Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 05:16:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Game won't recognise I killed the pirates  (Read 2929 times)
Jaqvaar
Private

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2012, 03:56:12 AM »

I've already killled the particular pirates twice. I know already that unless you look at the report of the battle, the mission is not complete. But after waiting for the countdown twice (and yes, I remembered to "open fire"), I talk to the people in my cargo and they give me the coordinates again, and the battle starts all over. I even get different reports every time.

The only thing that might be causing this is that I picked up 3 battles on the way there, including another one in the same system. I think I did the first one first, but wasn't sure which of the other 2 was first. Maybe you have to do them in order? I went ahead and did the 3rd battle (everything fine), now going to try again.
Report to moderator   Logged
Lovelace
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 10:30:35 AM »

I have the same problem. signal contractors board and send me to a coordinate, i chat with them, pirate ship appears, i attack and win...and then what? I get a small party of war prisoners, and the original contractors STILL want me to kill a pirate, and in orbit suddenly a new pirate ship appears. Pfft. wtf? Please fix this, cuz this has costed me half the bloody day. and yes, i only had 1 mission, i didn't pick up multiple ones. Basic standard stuff this; a standard mission and we get bugs? Please siremi, check your code before you release it upon us. (using chrome, btw).

I just found out that not only do i need to look at combat report, i need to actually press the 'return' button at bottom of the combat report before the contractors recognize success. I am extremely disappointed at this terrible coding on developer's behalf.

Edit; thinking about it, I think there's an issue with a flag. a flag should be added when you kill the pirates, mission_complete=1 or even a flag in the combat report that flags it as being 'read'after opening. Though there should not be a reason why you should read a combat report before finishing a quest. So It's a flag issue. should be extremely easy to fix.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:27:56 AM by Lovelace » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: