Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 20, 2024, 08:30:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of ideas  (Read 2239 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2012, 08:00:05 AM »

Ok the first idea I have would be an easy one to implement. How about a list of the rankings of everyone in the game. Not just a top ranking and ranking near a players rank.

The second idea I know probably would be impossible to implement. Hell the calculations might be a nightmare but I thought I would suggest it anyways. As it is right now starfighters are just a weapon system.  I was thinking perhaps change that. Instead make them their own separate branch.  Have a starfighter bay that can hold starfighters. Make it so it is possible to upgrade these ships to new kinds of ships. Also in battles allow them to be treated as separate ships.  This would allow for more strategic battles, allowing people to decide if they want to use ships that use large amounts of fighters to aid them in the battle or not. Regular weapons would have a lower chance of hitting them Of course to help counter this, the other side can also launch fighter ships. Another method that could be added to protect against them are anti starfighter turrets. These would be useless against regular ships due to lower power, but accurate against starfighters.  Starfighters themselves would have low health so that destroying them wouldn't be hard. Of course the more advanced starfighters could inflict more damage and be harder to hit. Starfighter bays could be able to be installed on ships, space stations and planets. Perhaps since they might be designed to be more durable even on asteroids. This could allow people to protect their mining installations in asteroid belts better.  Of course they could also be useful in defending planets and space stations. I would also give them the capability of having a chance to shoot down nuclear missiles. Especially the more advanced fighters. Thus making full on Nuke ships less of a threat. Though I would say only give them a low chance at this. Otherwise nukes would become useless to use.

Anyways those are a couple of my ideas.  Like I said before, I doubt the 2nd idea would likely be added do to extensive calculations needed in the coding. But it would be a good idea if it were ever possible to implement.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: