Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 07:52:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: We can minimize loss in planetary combat and add strategy.  (Read 22861 times)
Sheb
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 12:28:19 PM »

Well, I'm sorry, but no. Loosing your modules should sucks. Getting something back? Maybe, but only part of the value.

What I'd suggest is to choose between looting the modules (getting what's inside, but not destroying them) or destroying them and not getting anything. A choice that would be made by the attacker.
Report to moderator   Logged

Epsilon Indi Mining Corporation Associate
Bomale
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 02:36:05 PM »

Well, I'm sorry, but no. Loosing your modules should sucks. Getting something back? Maybe, but only part of the value.
What I'd suggest is to choose between looting the modules (getting what's inside, but not destroying them) or destroying them and not getting anything. A choice that would be made by the attacker.

wounded1 Loosing a module, is cost really MORE then the value for player owner to place this module in a system. He cost time too, prospection, etc...
          atention Leave the choice of destruction or not a module is a choice inaceptable, since I can still choose to destroy it.
          21 What I do in this situation:
                            I have a powerful ship, and no need for solars, and I'm in a system that a player has put several modules. I destroy, that's all.
                            I don't want to loose my time travel to come back in this system for looting.
              I can myself, or a very small group decided to destroy all the work of a couple of days (even weekends) of a player in a system.

12 Follow to this, so you can be sure I will not destroy a single one of these modules in futur,
                 player will leave the game or it will become a pirate too, and spent his frustration on another player.
                 Then there will be so many players pirates soon I will not have any modules or destroy a pillar in the systems.

There will be NO way for a NEW player to start in this game when the number of players will increase.
                 A nightmare even among beginners. If we want a progression in the game, it is above all give a chance to new players to love the game.

I think is better to capture and give more strategy in game instead of unnecessarily destruction.

Do you agree with this? Did you lost some module before ?
              If no, be pleased to give me your based system, I will or maybe another player will show you what is really the cost of loosing lots modules in system.

I say YES for refund the value of the module by the attacker. And I said NO to destroying a module.
       laugh   I say YES and YES for DOUBLE cost, 1 cost for the owner, and 1 cost for the developer of the game.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 02:39:43 PM by Bomale » Report to moderator   Logged

sorry Forgive my English, I'm French . I'm doing the best I can to be understandable, it is not easy.
         laugh Even my wife does not understand me when I speak. nono

Bomale
Sheb
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »

Well, it just doesn't make sense for a pirate to destroy modules rather than loot them. Plus if you loot them, you can loot them later!

Destruction is part of the game, part of the fun. The problem or new players not being able to compete is a real one though. But it goes further than just fear of pirate, what about space? Soon, we might not have enough room for new players to drop their mine, with everybody already claiming them.

One answer  is corporations.* New players can gain protection from older players. Another answer is diversification. We need more ways to play than just mining and pirating, so new players got something to do.

*And this is partly why I didn't loose too many modules yet. My fellow corp members got my back.

Epsilon Indi Mining Corporation Associate
Bomale
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012, 03:15:53 PM »

17 Hi,

12 I'm starting to think I'm a little near the only one that thinks this approach to protect the modules is more viable than the current approach to destroy them.

I have run out of arguments, I do not know of any way be said and dwelling alone, I cease to supply this topic.

19 Be careful and keep secret your system, there is only way for you to survive.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:58:22 PM by Bomale » Report to moderator   Logged

sorry Forgive my English, I'm French . I'm doing the best I can to be understandable, it is not easy.

Bomale
Sydney
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 04:11:13 AM »

Bomale,

Its very well to say the game 'should' do something, But at the moment I dont really see where you have actually explained HOW the game would do that.

I struggle to imagine anyway that the owner of a module could be compensated for its loss in a sensible way.... other than a money transfer from the guy that attacked and captured it, which doesnt really make sense if you ask me... why would a pirate, or someone your fighting a war with pay you repriations for your loss?

I also cannot imagine how you can make it more expensive for the person who captures the module to capture it than to build one themselves. You could make it so that repairing a module from fully damaged to fully repaired costs twice as much as its construction, but then a pirate seldom wants to keep a module for themselves, they are just going to sell it or scrap it, or if its not worth anything dump it in space. If your in a war and repairs are that expensive then my tactic would be to damage my oponents modules and then leave them there for them to repair.

I think i understand what your suggesting, but i cannot imagine how it can be done in a sensible way. without completly altering the style of game that AG is. Can you explain HOW you think it can be done.

Besides as Sheb mentions the risk that your stuff can be destroyed, that you can get into fights, and battles is a part of games like this, it is what attracts many players. I couldnt be bothered to play if it was another farmarama/pyramidvile set in space.

Syd Happens
Bomale
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2012, 10:07:28 PM »

17 Hi,

Insurance is not a solution is a remedy, and makes no strategy.

I proposed a simple way:
       No more destruction module but rather damages to module.
       Endommaged module (% with minimum operation) =
       1. Can pillar module.
       2. Option to capture module. ( * ONLY High cost = STRATEGY )

NOTE * : For the capture is not an indirect way to destroy one higher cost is required to move a strategic capture.

arrow WHY would cost's more expensive to buy on 'SOL' ?    
      4 BECAUSE it is simply a rule for the capture becomes a strategic action.
        In the same way as why:
          - the King moves only one square in the chess game,
          - we reclame is $ 200 when you PASS GO the Monopoly,
          - we pay a license for a ship or station,
          - we wait for jumping,
          - and more game rules,
          - etc...

The GOAL of this topic is to decide whether if we want to add the strategy in the game by removing the destruction of modules and set a high price to capture it.

I spend enought time on this topic.

laugh Thank you, for your contribution. I am dyinggggggggg.................
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:38:04 PM by Bomale » Report to moderator   Logged

Bomale
Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2012, 08:28:38 AM »

Bomale,

There is allways Strategy in the every game. Even if the only winning strategy is to not play in the first place.

Currently a Captain can decide to

leave planet side modules undefended.
put weapons and marines on the planet with their other modules.
Put a station in orbit above the planet with only a little defence
Put a station in orbit bristling with weapons and shields.
Use a war ship to defend your planets and stations
not put down any planetside modules on the planet in the first place

These are all different strategies, and Ive seen pretty much all of them in use. No one specific one is intrinsically better than the other, it depends on the situation and where the planet is located.

Im pretty certain that you dont need to have any defence for any modules that you put down on a planet because you choose to opperate so far away from SOL. That was a strategic choice you choose to make.

I dont see how making modules costly to either capture or destroy makes the game any more strategic, it just changes the strategies that you would use.

Bomale
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2012, 10:02:52 AM »

17 Hello,

You're right Scion, I had not realized he had all these strategies you mentioned in this game.

notworthy I am completely ignorant and stupid to have dared make such a proposal, also be sure that I will refrain from making any such proposal about strategy.

( Regarding this topic, well, we just put a better ignored or delete it if possible.)

smoke Space is cruel, and the game must remain realistic, so be it, stop the discution since captitaine has enough to do.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:05:16 AM by Bomale » Report to moderator   Logged

Bomale
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: