Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 05:40:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: An Army of Civilians?  (Read 10640 times)
Heretic
Private

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:56:42 PM »

So, i've seen this a couple places around the universe. Somebody will have a huuge station or ship, with absolutely zero weapons or armor. However, they have dozens and dozens of modules that employ civilians, meaning that there are thousands upon thousands of civvies on there. If one was to attack with a standard ship, equipped with the normal modules (an armor, shield, marines and a couple attack mods) would the civvie army win since it has an enormous Total Power? Or would the ship win, because it actually has weapons and marines?

I guess what I'm asking is, could the little Spartan ship, beat the huge Persian horde?
Report to moderator   Logged

“There is a theory which states that if ever for any reason anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened”
- D. Adams
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »

It's tough to say, especially if you attack the horde that is on a station / planet and they are fortified in there with much more hitpoints then on a ship... You may do some damage to them with weapons / marines, but when they hit you you'll have to take a huge chunk of damage...

Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 10:26:37 AM »

Depends If you have a few weapons and get good hits in you should do quite a lot of damage and will likely destroy them.

However if your unlucky you might find your wepons do a series of minor hits. And then your going to be toast when they do a boarding attack.

Personally i do think Civs do way too much damage. I also cant help wonder how they all manage to board my ship. First off i would assume that it doesnt have thousands of air locks, or that i forgot to turn off the 'open from the outside' controlls. secondly im not sure why this d**n attack computer insists that we land right next to them after the first volley from my guns. I think i prefer to soften them up a bit more before getting close. but i guess we have to live with these things. d**n computers.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »

Try to look at it from a perspective view 1

They are hoarding lots of small shuttles they use to travel between the big ships and planet surface. Once you start unloading the weapons on them, they'll start swarming your ship and deploy bombs on it's hull using the little shuttles. If you don't manage to destroy them before they reach, you get swarmed by boarding attempts and home made bombs get to your hull and inside trough the cracks and you may have to bail out.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: