Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 27, 2024, 07:17:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ship type visualizations  (Read 4691 times)
Lovelace
Private

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2012, 05:25:13 PM »

One of the fun things as a goal, is trying to work hard to save up to eventually be able to upgrade your ship(s) to a larger type. However, even though it's practical to have more available equipment slots/tonnage, I was rather disappointed to see that all ships look exactly the same, apart from their sheer size.

My suggestion would be; wouldn't it be nice if various ship/hull types (all the way from shuttle to leviathan) would all have a different 'background' picture as visualization?  I'm not saying that the orbital view should change per se, but at least, the picture when you scan a ship or go to your module screen, can't that pic be more variable? All we have now is one design pic  that simply gets upscaled the larger your hull type is.

Kind regards,
LL.
Report to moderator   Logged
Destroyer19
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 08:35:29 AM »

I think its agood idea too to have different pictures of.differently ships also more ships would be good too.

J.warman
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 09:53:30 PM »

Yeah we have the SOL ship for now, but I plan to have alien ships too when an alien civilization is discovered and of course different models for bigger ships and sizes.

Also maybe some different images for the modules and when it gets installed to have it show an image of the ship.

Heretic
Private

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 10:07:47 PM »

when an alien civilization is discovered

Now, I have a strong feeling you wont answer this, but its worth a shot. By this do you mean that you are going to add aliens in the future, or that they are already out there in the game and nobody has found them yet?

Also, alien ships would be cool. Would they have other benefits or disadvantages besides just looking different from the SOL ship?

“There is a theory which states that if ever for any reason anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened”
- D. Adams
Brix
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 11:09:17 PM »

Also can we please add options in installing modules to its appropriate place in the ship and not anywhere we like it?

e.g.

Wormhole engine, FTL engine and combat engines should only be placed in the engine room/area.
Marines unit, and living units can be interchanged in multiples but in a separate area.
weapons, armor and shields also in separate room.
utilities such as cargo bays, miners and harvesters in another area.

These are determined by the size of the hulls. just for a better personal view of the ship while we're tinkering in it.  19
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 06:32:32 AM »

when an alien civilization is discovered

Now, I have a strong feeling you wont answer this, but its worth a shot. By this do you mean that you are going to add aliens in the future, or that they are already out there in the game and nobody has found them yet?

Also, alien ships would be cool. Would they have other benefits or disadvantages besides just looking different from the SOL ship?

He says he plans to add that. Meaning it isn't in yet.  I really do hope it is put in soon.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: