Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 03:32:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Admiral Piet Hein policy on mining blockades  (Read 9456 times)
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2022, 01:54:49 AM »

Recently, I've noticed several inactive mining units have covered entire planets, shortly after a solitary marker was placed there under the mining covenant and etiquette.

These blockades are a significant nuisance to my mining operations, to the point where I shall henceforth consider them a form of economic warfare. I will allow captains 24 hours to remove such blockades. From 06:00 UTC on 9 April 2022, I reserve the right to execute special military operations to secure my interests.
Report to moderator   Logged
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 06:54:03 AM »

"That's hundreds of planets that are not being mined, but where every player in the game has to avoid placing any mining units, just in case one of you guys wants to get round to mining them."

Not the case. If SPQNR, or anyone else, were properly mining something there, you wouldn't hear anything from me. The fact, however, is that those units were placed there in response to CH putting up a marker. A marker, as everyone is aware of, is NOT a claim to an entire planet, but to a specific deposit. Now, those deposits AREN'T being mined by those filler mods. Which is just as well, because THAT would be considered an act of war after the various warnings given on this issue. Which, incidentally, pre-date the moment CH may or may not have made COM life more difficult for SPQNR.

It was never our intention to break up with SPQNR, but the unfortunate fact is, that the backtracking on the Scorched Earth proposal ensured the once glorious Republic became a soft target for c*nts like caker. With whom SPQNR relations seem remarkably cordial these days. CH and I *haven't* forgotten his crimes, and AG's reluctance to correct them. If it's a pirate's game they (Sir Emi included) desire, a pirate's game they'll get.

Personally, I've not knowingly frustrated the Senate's cause so far, but consider this my notice to you that the opposite (SPQNR frustrating my cause) is now increasingly the case. That requires a counter reaction. The severity of which will be proportional to the trouble it gives me. I do not intend to blow blocking units that are actively watched by an SPQNR ship or station. That, to me, would signal it is a bonafide mining operation, not an economic blockade. Unaccompanied mining units will be treated as the latter.

Furthermore, I should like to add that "cheating" is a point of view. No one in SPQNR seemed to have a problem with automated deposit finding or intel gathering when it suited New Rome and its growth objectives. Nor does the formal rule on not exploiting flaws in the game (Dark COMs, anyone?) appear to be included in SPQNR's current view on what constitutes cheating.

On a final note: we don't hate the game. We hate the fact that its mechanics do not allow proper dealing with thieves. There used to be a time all Romans agreed on that.
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 01:27:27 PM »

Would that be the same influence that let a 5-0 lead slip through its fingers when the Senate voted on Scorched Earth?
I think that was the last time I tried politics in AG.  19

You know how much I value loyalty. It takes a lot (so I guess I'll have to give credit to caker for achieving that) to leave my team. And LOEP is my team now. Even a full-scale war with SPQNR will not change that. Nor will it change the fact I'd be delighted to share a few pints or a fine wine with youse at any time. But it seems inevitable our AG paths have diverged too far to avoid in-game conflict.

Like I said: personally, I won't attack mining units that are accompanied by a ship or station in orbit. If they're not: I hope it won't be more than mk-I units that prevent me from mining deposits I paid for.
zokikrk
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 02:33:04 PM »

CH has droped more than 100 Coms over me. But lately he atack my Stations with My Ships there. That stations was without pirate ships(60 days).I was in middle in colecting them.First battle over and waiting another 20 min.He came and took my station.
He directly steal from me more than  10 bilion solars. Because my ilegal mode somethimes are more than 3 b solar each.

He must stop this.I have respect for what he doing for me when i was newbie but it is over.
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 04:42:30 PM »

CH has droped more than 100 Coms over me. But lately he atack my Stations with My Ships there. That stations was without pirate ships(60 days).I was in middle in colecting them.First battle over and waiting another 20 min.He came and took my station.
He directly steal from me more than  10 bilion solars. Because my ilegal mode somethimes are more than 3 b solar each.

He must stop this.I have respect for what he doing for me when i was newbie but it is over.

AG has become a pirate game..
I only takes station(s) with none in orbit.. (Then I arrive) and you dropped a COM on me claming that is was you COM, but you was not in orbit..
Except if I come across 0 power station(s).. I'll take it out..
But If your doing the COM, why can I take out a 0 power station(s) before you can ??

My goal is to make sure that PF, Caker and his alts, don't get any income and if I can take out a station, right under your nose, he can too..

I had respected SPQNR, but then you started blocking all stations slots and extream exploiding of a bug in AG.. (I lost it)

I only drop coms on COM's blocking all Stations slots.. You interup my income and I do yours too..

SPQNR DarkCOM explained:

Use you biggest ship to collect Nest COMs.
Start as many Looter COMs as you can on the same place..
Wait 90 days and the ships leave the stations alone.
Take out the stations and get the loot (iligale mods etc)
Destroy the stations and get the revard..

My lates intel Top 20:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 09:44:17 AM by NoBrain » Report to moderator   Logged

Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 04:56:51 PM »

Just to clarify: I'm not here to broker any kind of deal. Like I said: I'm done with politics.
I appreciate everyone wants to play the game the way they see fit. That used to work, until the balance was upset by methods that are arguably a federal crime in the real world. Ultimately, three people were willing to stand up to that. The rest de facto accepted the events of late 2020 by their failure to at the very least continue to actively hunt down the main culprit. It is well documented that many did so because they were, and perhaps still are, incapable of defending their own interests. In doing so, they pushed away the best intel gathering and pre-emptive strike capability in AG.
Ironically, this could now lead to direct conflict between two sides who can hurt each other far more than the root cause of this BS ever could (not least because most of us are, at the very least, capable of producing our own combat gear rather than having to steal it). But I won't be negotiating anything on anyone's behalf other than my own. And from my point of view, *I* am (partially) stopped from mining claims I paid for, which have therefore become my in-game property. The only thing I will make sure of, is that I *can* continue my way of playing the game. I understand others will not be happy with some of CH's actions, but that must be taken up with him. I will not be a pawn in such a game of chess. By trying to force me into such a role through mining blockades, I'll only be pushed further towards the hawks. If, for the sake of protecting less evolved Senators, an uncomfortable co-existance with the likes of caker was chosen, I would urge SPQNR to consider what damage *I* could do when actively sabotaging anyone's operations.
zokikrk
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2022, 11:57:54 AM »

CH(NB)  I was buying and mining those PT from the Deposit list.Now i can't enter Deposit List(probably you changed password).You have no lose from my stars.I always payed.If u want to mine some PT on my teritory just let me now.If u give me access to deposit list i will continue with buying those PT and u will have no loss.

And yes before u attack Stations without ship there(i mystake for 1  day when the looter ships go[and u know that that is my stations]) BUT before 2 days u attack 3 different planets with stations WITH MY SHIPS there.
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2022, 12:43:29 PM »

CH(NB)  I was buying and mining those PT from the Deposit list.Now i can't enter Deposit List(probably you changed password).You have no lose from my stars.I always payed.If u want to mine some PT on my teritory just let me now.If u give me access to deposit list i will continue with buying those PT and u will have no loss.

And yes before u attack Stations without ship there(i mystake for 1  day when the looter ships go[and u know that that is my stations]) BUT before 2 days u attack 3 different planets with stations WITH MY SHIPS there.

zero power stations.. You had collected the loot..

Captain Harlock   Pirate looter   ARJ 2288->S/ARJ 2288 G3    xxxxxx   0   0.00% / 0.00%   05-Apr-2022 17:20
Captain Harlock   Pirate looter   ARJ 2288->Alpha ARJ 2288   xxxxxx   0   0.00% / 0.00%   05-Apr-2022 17:19

caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2022, 05:19:13 PM »

Friendly reminder to LOEP to avoid their all-famous God complex...

PF has committed to ceasing hostilities against virtually all major realistic targets... this LOEP has not done, and is even turning its back against former friends...

Is peace that difficult? You make your decisions.

