as EOS is harboring him. Again, the only attention I need from you in this thread is whether EOS will continue harboring a known enemy of SSS. Other topics can be discussed in other threads. Deadline will have a last and final extension of 24 hours. After that, I will lock this thread!

(there are precedents in place)
--> You're wrong. This was different. SSS officially declared war, and it's documented in it's own thread in the forum. This required my special attention because SITH did more damage to my members than other previous enemies.
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 08:24:54 PM »

I accept the deadline of 24 hours (ending a little after 8pm EDT).

This is not an attempt at negotiation. I am trying to find out how much retribution you wish him to pay.

You made the offer of an apology and payment of retribution.
...A war is only over if there is a proof that the enemy surrendered. If Madden makes a public apology and pays restitution, he can start clean. Otherwise SSS will continue hunting him until the end of times. Previous SSS enemies were too proud to genuinely, publicly surrender, and if he's like them, better play with a new account and forget the old one.  1m power can be achieved in about two weeks. 1

I need to know how much so we can end this.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:36:07 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 06:01:33 PM »

Good, you haven't closed this yet.
It gives me the opportunity to say what I feel needs to be said.

First, the issue with Madden is now a moot point.

I wish to address the way I found out about your objection. We are both supposed to be friends and allies. Why do I have to read about this issue in my morning newspaper? You know how to reach me privately.

So EOS, are you willing to give up your alliance with SSS because of Madden?

Just to freshen up everyone's memory: http://forum.astro-galaxy.com/index.php/topic,9258.msg76933.html#msg76933

SSS stations and assets were destroyed, ships attacked, and COMs were interrupted in the past, so I won't let this go.

This is unfortunately not a negotiation.

I just want to know: will you let him go or let him stay?
This was a very intimidating post (it caused some concern among the citizenry). It read (to both me and the citizens) as an 'or else' order.

Then there was no talking to you about it.

All I demand of you, AT THIS TIME, is a list of those who you decree cannot become members of the Empire.

That is a required absolute (as long as you feel the urge to dictate Imperial Policy).

If you have issue with my demands please PM me, as I will not be as understanding next time in the open forum.

fin,
sargas
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:25:38 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 08:29:10 PM »

First, the issue with Madden is now a moot point. --> I see he's still in EOS. Have it your way. SSS will conduct a thorough review of its alliance with EOS!

All I demand of you, AT THIS TIME, is a list of those who you decree cannot become members of the Empire. --> All known SSS enemies, but isn't this supposed to be automatic? What are allies for if you can't depend on them? If someone is an enemy of an allied corp, you shouldn't have accepted him in the first place. If you forgot about it then remembered it, you should have kicked him out right away. If you know he's an enemy and your ally wants him out, there should be no discussion. Negotiation can take place only if an enemy is not a member of an allied corp. If this is not automatic for you, then you treat an "ally" and any other corp out there the same.

If you have issue with my demands please PM me, as I will not be as understanding next time in the open forum. --> The posts and replies of this topic confirm the need to post them in the forum to serve as a reminder and a precedent.

24 hours passed. Topic locked.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: