Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 02:55:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Prisoners of war  (Read 13016 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »

It is possible to capture enemy personnel during boarding / planetary ground combat.

The prisoners of war (POW) can be hired on the ship for half wages as civilians, if the ship has Living Quarters module, or marines if there is a Marines Assault Unit module installed. Also, the prisoners can be transferred between owned ships, stations and transported to Earth and handed over to the authorities in exchange for a bounty.

The POW can not be ejected into space or sold, they act just like normal passengers and you can talk to their representative via the cargo manifest.
Report to moderator   Logged

sargas
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »

you can't convert them to fuel either...

and ya gotta feed them...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 05:12:33 AM »

I am actually starting to save them back for in case I happen to need more people when I begin moving out into deep space.
sargas
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 05:02:03 PM »

thank you, I never though about stockpiling them...

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »

I just actually thought of it not to long ago myself. Once I did I thought it was a great idea. lol
sargas
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 01:05:08 AM »

hmmm,

will POW's add to the defense of a station (human shields)...

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 04:29:30 AM »

It would be nice if we could do that. But I don't think we can. But they can come in handy to replace crew members.  My cargo ships is now also a prison ship. lol
norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 12:13:47 PM »

stockpiling POWs has some pros and cons. they take up cargo space instead of LVQ or MAU, which is less efficient. but every ship has cargo bay, and not every ship has LVQ or MAU. they can be trained to be civilians or military, adding some flexibility. and they are much cheaper than crew on earth or in space
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »

stockpiling POWs has some pros and cons. they take up cargo space instead of LVQ or MAU, which is less efficient. but every ship has cargo bay, and not every ship has LVQ or MAU. they can be trained to be civilians or military, adding some flexibility. and they are much cheaper than crew on earth or in space

You act like I don't have LVQs and MAUs. I do have those. A ships should always have those. But it is always good to have some extra people to replace anyone that was killed.  As for the space they take up. It is 1 space per person. That isn't that bad. Especially when you have advanced bays.
WolfDoc
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 10:10:12 PM »

JJL first norill said it has its pro and Cons, norill is a numbers guy runs everything to profit margins, Im assuming  when he says its less efficient, he means it takes more to build Cargo bays then to build LVQ if u count what cost per person.. to build one LVQ means 1200 people u can store...but takes 12 regular Mark I to get that in cargo or mark like 13 to get that in a advanced bay....and will cost u more to store cargo wise then just to have them in LVQ, but he also points out its cheaper to use store POW then to buy a new crew...

And if u use ur cargo bays to sell stuff, which everyone does. then the space ur using for people and cant use for cargo costing u some profit
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:13:40 PM by WolfDoc » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 11:14:30 PM »

Advance Cargo bays are something a person is going to need anyways. Especially if they get into mining. They also come in handy for exploring deep space. You need a lot of fuel so you don't run out. Considering it is something you need, I don't factor those into the cost of this. To me those are something a person needs.  I consider the prisoners of war as backup in case I need to replace crew members when in deep space. Cheaper to replace with them. A lot cheaper then using the salvage vessel.  Also you need to do something with these prisoners of war. Sure if your in Sol you can turn them in for a crappy bounty. But a trip back from deep space just to return them isn't really worth the cost in fuel. I would rather store them back in case I need them somewhere.  If i were to get enough to a point where they took up most of my cargo bays, then it might be worth a trip back to Earth. It is too bad though we can't just eject them though. lol

BTW as for selling modules by having them loot the bays. I would much rather just prefer to do that by first setting up a space station and placing a cargo module on that. lol
CaptainBlackmooon
Private

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 04:25:43 PM »

Lol, stacking up my POW's they'll come in handy laugh
Clarka
Private

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2019, 07:20:43 PM »

how can I hire prisoner of war?