I personally find it quite remarkable that LOEP is so diehard in their attempts to get us to not receive any revenue, that they are willing to piss off SPQNR

They know this is counterproductive as it will force PF into piracy, instead of generating revenue appropriately. They also know that this behavior disrupts SPQNR, and finally they're aware of the fact that if SPQNR is sufficiently disgruntled there is a nonzero probability that they might requisition our services in disposing of LOEP (personally, I find this to be quite the symbiotic relationship - we don't need to waste resources on intel, SPQNR can push LOEP's attention back to us, LOEP can get the worst of both worlds)

And they wish to do what exactly? We hold all the cards here - most of us are on and off with AG, and so we are effectively free to do as we please when we please. It is impossible to get us "off" AG - we might just come back three months later, trash some of your "bases", and go off again. Our research framework is concentrated within single-payer, single-producer research, which gets us leaps and bounds ahead of distributing corp resources in terms of science and production.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 05:47:29 PM by caker18 » Report to moderator   Logged

Heyo! Join PF for a 30 QP compensation after 3 weeks and confirmation that you're going to stay!
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2022, 06:18:51 PM »

You have already committed numerous acts of war against us, and we are trying to be magnanimous by drawing a line under that, so we can resolve this peacefully, to the economic benefit of both of us.

Are you interested in negotiating a settlement, or are you bent on war?

Settelment you say...

All I see is just bend for SPQNR.. and recive payment to look the other way..

I'll not do so...

We can't make any treaties as We a pirates in a pirate corp..

Choice is still up SPQNR..

PM from Herod.
>[SPQNR] Herod(#8449)
>06-Mar-2022 09:08
>
>
>
>You are a trader as well as a pirate. If you weren't a trader, you wouldn't have a mining agreement or expect people to respect your markers.
>
>As a pirate you can't have a treaty, but as a trader you can have a private trading agreement. I am offering to pay you 1000QP per month (starting today and on the first of every >month) if you don't collect any coms or >start/drop any coms in 1,-3 or 2,-3.

Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2022, 10:21:52 AM »

Friendly reminder to LOEP to avoid their all-famous God complex...

[blah blah]
We hold all the cards here

Pot. Kettle. Black.

But I guess you just had to rear your inbred head.
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2022, 01:39:18 PM »

But be aware they're tougher cookies than you'd expect at first sight.  19
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2022, 02:57:09 PM »

I had a couple of stalemates, but all my fault. Mis-calculated the required power (manually  19).
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2022, 05:02:48 PM »

I restart all my coms at least a week beforehand. For the past year, when Harlock dropped little coms on me, it was only an irritation.

Now, for the first time, you've dropped a com on me that I can't fight.

I now have no reason to continue fighting coms, and my only motivation to remain in AG is to expend my entire energy on totally f**king up your game.

I have two trillion solars in the bank and no need to earn any income for at least couple of years.

I hope people reading this thread appreciate how I've tried to be reasonable and done everything I can to avoid conflict and persuade Harlock to play fair.

Harlock, you now have 24 hours to agree that you will no longer drop any coms on me or else I will give up fighting coms completely, go dark and devote my entire energies and considerable resources to f**king up everything you do.

You can attack my ships in the next 24 hours, but I can rebuild everything instantly without it touching my savings.

Please note: I am not speaking for SPQNR, but for myself only. I am happy to leave SPQNR if it means you focus your f**kery on me rather than other members of SPQNR.

I think some one is using the conflict and my Name..
My COM collecting ship only has Total power of 321,286,928.. But just blame me anyway is easier..
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 05:19:28 PM by NoBrain » Report to moderator   Logged

NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2022, 05:23:20 PM »

Are you saying you haven't dropped a large com and a small com on HDU A1? If you say you haven't, I will accept your word.
2022-03-19 08:17:18 was the last drop on S/HDU 27744 A1

2022-04-01 10:50:02.503187
2022-06-24 09:38:06.000000
Q (2,-3)
HDU 27744
S/HDU 27744 A1
2022-03-19 08:17:18.000000

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: