Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 11:29:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: view members and corps  (Read 5851 times)
Vallo
Private

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »

Would it be possible for all players to view who is online at any given time? We need to be able to communicate with new players and recruit them. We also need to be able to view Corps and their members, so new players know what they are getting into by reading a Corp's description.
Report to moderator   Logged

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »

Some players would want that info private, very understandable as that is sensitive info for some corps, because you could make it so to attack when they have little to no players online...

But, you can view your friend list and corp members online status, you can use the forum for recruiting.

Also, with the new Earth com channel, you could recruit via the com chat channel...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:10:39 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:05:34 AM »

@emi Id not recomend allowing the alt so that you have access to sol corp chat. Its asking to be abused. Not having access to sol corp chat board is just the price you pay for leaving sol corp to set up your own.

With the new Earth Orbit Hail channel you will be able to recruit and chat with other players online. Note also that once opened, if you dont change the page in that tab you can still use it when your no longer in earth orbit.

I for one DO NOT want people to know when im online unless i specifically decide to let them know.

And for a real pirate, heck who cares if the target is online or not, if they are online then they may even make things a bit more interesting by turning up to defend their stuff, unless your scared that is.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:50:34 AM by Scion » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 08:10:07 AM »

Yeah I guess using the forum is just as good, I mean if they want a corp they can read the recruitment threads and there's Earth orbit public com channel.

Vallo
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 06:53:44 PM »

Scion, you and I both know that in every game we play we get to see who is online. I don't care about online hits either. Hell. I been hunting you for days and will kill you on or off line when I find you.  wow Knowing who is online gives us all an idea of how many people are actually playing this game. If it's only a few there's no sense plunking money down to play it. I've been hitting abandoned accounts all day. Small ships with no appreciable weapons or armor with ID numbers lower than mine. It's the same thing with the Corps. I'd like to know what they stand for, as a team and who is active. Sorry to admin but, this is just a simple fact of gaming. Personally, I like this game a lot. Wouldn't have spent the money I have invested, in such a short time, if I didn't. You want to make this game grow? Then give us the ability to know who is playing.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »

The game launched just 1 month ago, we're getting a steady grow rate and will probably get more and more players. There will be ample opportunity to hit targets as they begin to build bases and so on. We have about 15-20 people online at all times now, and the server should be able to support at least 500 online.

Better to build bases now, the competition might spring up soon enough.

I will add a counter for online people as soon as possible, probably in the ranking page.

Vallo
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 08:35:31 PM »

Thank you Sir Emi. I want to see the game grow and only you can make this happen. I know it's a tough job that you have. Peace out!

Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 04:51:37 AM »

Vallo seems pretty desperate to grow his corp.

Perhapes there could be couple of ways to achieve what he wants without showing ALL players online status.

There could be a page in the corp section called recruitment, That lists players currently under newbie protection, and if they are online or not (Or all players in the SOL corp)

He and anyone else could then use this page to drive their recruitment, and to open communication with new players, which might encourage more to keep at the game especially through the slower parts of the tutorial.

I think it is also worth saying that the automatic SOL corp membership with no tax rate and an unlimited size, with a larger number of people using its corp board discourages new players from leaving the SOL corp and joining another one, after all there is little immediate disadvantage to staying in it.

Perhapes something could be done here to encourage players to leave and set up their own corps. Placing a time limit on membership, or settign a 10% tax rate or something.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: