Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 28, 2024, 04:48:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: station capabilities  (Read 6274 times)
sargas
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:27:55 PM »

can we have manufacturing bays on a station, please...
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 06:53:54 PM »

I like this as well. It would give another use for the space stations. Though space station owners would need to be careful not to let modules sit in their cargo bays for long once they moved them to the cargo bays. You wouldn't want pirates such as myself coming along and stealing them. lol
norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 12:11:42 PM »

id would like to deploy stations in deep space or safe spots
Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 01:25:57 PM »

ZOMG deploy stations to safe spots?

no way, its bad enough we got safe spots in the first place where people cannot be attacked without allowing people to deploy stations to them so they have absolutely no fear of attack....

hang on, i have no stations because i dont want to expose myself to attack, If i could put 3 Artificial moons down somewhere and know that it was impossible for anyone to attack them that would solve all my research issues, and i could focus all my ships on .... on....well not on looting other peoples stations obviously...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 06:10:57 PM »

id would like to deploy stations in deep space or safe spots

How about no? Seriously that would be dumb to deploy them in safe spots. People could build a bunch of large stations there and just load them with science modules for easy research. No need for science ships.  As for deep space, I am guessing your referring to in between systems. The only way something like that should be able to be done is if there is a way to actually find people and ships that are in deep space.
norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 02:46:59 PM »

safe spots are good thing imo. i wouldnt play this game if i had to worry about attacks every time i go to bed. keep in mind that being in a safe spot basically means idling and not making profit (not counting science). also putting a station in a safe spot limits its functionality.

regarding science - i think labs shouldnt be allowed in safe spot altogether, even on ships.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 01:39:15 PM by norill » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 06:18:54 PM »

regarding science - i think labs shouldnt be allowed in safe spot altogether, even on ships.

That would mean ships couldn't enter it anyways.  Wait they still could. Just get someone to attack the ship and send it into the safe zone. lol
norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 01:43:49 PM »

it shouldnt be possible to speed up attacks on stations. otherwise only top players with no enemies can afford them. all other players would lose their stations eventually, no matter what they do. right now its impossible to be a pirate and build a hideout station, because it would be blown up at the speed of light.

EDIT: i mean destroy attacks, loot&plunder is ok
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 02:29:43 PM »

it shouldnt be possible to speed up attacks on stations. otherwise only top players with no enemies can afford them. all other players would lose their stations eventually, no matter what they do. right now its impossible to be a pirate and build a hideout station, because it would be blown up at the speed of light.

EDIT: i mean destroy attacks, loot&plunder is ok

I have been against speeding up attacks since it was put in. It gives too much of an advantage to someone to donates to the game. Donators can get a lot of perks as it is anyways. This is one I don't think should have been put in. Though I do think something needed and still needs to be done about attack times. BTW I won't lie, I have used QP occasionally to speed up attacks. I don't donate though. I vote.  I only use them when I feel it is really necessary.   As for pirates setting up outpost. Unless they are part miner, they aren't going to need outpost. A pure pirate makes do with just his ships. Though if someone were to sneak up on a pirate when he is out somewhere raiding, they could use a ship full of nukes and nuke the hell out of the ship causing a large loss of civilians and marines on the ship just by using up a some QP.

Emi I know you mean well man. But this was a bad idea. People are using this QP speeding up a lot. I myself got nuked not to long ago by someone who decided to speed up the attack. I know you didn't think people would do it much but it seems like more people are doing this then you first thought. This is just too big of an advantage to donators and people who can vote over and over again.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: