Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 07:49:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hello, I'm Sir Emi  (Read 20121 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: September 11, 2012, 11:00:38 AM »

Hi,

I am Sir Emi, the creator of the game.

We're just recently launched Astro Galaxy after 3 years in development. It's a really awesome game I think, the stars around our Solar system are the real stars, with accurate distances and star types. As you go deeper into space, you will reach unexplored regions, that's where it gets really interesting, but I'll leave it for you to find out  1

I have a lot of experience in developing browser games, you can check out other games developed on our business website: http://etvirtualworlds.com/

For any problems or questions, feel free to message support in the game, or on the SOL Corporation message board.
Also my ship "The Ambassador" is orbiting The Moon, if you need any info.

Thank you for reading.
Report to moderator   Logged

Felistia
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:05:24 AM »

Hello. I am Felistia. I started the game a week or so ago. I've been waiting for an email that I never got. It dawned on me that I had to register for the forums separate from the Astro-Galaxy game. If I didn't have to I hope I haven't broken any taboos. Anyway I am enjoying the game. I'm not getting anywhere very fast but I figure when you're going to the stars it takes a while. I hope to meet up with some of you out there and I hope that the ones I meet aren't pirates. I'm not going that direction and I want to work with others who want to be peaceful explorers and miners. Thanks for listening. Felistia
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 12:32:52 AM »

Hello. I am Felistia. I started the game a week or so ago. I've been waiting for an email that I never got. It dawned on me that I had to register for the forums separate from the Astro-Galaxy game. If I didn't have to I hope I haven't broken any taboos. Anyway I am enjoying the game. I'm not getting anywhere very fast but I figure when you're going to the stars it takes a while. I hope to meet up with some of you out there and I hope that the ones I meet aren't pirates. I'm not going that direction and I want to work with others who want to be peaceful explorers and miners. Thanks for listening. Felistia

Welcome to the game.  Just to let you know not all the pirates are bad people. I am one of the nicest people you can meet. I don't pirate near as much as I used to. These days it is mostly to help keep people on their toes. lol. That said there are some pirates that aren't so  nice.
sargas
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 01:09:39 AM »

Welcome to the game.

I am a miner, not a pirate.

I may be a claim-jumper, horse-thief, scroundrel and scallawag, but I am no pirate.

...giggle...

Feel free to ask me any questions and I will try to help...
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 09:22:20 AM »

Don't worry Felistia, as long as you don't attack other players you should be protected against piracy / attacks from others for up to 30 days from the start.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »

Don't worry Felistia, as long as you don't attack other players you should be protected against piracy / attacks from others for up to 30 days from the start.

Felistia has already pointed out that blackmoon has attacked him/her. So this person has either attacked others or joined before you added that additional protection for newbies to the game.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »

Welcome Felistia.

I am commander of IMG (Independent Miners Guild). We are always vigilant against piracy while we conduct our daily routine of mining and exploring. The pirate crews to mainly watch out for are PMI and PRKL. They will raid you in a heartbeat if you leave anything unprotected. Some will also just kill you for sport.

Beware of the smiling assassin!

As a miner and non combatant, you come under our golden rule that no one from my corp will strike you, and also offer you protection from piracy if your holdings are being hit.

Feel free to PM myself or my Second in command, Aysle, should you need assistance against any piracy scourge or infestations

Safe flight

Dadds,
Commander-in-Chief [IMG]

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 01:17:39 AM »

Believe it or not Dadds I hardly even raid people anymore.  I do it maybe once a week if even that these days. No one else in PMI has been raiding to my knowledge either.  Though I won't forbid them from doing it if they want.  As for offering them your protection.  We both know that protecting anyone in this game is pretty hard to do. Best shot you got is in a corp with a corp ship or if a corp member can notify you fast enough of an incoming attack that isn't sped up with QP.  Best way to protect someone is to teach them how to become better players and protect themselves better.  Best way for them to do that is to just not mine in Sol. I think most of the pirates likely operating in that area now regularly are ones that are in the Sol corp themselves. So if your in there or corpless they can see if you are online or not. Not that most of them probably even think to check that.

Felistia there is list of tips I put on on the forums here that should be helpful to you if you haven't already read them. I wrote it up to try to help newbies a little.  I might be an occasional pirate but I don't mind helping out newer players.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 02:30:43 PM »

haha JamJulLison. "i hardly even" sounds to me like someone who doesnt know who they are any more. Someone affected by drugs or mental issues. Either you are a pirate or your are not. You cant be a part time pirate. Do you know how many times i have raided anyone? that answer is zero (if you define raid as attacking innocents who have no conflicts with our corp). You feel you are an educator to the new guys by hitting and raiding them? Yeah, you teach them to hate...hate the game, and hate you. And some turn feral because of it, they do the same to others. Not what i would call a good education. We as a corp can, and i repeat, CAN protect others if they ask of it. Of course if they are being hit in sol space naturally we would assist them for relocation to a safe zone. With corp ships available now, we are much more versatile than we were previous. When we say, "we will help" we mean it. All partitioners for help just need to contact us. Since we dont get any messages, my guess is people dont want help

Dadds [IMG]

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 12:50:15 PM »

My raiding teaches them to be on guard and more alert. Something which I think we both can agree can help. Some people don't need my help in this but there are some who need to good kick to teach them.  As for being a part time pirate. Yes I am still a pirate, but I don't engage in piracy much anymore.  It just isn't worth it at where I am in the game to do it.  I do like a weekly pass through Sol and that is pretty much it. It's been about a month since I went raiding outside of it.  Not counting the attacks on Raz of course.  Raiding also helps to keep things interesting in the game.  The game gets pretty boring right now for most people as is.  If no one is attacking each other and living peacefully the game would become completely boring.  If they get bored with the game they will quit too.  Fear of boredom is why I haven't completely quit pirating yet.  Also if someone is going to rage quit over being attacked, then they will likely do the same with other aspects of the game such as COM missions which have become incredibly frustrating at times. As for protecting them.  If they are in your Corp, doing so with a Corp ship isn't too hard provided you got a Corp ship in the area or one of your own.  But it may not do much good if they are outside of your corp. First off whoever they contact in IMG would have to be online. Second they would have to be able to take control of a corp ship that is in the area or send their own to help. Most of the time the people I hit in Sol aren't even online. The ones that do don't usually have a lot of time to respond unless they are  using a ship.  In which case it is better they pack up and move out before the attack goes through. If for some reason they can't get the stuff off their planet, next best step is to empty the mines.  They could contact one of you of course but there is a good chance my ship will have already struck and moved on by the time you even get there.  I am not like Tumppi. I don't come in with a large powerful ship and try to attack.  The attack timer on those are just way too high.  I have seen him try this with Morbius. From talking with Scion back in my days in OX before PMI, it seems him doing that wasn't unheard of.  That is why he hasn't really been a successful pirate. All that does is make it easier for people to either run, mount a defense or bring in help.  So defending from him isn't too hard.  From what others have told me, there were others like him in the past. EIMC eliminated them and made them quit apparently. Or at least that is what their former leader who quit told me.  They however were unable to stop Scion. The reason being he played smarter and was harder to actually defend against and hit.  The thing is I developed similar tactics as him on my own.  Just by using my brain and thinking I realized the best way to raid just as he did.  If he and I could do it, so can others. These will be the ones you will have trouble protecting people against. As you could said you could help them relocate. But there seems to be a lot that don't wish to and keep setting up in Sol despite repeated attacks. Some do it cause they want to do it to stand up to piracy. I can respect that.  But there are others that just are idiots. You can only do so much to help those particular people.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 04:33:32 PM »

yeah i agree with you to a point there JamJul. Some people just dont learn quickly enough. I do also agree the game needs all aspects of its features to indeed keep interest up. So i dont actually want to see the eradication of the pirates. Its fun waving banners at each other with threats of vengeance and such. It also helps factionalise players to choose sides etc. My repeated comments attempts to pull players to the light side, where yours attempt to pull them "to the dark side" lol Its empire and foundation all over again. I guess i just dont like wishy-washy pirates. I have seen them in many games. All glory and powerful and polite and there to "educate" until things get tough and they start getting hunted out of existence. Then they start crying and whining to the administrators about unfair play. Not saying that is happening in this game, but i have heard the "sometimes pirate" rant in many other games of similar genre to this. Pirates equipped with "velcro" tags that can be removed when they dont want to be engaged etc.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 06:05:42 PM »

One thing with me is I won't whine when someone hits me.  It's just a part of the game. Too many people in games like this do that or get too mad over a simple attack. I understand the frustration. The best way to handle it instead of whining or as some do run off at the mouth is just try to get some revenge for yourself. If you can't shrug it off and try to play smarter. This game has so much potential.  The main issue is the boredom. Which happens when things become stagnant and there isn't a lot else to do.  My primary hobby as of late has been designing new ships and doing SOS and COM mission.  I wouldn't quite say we are the dark side. We aren't really bad people.  Actually we are pretty nice. We are more the middle ground though since we have no problem with someone being a pirate if that is how they want to play the game.  This game is one where pirating actually can be useful for someone. It will become more so though if resources ever become limited. Which is why I have stopped mining. I figure it is best to save all those nice resources for when we need them. Not to mention more money is typically brought in for SOS and COM missions.  Hell SOS escape pods are how I am paying for my VIP and officers and i still have plenty of left over to spare from them.  Something that frustrates me though is people always tend to think of pirates in these games as bad guys. If say a pirate were to ever rise up in points and decide they just want to destroy everything, I actually would likely not let them in our Corp. Destruction is not what I am about or the others in our Corp. We are just a friendly Corp who believes all aspects of gameplay are acceptable as long as it helps to bring in a profit.  Since I am larger player now, I feel I should do what I can to help out newer players. Take blackmoon for example.  He asked me a lot of questions early on. I gave him advice. Taught him a little about pirating.  Even showed him those list of suggestions I put up on the forum.  Despite all that he tried to set up some mines and science labs in Sol. I realized that I would have to show him why it was a bad idea. So I did. I haven't really seen him mining or setting up science labs in Sol since then. So I am guessing he learned.  For that I am glad. The game needs more good active players.  Though I didn't purposely seek out his stuff.  I happened to run across them on a sweep through Sol. lol. Interesting enough I did see one of Aysle's ships on one of my sweeps. Aysle jumped though before realizing I had even been there. lol.
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 01:16:09 PM »

Hi,

I am Sir Emi, the creator of the game.

We're just recently launched Astro Galaxy after 3 years in development. It's a really awesome game I think, the stars around our Solar system are the real stars, with accurate distances and star types. As you go deeper into space, you will reach unexplored regions, that's where it gets really interesting, but I'll leave it for you to find out  1

I have a lot of experience in developing browser games, you can check out other games developed on our business website: http://etvirtualworlds.com/

For any problems or questions, feel free to message support in the game, or on the SOL Corporation message board.
Also my ship "The Ambassador" is orbiting The Moon, if you need any info.

Thank you for reading.

Thank you for the great game...1

But I must say, I'm getting a little frustrated by your absence!
I mailed you why it is important for me to know what enhancements a ship has. Duplicated ships are the end of my game!...the entire forum is full of suggestions.

WHERE ARE YOU?

If you are not interested in this game, then sell it. I'm interested.
If you don't have time, then assign a moderator, or even give the development in other hands.

SirEmi, you are not doing such a good job since the "nova update". I don't feel it can be launched like this.
You are the creator of this universe, you can be proud of that, you deserve it, but it is not that realistic, it's full of bugs, and especially too many clicks...are you abandoning us?

AG has lost a lot of committed players in the last year, i feel I'm ready to go too, I'm already looking around for a new game...
AND I AM A FREEKING 18H DAILY PLAYER!!!

I'm strict, and honest! Those that know me, know that's how I am...but i don't mean harm.
I have been on the forum only since a month now (read my stats) I gave a lot and could give more...but the development of this game is worrying me.

A very strait question. I expect a very strait answer (I am fantastically addicted to this great game, but worried about investing more time if there is no further development planed.)

>>> Are you still developing this game? <<<

I have seen clans rot because clanleaders didn't ever come online anymore, I have seen games burn out because creators never showed up again.
I have the feeling that possibly the AG server is switched off tomorrow.
...and, I do not like that feeling bro.
I hope my feeling is wrong. 1
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:13:32 PM by TEDDY » Report to moderator   Logged

Duh!!
Choose peace!
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »

TEDDY your are the one that put life in AG lately. I hope that you will stay with us.
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 06:29:42 PM »

Thanks for saying that mata,
But you know what happened to me today...it took me hours to fill a few factories. It's so completely boring. I chucked my phone on the table and said: "that's it!"
It's not the first time that the "click click" makes me freak out. I get so annoyed by it and loos interest in the game, cause all I'm doing is a repetition of the same clicks for hours and hours.. You know the feeling...

If I knew that possibly something about all those things that bother me are going to change one day, then I would be patient, I can be very patient. 1
...but I don't like waiting for a bus that will never come.

Duh!!
Choose peace!
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: