Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 16, 2024, 03:02:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: mining control (having trouble thinking of a better name)  (Read 9357 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2012, 03:36:57 PM »

I have finally gotten into mining. Yes I am now a pirate/miner. lol. Anyways I noticed something that I don't like. There is no way to set all the mines to mine all the same resources without manually setting each mine one at a time. On a smaller planet or a moon this isn't a big deal. But on larger gas giants, asteroid belts and large planets this can become a large process.  My idea is to add an extra control function to space stations. When commanding them, make it so that you can switch all the mines to mine a single resource without having to go through each mine individually. This could be a thing for all players or just VIP. As a VIP thing it might make more miners think about getting VIP status.  After all it would be a big time saver.
Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 06:11:22 AM »

Will look into it, could be an option in the space station, set all mines to mine resourse X or mine most profitable resources, if depleted go to next most profitable. Could be a station command, like auto-unload. Reduces micro-management, witch is good.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 01:39:11 PM »

Glad you like my idea. I thought about the auto switching to other resources but didn't suggest that part because I figured that might make it too easy. But it would be a nice feature as well.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 07:53:12 PM »

Also it'll be good an unload all modules on the surface control without having an station on orbit

An auto unload from the ships would be nice but it would also give people less of a reason to use a space station. There needs to be more good reasons to actually use them.
Sydney
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »

I think a button that automatically unloads all currently mined resources into your ships cargo hull would be good.

After all 99 times out of 100 all i want to do is pickup everything that's been mined before i move on. Small planets are no problem but if you have a number of modules then that's a whole bunch more requests made to the server, a whole lot more the user/player has gotta click and scroll through to achieve the same thing...

Syd Happens
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 04:57:15 PM »

I think a button that automatically unloads all currently mined resources into your ships cargo hull would be good.

After all 99 times out of 100 all i want to do is pickup everything that's been mined before i move on. Small planets are no problem but if you have a number of modules then that's a whole bunch more requests made to the server, a whole lot more the user/player has gotta click and scroll through to achieve the same thing...

A button would be a good thing.
norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 12:12:42 PM »

these things can be achieved by using user scripts
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »

I think we shouldn't need scripts to do things in the game. To me that is almost cheating. We need to focus on ideas that can actually help and improve the game. Not ways to try to cheat or improve things via scripts.  You also gotta remember not everyone knows how to make scripts and not everyone knows how to use ones others make. Not to mention not all scripts even work right. The idea I proposed here is one that can help anyone.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 08:02:21 PM »

I think we shouldn't need scripts to do things in the game. To me that is almost cheating. We need to focus on ideas that can actually help and improve the game. Not ways to try to cheat or improve things via scripts.  You also gotta remember not everyone knows how to make scripts and not everyone knows how to use ones others make. Not to mention not all scripts even work right. The idea I proposed here is one that can help anyone.

Ok, i know u're new to the minning thing, but when u get to a 126 blocks planet without a station onboard (because station are not exactly comfy for carring 20 wherever u go, without counting the licenses) then I want to hear you compare automaticed functions scripts with cheats.
A script will function properly if is properly made, ppl who don't know how to use a script is simple because they don't want to learn, i know nothing about programming greasemonkey for example, but that doesn't stop me from learning

This is totally derrailed from the original idea, but the fact remains: stations are lacking a bunch of functions (manufacture, unload all, orbit view and so).

Indeed stations are lacking. That is why I think we need to encourage people to come up with new ideas which might be good. If things can improve then people won't need scripts.  the only reason i compare some scripts to cheating is because being able to do so much more then people without can be considered almost unfair. Especially when it comes to newer players. Newer players see how cumbersome mining can be with all this and they might just decide to quit rather then stick it out or look for scripts. That right there isn't a good thing.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 05:46:44 AM »

BTW for those thinking of making a script to automate a process. Might want to check the game's TOS.

http://www.astro-galaxy.com/terms.html

Forbidden actions    
        (I) It is forbidden to use any type of software that can harm or interfere with the correct functioning of Astro Galaxy.    

(II) Forbidden programs    
        It is forbidden to use any bots or other ways of artificial stay online in the game. The same goes for programs that automates the actions of a player outside the mechanisms provided by the in game menu.
norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 07:42:22 PM »

unloading any number of modules is <5s on Opera with Snap Links add-on, you just open all links in background tabs and click "close all but this tab"
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 08:57:33 PM »

1. I don't use opera.
2. When it comes to suggestions I try to think of stuff that can benefit all players. Not just myself. Not every person uses the same web browser.
norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 10:45:55 AM »

im sure there are ways to achieve this on all modern browsers. and im not saying this is a bad suggestion, im just providing a makeshift solution until Emi implements that functionality to the game.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: