Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 04:47:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Copying SPQNR  (Read 6497 times)
Pokeboy
Sergeant

Exploring Space and Humanity Simultaneously

View Profile WWW
« on: September 12, 2018, 07:00:44 AM »

You guys seem to have a good government going, so I am going to ask permission to copy the name and government of SPQNR in AstroEmpires. In AE, I co-lead a guild with 2 other people, and we are trying to come up with a name and government. If you do say yes, I would also like a copy of your constitution, which I would adapt to fit AstroEmpires. This could be a golden opportunity for AG advertisement, since I can also point people towards AG if they like SPQNR.
Report to moderator   Logged

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex
Galactic Commerce Association Founder

Dominus custodiet me, ut ab amicis meis epularer; Possum tractamus inimicos meos.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 10:01:29 PM »

pm their leader, RegnadKcin, with with any copyright questions.

It's not really the business of any other entity.

edit because it seems to be expected...

...sigh...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:03:57 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 12:19:49 PM »

I asked by PM at least a week ago with no response. Maybe I should never have asked? It isn’t like anyone here was going to ever know I named my guild in another game after theirs. But I can’t do it now that I’ve told everyone on the forums...

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

Dominus custodiet me, ut ab amicis meis epularer; Possum tractamus inimicos meos.
Gildavinor
Corporal

Master Gildavinor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 02:08:17 PM »

I don't think there's any copy-write on the guild name, but I also don't think our constitution, (which was written for a peaceful group in a game that makes PvP almost impossible), would translate well to AstroEmpires. I have played AstroEmpires and it is anything but a peaceful game ... In fact I would say it is built with PvP guild wars in mind.

Master - League of Extraordinary Pirates
Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 07:40:13 PM »

I realize that. That is actually kind of why I like it so much more than AE. It is much more fun to try to make everyone peaceful in the midst of a all out war game than to be peaceful just like anyone else. I want the feeling of being the only guild civilized enough to have laws in place, be peaceful, and give warning to people. I think that it is a true proof of greatness to be able to do that in the face of violence and war.

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

ESC01
Sergeant

Alien Hunter Ω

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 07:44:16 PM »

maybe a small fee for copy right laws........ 21
but than year later they sue you  for copying their name than a dispute breaks out and then war breaks out and then their than starts depressions on a cold war..than all our children die from starvation....
you may as well  rtfm

"Power To The "AG" Players"
ESC01
Sergeant

Alien Hunter Ω

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 07:45:51 PM »

pistols pokey sniper gun_bandana rifle sorry lol_sign cheers notworking

Gildavinor
Corporal

Master Gildavinor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 10:45:45 PM »

I realize that. That is actually kind of why I like it so much more than AE. It is much more fun to try to make everyone peaceful in the midst of a all out war game than to be peaceful just like anyone else. I want the feeling of being the only guild civilized enough to have laws in place, be peaceful, and give warning to people. I think that it is a true proof of greatness to be able to do that in the face of violence and war.
Good luck with that ... I mean that sincerely. You won't be the first to try ... Maybe you will be the first to succeed.  I still don't think our constitution will be of much help. The forum there is super active and very contentious.

I would make a suggestion, and it will be hard to enforce. Within your guild allow only 1, or at the most 2, members post on the forum. It will allow you to keep a more unswerving policy in regards to relations with other guilds. (I actually think that would be good idea here as well, but I don't set policy, we actually do that within our constitution)

Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 07:42:19 AM »

My experience so far with the forum has been that they don’t post about anything or they don’t take anything seriously and just joke around. I’m trying to stay off of it, since it seems that for a thing like this to start, what I need is new players, not old ones who already believe that AE is a war game (which it kind of is).

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

ESC01
Sergeant

Alien Hunter Ω

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 08:17:53 PM »

My experience so far with the forum has been that they don’t post about anything or they don’t take anything seriously and just joke around.
well do try to have fun and make it a point to have fun.....intill someone attacks a station,and or a planet with modules on it or ship,or mining station?? than we bring fire wood ,and fuel //// to post you on spot to BBQ ur ass to make point dont mess with ships!! dont mess with stations!! rtfm

Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 02:15:10 PM »

IK no one gave me perms, but I went ahead and did it, and I think I might get the name changed. The vote is underway. However, that means I don’t have access to your constitution and will have to make my own...

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

Gildavinor
Corporal

Master Gildavinor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 06:03:01 PM »

IK no one gave me perms, but I went ahead and did it, and I think I might get the name changed. The vote is underway. However, that means I don’t have access to your constitution and will have to make my own...
You are probably better off doing so anyway as things are so different in AE.  The basis is that our constitution defines offices that are in charge of various functions within the Corp., Defines the term of service and when elections are held. Sets up a grievance system within the Corp. Sets the amount of time a member can be inactive without 1st being put on probation and finally being booted. Things of that sort. I am not at liberty to give any specifics, but that's the general gist of it.

ESC01
Sergeant

Alien Hunter Ω

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 09:07:31 PM »

just do what I do ??
What I dont know I make it up on the way ...that has worked for me for 30 yrs.... 14

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: