Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 01:55:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: bounty and rewards  (Read 3859 times)
johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2012, 12:31:20 AM »

My basic idea is that there should be some mechanism that makes piracy dangerous.  I would propose that the SOL corporation puts a bounty on pirates proportionate to the value of the resources they steal/destroy.  This could be supplemented by private players/corporations.  That way even if I don't have the resources to go after someone myself, I can still get the satisfaction of seeing a copy of a battle report where the pirate gets blasted out of space.

Another way of implementing this would be a relationship with SOL corp.  That is, renowned pirates should not be able to sell off their booty on earth and be welcomed with open arms.  They should be forced to fence their ill gotten gains off for second rate prices, or should be arrested on sight if their crimes are bad enough!  The flip side of this is that reliable merchants/bounty hunters/ SOS mission completers should be given special rewards and discounts, should be helped by SOL corp.

Basically, there needs to be a way to keep pirates in check because frankly, I am considering leaving the game after losing a station/cargo that was half my worth, and not having any way of getting back at the guy who did it.
Report to moderator   Logged
Tumppi
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 02:30:58 AM »

Well i agree that there couldbe somekind of justice system.
But what you are saying are too extreme choices ...

Usual way is that players could but bounty on someones head...
Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 09:13:13 AM »

Unfortunately even with a bounty on my head you or anyone else will never be able to force me into a battle that your likely to win* Because I will allways jump away if the odds are not in my favour. Much as id expect any other sensible pilot to do.

If there were no safe zones, and a way to actually follow/track ships down, then bounties would work, and would be a nice addition to the game, as would some sort of law-level system

* Unless i forgot to put a ship in a safe zone while offline, or i get distracted and leave a ship in orbit too long ie, only when I mess up.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 12:30:49 PM »

Unfortunately even with a bounty on my head you or anyone else will never be able to force me into a battle that your likely to win* Because I will allways jump away if the odds are not in my favour. Much as id expect any other sensible pilot to do.

If there were no safe zones, and a way to actually follow/track ships down, then bounties would work, and would be a nice addition to the game, as would some sort of law-level system

* Unless i forgot to put a ship in a safe zone while offline, or i get distracted and leave a ship in orbit too long ie, only when I mess up.

I have to agree with Scion.  Catching a pirate off guard isn't easy because we are always on guard. When we go offline, unlike some other players, we use our brains and park our ships in a safe zone. With the rediculas amount of time it takes to set up some of the larger battles, there is plenty of time for us to jump. With my Leviathan it takes a ship with more firepower to be able to beat it.  Which means a higher timer.  Most of the time that ship of mine is in powered down mode. So all I have to do is increase the power to increase the timer a little. More then enough to ensure I can get away.  The reason I run my ship in low powered though is for shorter attack times against mines and weak ships.

meth A bounty system would be nice though. But only if they implement some sort of way to track ships. Maybe in system scanning. Though pirates would be able to use this to their advantage as well. As for preventing us from selling to Earth. If Earth is as desperate for resources as the story makes out, they can't afford to be picky about who they do business with.  Also how is the system to know who is a pirate and who isn't? The bounty system? If so then anyone can put a bounty on anyone and prevent them from using Earth. This would hurt players. In particular newer players. If you prevent all buisness being done between Earth and pirates new players wouldn't be able to buy and sell resources as needed from Earth and wouldn't be able to do transport missions. FYI, I am still a new player myself. Only been playing for a little over a week now.  If I can survive in this universe then you can too. Your mistake is trying mining early on. Mining just isn't very profitable in the early game. Especially in Sol. Your better off running transport missions inside Sol for a while.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: