Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 06:29:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Combat Ship Setup  (Read 4151 times)
Madon
Private

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2023, 04:29:09 AM »

This may be a long shot because this platform isn't incredibly active these days but I'm looking for a bit of advice from the elders who still poke in here and there

On your SOS Combat ships Is there a certain manpower-to-shield ratio you shoot for? Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems combat modules mostly come down to marines for attack and shields for defense (since weapons only shoot once and can miss, and armor must be repaired if damaged).

Just looking for a more optimal build for blowing these pirates out of orbit
Also figured someone should wipe the dust of this forum  laugh
Report to moderator   Logged
lavis
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 12:10:10 PM »

So I have my com setup like this. Has worked for me since the dawn of time, Think I have the lowest ID in the game atm lol

1x living quarters (hold some extra people incase I get attacked and lose my engine dudes lol) Otherwise dunno if anyone cares to have this?
12x cargo
38x marines
46x shields
1x wormhole
1x ftl
1x safety override 80-100% (sell all rest)
Madon
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 09:19:47 AM »

Alright, and when you just give amounts of marines and shield modules, how powerful is one compared to the other? are your shields a higher mark compared to your marines? or are they the same level?

would this example work for 38x MAU Mk D and 46x SHG Mk D? or is this not enough shield for the amount of marines?

Maybe I'm looking too far into this but I'm mostly looking for a good benchmark to shoot for in terms of weapon stat vs shield stat
NoBrain
Sergeant

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 09:07:58 AM »

In my old day  12 @ SPQNR, it was use darrels sheet.
result
My Camouflage Battlecruiser
lVQ, WHG, FTL, ACB, 17x MAU, 5x AES
I used ~50% MAU + ~50 % Shield = total power of COM.. No Override. took up a slot
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 09:16:55 AM by NoBrain » Report to moderator   Logged

Madon
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 05:53:10 AM »

Really, I wouldn't have expected a camo battle cruiser. The bonus dodge really beats out the boarding ship optimization? Again I don't have nearly the mileage on this game as you guys but that comes as a shocker, but I suppose it saves on shields
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 11:13:02 AM »

Really, I wouldn't have expected a camo battle cruiser. The bonus dodge really beats out the boarding ship optimization? Again I don't have nearly the mileage on this game as you guys but that comes as a shocker, but I suppose it saves on shields
most have weapons, can't hit you, if you dodge. 21

Herod
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 06:25:01 AM »

For fighting Hijacker coms, I used a Battleship (hull IX) with Improved Shields. No weapons, but with an AES:MAU ratio of 2:3. For example, 10 AES-M for every 15 MAU-M. If you had higher level AES, you could double up (for example, 5 AES-MM is the same as 10 AES-M). This is not the case for MAU, though, as MAU suffer from fatigue, so a few smaller MAU may be better than one big one. This combination tends to work for anything unless you are very unlucky in encountering 5 or 6 pirate ships all with improved armour. In that case, MAU are sometimes not enough – or the battle would take longer than the 60 days.
Your maximum ship power for collecting and fighting hijacker missions is around 150 million. If you go any higher, you risk not being able to fight the ships within the maximum 60 days, which will give you nothing.
To collect all the POW, I'd look to have at least an ACB-MMMMMM on board (or 3x ACB-MM). A Safety Override (SO-LCCVII) is also useful.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: